Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Default 3.27.331 | Well... This is Awkward... | Jason, Elinor (ask to join)

He was looking for Rhaegar. There were, obviously, many things to be discussed. Most notably the events of the previous day. Rhaegar had been there when the fighting had begun, and to get a clearer picture of what had happened, it was either ask him or ask Thane Voldryn. While he had no reason to outwardly distrust the Shadow lord's son, he knew he would get more direct answers from his trusted friend. But the problem was he had no idea where he would be, so he started with the most obvious place and worked his way backward...

It was shaping up to be quite the hunt, and at last he decided to seek his wife instead. Maybe he wouldn't be with her, but there was a chance she would at least know where to find him.

He knocked and asked the maid if Elinor was decent before being shown in, and smiling for his cousin, he said, "I'm sorry to disturb you, my dear. I am seeking your lord husband. Might you know where I could find him?"
Old 09-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Elinor was making sure that all was in order. She wished to be away from this place as quickly as possible and was taking every step to be more than ready for an immediate departure. What she heard from Rhaegar and the actions of Lord Seyfert and the Solvitreo twin shocked her only causing her to dislike the place even more. Delving was tainted. Cursed even.

She was still sore from her wedding night, but thankfully not as terribly so as the day before. However, she would endure even travel and it exacerbating her soreness further I f it meant they were away from here. There was dread in the air, heavy and cloying ready to choke the life out of any and all.

As she started to arrange a few personal things while her maid and other servants packed away the rest, her head came up as there was a knock on the door and Sola went to see who it was. "Jason! Oh Rhaegar? I am not entirely sure. Hopefully making preparations to leaving or giving his acount of details from yesterday."

"How have you been?" She asked wondering why he was looking so tired to her.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm sure that's what he's doing. I just wish I knew where he was doing that..." he grumbled. But then he focused back on her and gave her a weary smile. "I've a diplomatic response prepared for just such a question, coz," he teased. "But you well know that these last few days have been... a test of patience."
Old 09-27-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A sunny smile appeared at his grumbling, "Well, if you sit awhile and chat, I would imagine Ser Rhaegar would be along shortly. Sometimes staying in one place will eventually allow you to catch up to the one you might be seeking out."

She nodded gently knowing exactly what occurred, "Yes, indeed, but I cannot say that I am surprised as well, dear coz. This place is not quite right, or rather was not..." She bit her bottom lip as the rest of her thoughts were not voiced.

"I did not have enough confidence to be at the duel wanting to be prepared to be away as soon as it was possible," she said instead.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He doubted that would be true, but he decided to sit anyway. "I've always learned sitting still gets you nowhere."

He leaned onto one arm, resting his chin against his knuckles. "Still isn't... Burning down a tower doesn't make the wrong go away..."
Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose that is true as well, but eventually Rhaegar will come back this way and I shall have you for a moment to distract you until he does, so win, win, yes?" A small smile given as he decided to take a seat anyways.

"No, it does not, but it could be a first step now that the dark priests are not attempting to turn more people towards their dark deity or scaring them for their darker deeds. A warning that they are not welcome here even if it was not why the tower was burned down in the first place," she said softly knowing how sensitive the subject was regarding the late Lord Seyfert.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He looked at her a little skeptically but said nothing else on that score.

"That's dark three times in one sentence, El... But it's not always a warning that is heeded when you challenge somebody else's faith... Imagine how you might feel if somebody challenged yours."
Old 09-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #8
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I know, I know...see how Delving also robs me of my eloquence?" She countered and then sighed falling silent as he turned it back on her causing her to look glum. "Much like a dream getting crushed underfoot," she replied for her faith was her dream and now it was something else entirely.

"Before I was wed, I felt as if I walked in two different worlds, more in Edelina's world than the one I was born into. Now, all has changed and even though I was given a lady's education, I feel that I do not know nearly as much as I need to," she confessed and then she shrugged knowing it was her burden to bear having chosen wrong, having hoped for something that would never have been a reality at least for her.

"Jas, what qualities do you admire most in Ser Rhaegar?" She asked curiously.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason gave her a worried look. Not just in relation to her answer.

"Rhaegar has stood by me through very difficult times. He is a talented warrior and a dear friend... His men respect and fear him in equal measure and he's of a sharp mind."
Old 09-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #10
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her expression turned pensive and then relieved, "I am glad that he has been a good friend to you, Jas. I hope that he does not find me utterly inadequate. It has been some time since our aunt's training and I feel...like rust on a poorly maintained sword."
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #11
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Rhaegar is not the monster his father was... If you do right be the household and fulfill your duties, he will take no issue with you. You might even find you'll have some room to breathe..."
Old 09-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #12
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zee's warning of Rhaegar lingered, and now Jason's reassurances. She did not know what to make of it, but perhaps she needed to lean a bit more heavily upon her own observations as everyone was capable of different masks to survive.

"Of course, Jas, it is not my intention to make his home life hell. I just feel like I have a lot of catching up to do so I am not a disappointment." Then she gave a sheepish smile, "I would not mind some room to breathe."

"How is your married life coming along?"
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #13
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Rhaegar is accustomed to living among sellswords. I'm not certain how you think you'd be a disappointment in that regard... You've been taught well, I would assume... You'll do a fine job, Elinor."

Jason blinked at her, his fingers drumming on the arm of the chair. "It is taking some adjusting. But I cannot complain. I've known I was going to be king since I was ten... She's not had as much time to get used to the idea of one day being a queen."
Old 09-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #14
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Time will tell all," she murmured not as confident.

The warm smile appeared, "She has you to guide her. Time and patience...lots of it, but being as young as she is still malleable. Do you happen to know what colors she favors? Is yours still earthy colors and dark greens?"
Old 09-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Time does have a way of doing that," he nodded.

"She favors green and purple," he said quickly. And then paused, considering just how quickly he answered, blinking in surprise. How... did he know that? "Um... Yes... Well... Black, too... And red... But generally that's the right of it."
Old 10-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #16
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elinor looked surprised as well then giggled as she noticed his surprise. "Excellent," she said then meeting Jason's eyes. "She must have said it at one point and it just stuck in your mind," she offered an excuse. However, she wondered if Jason was just growing fond of his wife.

Black again? What a somber color. Something came to mind and a bit meekly she asked, "Jason, I was wondering what your think of Ser Jayme? I noticed he carried Lucia's favor and wanted to know who she seemed to show a fondness towards."
Old 10-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #17
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think she did... I think before we were wed," he said, thinking back.

He blinked again at her, looking as if a second head had just sprouted from Elinor's shoulder. He had been aware that Jayme had worn Lucia's favor, but he had decided not to pay it any mind. That i was being brought to his attention now... "Ser Jayme is a good man... who knows better than to encourage your sister."
Old 10-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #18
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I understand that he is a good man. I understand that he would not encourage my sister...but..." She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples for a moment then exhaled. Her eyes opened as her hands fell into her lap, "but my sister is a beautiful and willful girl and perhaps she is the one doing the encouraging. Is he strong enough to withstand that sort of temptation?"
Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #19
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason gave her a strange look and then sighed. "If he's not strong enough to withstand whatever temptation your sister is offering, then it will raise some serious questions about his future in this court," he said firmly. "Are you suggesting that Lucia is trying to tempt him?"
Old 10-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #20
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She hesitated and frowned, "I do not know for sure. I think she just craves attention and wants to eliminate the loneliness that she might be feeling all the while pushing me away for all the anger and frustration she has pent up inside."

Gently, her bottom lip was pulled in between her teeth and she chewed on it, "I do not want Ser Jayme to get into trouble over this, but I do not know how far it might go and she no longer sees me as a sister. Regardless of the reason, I am just worried and feeling rather helpless as well."
Old 10-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #21
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ser Jayme has already been warned not to humor Lucia... Of course she craves attention. She is young. She is a Vellfyre... Which is why he is the one who should be putting her off..."

Still, Jason's frown deepened. "What do you mean she no longer sees you as a sister?"
Old 10-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #22
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A soft sigh escaped sensing that she upset Jason. It was not her intention to do so, but there was no going back. "She is angry at me, at father, at the world probably. I do not know how to help her, to reach her. We fought before we left on this progress and she has avoided me since."

"I will talk to her again soon, but I fear it will just end up in an argument as well and her storming out. The wedding and...this place has made it difficult for me to try to set aside that time for Lucia."
Old 10-03-2015, 12:59 AM   #23
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason didn't move as he listened, but it was clear that she had his full and undivided attention. "What she endured during the riots... we may never fully understand. Until she trusts somebody enough to tell it, it is a battle that she is fighting alone..." It was one he recognized.

"You can only do your best, Elinor... The rest will be up to her. Don't give up... But don't push too hard either."
Old 10-03-2015, 01:13 AM   #24
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have never had anyone's ill will to contend with, but that quickly changed. Lord Gawen, the King, Lucia and probably quite a few others that just failed to voice it aloud," she shook her head and looked tired.

"It seems my best is rather poor. I am used to people talking to me and offering support when it is needed...not this. But I am not giving up. I will do my best to fight for it. No more running away or just burying my head in the sand," she said with a bit more determination.

Then she looked a bit distressed once again, "If you could avoid disclosing my concerns towards Lucia and Ser Jayme's interactions, it might help me if I do not throw more kindling upon the fire." A rather poor choice of imagery, but it was too late to take the words back.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:30 AM   #25
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You are now Lady Vayth... People will wish ill on you simply for that fact and that fact alone. As long as you are alive, there will always be somebody who wants what you have and will hate you for having it. You cannot concern yourself over every person... Just the few that matter. And for you, Lucia matters."

He gave a small smile. "Good."

Then the smile faded. "I'm afraid I must, Elinor... If Jayme has decided not to listen to me... it has to be addressed... But I promise I will not implicate you. He rode with her favor... And I'm certain if I remain vague enough, they'll assume I am responding only to a rumor... But the fact is, if I don't put a stop to this and it is allowed to continue... my father will... It is better this way. Trust me."
Old 10-03-2015, 02:10 AM   #26
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

That thought did not sit well with her, but she did not argue with it. Truths and Jason had no reason to lie or exaggerate about these things. Even surviving Lucia's anger once, there were a few times when she just wanted to let it go and not deal with it, but it hurt more to remain a stranger to her sister. At least, if her sister continued to yell at her and hurl profanities, at least both will still be 'talking' even if they might not be communicating.

She nodded emphatically even though she looked a bit dazed and concerned, "You are right, Jason and it is better coming from you instead of your father. I just hope that they are friends and nothing more."
Old 10-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #27
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is rarely ever that... But I would hope that you know for certain. Especially since you more or less told me that she is the one doing the encouraging... Is she or is she not tempting him as you suggested?"
Old 10-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #28
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Despite what my sister believes, I do know a bit about her and how strong willed she is along with how deeply she feels, but I just hazarded a guess. I doubt he asked for her favor and usually when a girl asked a particular man to show off her favor it might be a bit more than friendship or so how the ladies talk amongst themselves. I just wanted to be sure whether he is encouraging it or she is, but it could cause a concern that is best stopped at the source before it grows out too wildly to be contained. I just want her to be safe especially when we have grown apart and she no longer confides in me," she explained trying to hide any emotion except a calm concern.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #29
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason lifted a brow. "So... speculation," he said at last. "At least you do have logic to support your argument, however, which is more than I can say for some of the recent ones I've heard of late... But assuming Lucia is tempting Jayme is not the same as her actually doing it... That does change the course of the conversation..." He leaned back again.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #30
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, you are correct," she replied. "It was not my intention to stir unrest, Jas. I am still trying to get used to being Lady Vayth and this other direction in my life. I find my mind is cluttered with too many worries and my words are not coming out the way I desire it. It is a speculation, but still a great concern."
Closed Thread

Tags
elinor vellfyre, jason vellfyre