Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 01:46 AM   #31
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"I... tried not to think about it," he said miserably. "I just have a hard time with it... So... does it shut off...? It's not that I don't know how you fathered your own children... It's that I can't imagine you without the crown... Doesn't that get awkward when you're having sex? Or do your ladies particularly enjoy being commanded?"
Old 09-28-2015, 01:51 AM   #32
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"Some of them particularly prefer that." Rothgar chuckled as he shrugged. "You know one day you'll have same problem: no one around will remember you before the crown settled on your head. The truth is there's almost no time you will be able to put aside the crown once it's yours. Not even every mistress gives you that luxury. You learn to value the ones who remind you of the days you weren't responsible for every gods-forsaken thing."
Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #33
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's... cheery. Thanks..." Jason said, sinking back into his chair.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #34
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar watched his son with thoughtful eyes but no particular softness in his expression. "You will be king one day soon, Jason. I'd have you know what to expect- and a king's life is no easier than any other man's. You'll have your mistresses, as I've had mine. And you will find in some of them a great deal of comfort. Just as some of your courtiers will be your friends in truth, the companions who you can trust- not many, but if you are not a tyrant there will be a few. And the others are so much noise and air."
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #35
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason looked at his father, an unspoken question behind his eyes. He wanted to tell his father so much, but at the same time... "Hopefully not too soon," he said quietly. "You're young enough to be taking a new mistress... Surely that means you've got some more time left."
Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #36
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar's lips turned in a faint, but sardonic smile. "Sooner than I'd like, I suspect. The priests' foretellings have been... darker. And hells, I'd take a new mistress on my deathbed if one was charming enough. Not to mention it makes people think you're getting old and slow if you can't muster up enough interest to keep one or two around."
Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #37
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The displeasure upon hearing that was not masked nearly enough. "It's never once struck me that you would actually ever die... It still seems a bit... impossible." He shook his head. "I know that sounds ridiculous. I guess I just hope for more time... I feel like..." He stopped himself. "Never mind. Though, I must say... that has to be the most Vellfyre thing I've ever heard anybody ever say," he said, forcing a smirk.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #38
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Past time it struck you then." Rothgar's expression softened and he reached for his wine. "That's what this progress is about, son. You need to meet your people, show them who their next king is. So talk to Alaric, Attericus, Markus... you need friends outside the 'Reach. I know you favor your Vayth and the Vaughn boy but it's going to take more than them to rule this kingdom with what's coming from Elonia and Meridiez."
Old 09-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #39
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I know," Jason nodded. "Never once did I think I could be a king with just two friends... I think it is clear why I favor them, but rest assured, I'm well aware of a world that exists beyond the Reach."
Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #40
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Good. The same process will be required in the 'shores... worse, if I'm honest. Time to start courting the fleeing Merideen nobles. Some of them have made it north with gold and gems enough to buy them vassal lands and favors. I prefer that gold make it to my coffers rather than exclusively wending its way into Adhemar's... or that of Dragore."
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #41
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... it's good then I've been brushing up on my Asseryan..." Jason said, though his humor was dry. The mention of Dragore brought about a dark look. "So we are to encourage buying land and favors from us?"
Old 09-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #42
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Yes. Though specifically not from Adhemar's most troublesome vassals would be a good start."
Old 09-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #43
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have gathered that," Jason nodded. "I imagine some of those that are troublesome are about to be facing some troubles of their own."
Old 09-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #44
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Sadly you can't just murder entire clans, though. That's only Elonians and barbarians..." Rothgar sighed. "Though I'd like to know precisely what use there is in letting the damned Veracora survive. I've even considered slapping Leah for raising such a treacherous little ass."
Old 09-29-2015, 10:58 PM   #45
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think the hope is that they would kill one another and save everybody else the trouble..." Jason sighed. "Of all the places to not be hit with a case of bad fish..."
Old 09-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #46
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"They're not doing a good enough job of killing one another, clearly. And I dislike having to support a coup against Leah's own son but... if he continues, I'll at least have to look the other way while Adhemar deals with it."
Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #47
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"At least that's the worst you'll have to do in that regard... Not so with your nephew... It's only a matter of time before Edric's vassals begin to move against him."
Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #48
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"That's assuming we don't sail back to the 'Reach to find Gareth hasn't done it for them."
Old 10-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #49
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... THAT would be fun to sort out... Something tells me the Velgaraths won't roll over so easily, though."
Old 10-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #50
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"The Velgaraths are more broke than Sollis right now." Rothgar took a deep drought of his wine. "If Agrivale could find the coin or bribe enough, they'd look the other way."
Old 10-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #51
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose..." Jason said. "Though, I doubt there are others in the Reach that would be comfortable with Gareth vying for that much land... There aren't many who could do much about it, but the ones who could..."
Old 10-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #52
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"You mean House Wolfe?" he asked with a raised brow. "Why, you're right. That might vex them incredibly. Enough that they'll ask for my intervention. And then I can remind them of all the incredibly annoying things their family has been up to lately."
Old 10-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #53
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... yes," Jason nodded. He chuckled and shook his head. "I think that might work well with any of your other vassals... Though between Vayth, Delving, Kingsport, and Oldcastle... they're all quite new... Wolfe might not take a hint with a reminder. Or he might think he's nevertheless entitled... The only sure bet with Lord Wolfe is knowing his reactions are never a sure bet."
Old 10-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #54
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"I know he will be intemperate and hasty and easily swayed by his whims." He smiled at his son. "Of course, the question becomes where a stronger Lord Wolfe is better or worse than a ridiculous one."
Old 10-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #55
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose the answer lies in which is best for the people... And outwardly, a stronger one seems correct... Though, there are arguments against that are equally valid..."
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #56
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"It's always a riddle." He rolled his neck, shrugged. "It doesn't matter too much. We've got the Mondragons dead ahead. The heir fought with you, didn't he? Think you can convince him to keep his father from launching an all-out attack across the passes?"
Old 10-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #57
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason grinned as he thought of the heir. "He's got as much a chance of convincing his father as I do of convincing mine... Really, it depends on the day," he added. "But I can do my very best."
Old 10-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #58
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Well try. You'll have a number of days. One of them is bound to be the right one. And while I'm thinking of it, I don't suppose you have any argument to Kalden joining your household for the trip? Kain will be occupied with the horses and the men, so their paths needn't cross. Just... keep Kalden doing something. I'm forgiving him for Melantha, not because I expect he'll be any less of a trial."
Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #59
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason nodded. "That shouldn't be too difficult... I'm short a chamber lord, so he can step in for Vaughn. But I think Kain and Kalden know to keep away from one another... If for no other reason than to prove a point."
Old 10-02-2015, 02:00 AM   #60
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"The point that they don't like one another?" He grunted. "Just what I needed... a fracture in the family. Right when Kadreth's doing his level best to induce me to tossing him off the parapet."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre