Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Elinor Vellfyre

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 3.26 evening - a quick discussion - Elinor, Zee (open)

Jason and his household were summoned to attend the oaths of the new Lord Seyfert and the sentencing of the old, and Ziamara was left to attend matters of her own- the preparations to leave, the arrangements for Worthing's remains, and the letters she needed to write, but there was one thing best done quickly and in person before the night grew late and the lords returned to their beds.

She summoned Elinor, hoping her cousin would not be in some kind of drunken, hysterical haze after one night as a lady wed. The gods knew Ziamara's first day of wedded bliss hadn't been a thing of beauty... though she'd been far younger but probably less resistant to the idea of marriage.

Ziamara dashed off a few more lines of her letters as she waited for her cousin. She didn't put down the quill until the door opened and a page announced the new Lady Vayth. She dusted the parchment and set it aside to greet Elinor with a smile.

"Lady Vayth. How are you feeling with such a new title?"
Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

A small smile appeared as she walked into the room. She felt awkward not because of Zee, but not having fully figured out how to act with this new life.

"Still getting used to it. I felt like I was heading in one direction all my life just to be turned about in the exact opposite direction. Do I look as dazed as I feel?" She asked.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Just about." Ziamara's smile faded. "Have a seat, coz. I know they checked the bed this morning... How are you feeling? I hope it wasn't too dreadful."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sore, absolutely sore all over but worse below and inside, but he was gentle," she said then lowered her voice. "He almost put it off for my sake and I was tempted, but I thought of all the horrible things that might happen if I failed. I still fear it," there was a worried look and she shuddered.

"I acted the fool, Zee. I did not know how much the plague and riots seemed to have infected my mind. I have never acted so out of turn and hope to just melt underneath the rushes looking back on it all I cannot believe the things I have done even if at the time it was harmless or at least in my mind. Would uncle ever forgive me? I do not have the confidence at the moment to seekinn audience with him nor do i want to disturb him dealing with Lord of Delving."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Don't worry, Eli." Ziamara shook her head. "You've done your duty: you've consummated. The transaction is finished and you're Lady Vayth. I'm... glad to hear he was gentle. Willow bark tea can help with the soreness. Perhaps you can convince him to remain gentle for a week or two."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #6
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think that is what he plans to do, but I do not know my husband well enough quite yet," she murmured.

"Are you okay? I hear that you will not continue with us on the King's progress."
Old 09-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The magisters agree with my father and brother, I am still not strong enough to bear the rigors of the road. I'll return to Summerhall and rest while you all enjoy the progress without me." Ziamara shrugged. "I had hoped to prove them wrong but... you are not the only one still recovering from the riots. No one, not even father, will judge you too harshly, Elinor. Prove to them all you are capable now and the past will cease to matter."
Old 09-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #8
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would imagine it would yield some interesting stories and i shall do my best to keep you in the loop. Although my letter writng skills might seem lackluster. Is there anything you want brought back from Ashmark or Mirrormount?" She asked.

She still felt Rothgar's hands upon her throat squeezing the life out of her at times making her nervous enough to pick the right choice. A gentle nod was given, "I was so intent on my dream that I lost sight of my duty, my family. I will do my best..." for we are all only human.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:29 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No, not from there. But if you can remember to find some Rheggish wool in Solarii, I'd be much obliged."

Ziamara waved off the worries. "We all lose sight of the world from time to time. Even father. The storm passes, Elinor, so long as you don't keep stirring it up. Make peace with being Lady Vayth and no one will begrudge you the initial fight."
Old 09-24-2015, 12:43 AM   #10
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A nod was given committing it to memory.

"Any suggestions on now to make amends with Lucia?" She asked knowing that Zee was closer to her than her own sister while they managed to grow further apart.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Be patient...?" Ziamara shrugged. "I am no expert in healing sisters, Eli. I'd be far less at odds with my own if I knew those arts. Lucia's... angry. With everyone. Perhaps it is a fever that must run its course."
Old 09-24-2015, 01:23 AM   #12
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I hope so and I think I have an abundance of it when it counts," she murmured having always wanting to hide the truth from her sister thinking it would be best if all of the unfairness as ugliness was omitted some how. Of course it might be why she continued to be angry at everyone. They needed to talk first to even see what was in her head.

A frown appeared with thoughts of Valencia, "My husband told me I could remain in Val's household until his borders are safe once more." She tested the waters regarding the topic of Valencia.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose if you wish to," Ziamara said with a sigh. "Though with Milena as my witness, I don't know why you would; I can't recall Valencia doing a pleasant thing for anyone since Jason's ship made port last autumn. It can't have been a joy for you, dealing with her after her wedding."
Old 09-24-2015, 02:12 AM   #14
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Having been in her household I cannot help but notice things. As you know she does not seem to deal well with showing her emotions. I-I think she feels left out, Zee. She does love you and Jason so very much but as you both grew closer together she was away in Kingsport....neglected, forgotten, unloved? I could not know, but when she hurts she hides it well and covers herself in thorns to prevent further pain from seeping in." She frowned and sighed softly wondering how grand the rift was.

"She loves you and envies you, Zee. Wishes to be more like you and resents it. The more she hurts and has to deal with her emotions the more she fights it, hates it, and finds it easier to hurt everyone around her so they can feel her pain. I may have said too much, but I think she just hopes someone would still love her even when she becomes unbearably nasty. She wants her siblings to grab ahold and never let go no matter how much she might fight against it. She feels betrayed even though neither of have done her wrong."
Old 09-24-2015, 02:39 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zee's eyes shone a little and her lips thinned. "I think you're right, Elinor. Or... I thought you were right. But no one can hold a wolf to their bosom forever. It must eventually turn into their sister or else they let it tear their throat out... and ever more I think Valencia wants blood more than love. She was in Kingsport for three months, not a lifetime... and now..." She trailed off and shook her head.

"I'm tired of being stabbed and bitten every time I turn my head with her. Even my blood spilled across the temple stones wasn't enough for her. There's little more I can do to prove my love for Valencia than fall on a sword and sadly... since she won't move herself to do a single duty father needs a daughter who will."
Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #16
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"To someone like her, three months might have felt like a life time," but she did not want to ignore how all of this weighed down upon Zee and Jason as well.

And a bit of the truth filtered through on what Valencia's fate might be. It must be barely hanging on by a thread and like a chink in a dam, as soon as this child is born live or stillborn, Valencia's life will change probably for the worse. "Maybe her pregnancy has made her crazed and jealous desperately seeing friends as foes," Elinor said softly, sadly. "I know," she empathized knowing how tiresome it was to try to help those that did not wish to be helped but to inflict pain.

"If there is anything you need of me, you know that you can trust me right Zee? To help and never to intentionally hinder."

Then she gave a sheepish smile, "I am not perfect even though I stress my mind and body to make it so. As painful as it is to admit, cracking my ego, I have been selfish just thinking of what I lost and never a thought to anyone else including my own sister. T-this new outlook in life, the fate I have been dealt, I will grab onto my sister and will never let go. My sister hurts as well while lashing out in anger and I think I have been lax in asking...in talking to know and understand her." To hold in all that anger and allowing it to fester would result in...well in Valencia.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Gods, but I dearly hope it's childbed madness. That's what is staying father's hand, though he'll not admit it. He remembers all too well what Charlotte was like when she bore Valencia. Even my uncles speak of it in hushed tones." Half the older nobles of Kingsreach were probably still thanking the stars Charlotte had borne no more children- even her brothers had told tales of that time with a shudder.

Ziamara sat back in her chair with a shrug. "It's not easy to understand Lucia. She's rather of a kind with Val in that... but yes, I think for her you just need time. Your father's.... well, what she thinks of as his betrayal has cut deep. It may be his sin you're paying for just now- but Lucia will come around. It's barely been two months for her, and perhaps a few months of travel away from the capital, without your father's presence will help. I'm sending her on with Melantha rather than taking her home. I hope... well, I hope some time in tents and muddy roads might help her see her family in a more loving light."
Old 09-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #18
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elinor hoped so too for the latter thought gave her great concern for Valencia. "I have heard only a smattering of it like a story of monsters or ghosts...I do not think anyone that was there has forgotten," she added softly.

A smile lit up her face, "And I am grateful to you, Zee. Ah yes, roughing it after a life of luxury. Who knows, she might end up loving it all."

Then she remembered something that made the brightened expression dim, "She used to think herself in love with Rhaegar, but she seems to have moved on? I did not recall the memory until just now. Was it Ser Jayme that wore her favor in the tourney?" She realized that it has been even longer since they talked of men, but she was never very good at it and probably will still be rather terrible at it.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think it was Ser Jayme." Ziamara had caught a passing sullen expression on Parissa's face at the sight of it. "I wouldn't worry about her fancy for Rhaegar. What girl didn't stare at him when he first arrived with my brother? Lucia's finding her feet in a court with men returned to it; there must surely be a slew of others by now."
Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #20
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elinor tried to recall if she stared, but she might have been distracted and could not even recall any interest. However, one does not say such things about their husbands and it was just easier to nod and so she did. "I am ashamed to say that we have grown apart and what I once knew of her, I find that I know nothing of her wants or her interests except the ones that might overlap with my own."

A gentle frown appeared as she sighed, "However, I would imagine I may need to find new interests to occupy my time." Then a shy smile returned, "Any suggestions?" It seemed as if she was blind for most of her life only to be given the gift of sight and no idea what to do with a newly born gift.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed at that, not meaning it to be cruel but out of surprise. "Why should your interests change? You wished to help people and a lady can always do that. Give time to the temples, or gold. Turn your ladies to making supplies for them, if you want. I'm a poor one to ask, coz: my interests have ever been the court and mummers and I don't think you've much desire to patronize the artists of the land."

She paused. "Why don't you just ask Lucia what she enjoys? Or watch her. I think attention is what Lucia most thirsts for."
Old 09-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #22
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A sheepish smile appeared at Zee's laughter, "I am just getting used to the transition and trying to think abut more than myself and being Edelina's. Having a husband now and worrying over my sister. I have received some clarity, but still feel foggy and dazed maybe even a bit overwhelmed."

She nodded, "perhaps it might be something I need to start paying attention to as well."

"I would imagine she would try to shut me out to hold onto her pain and anger longer, but I will not be so easily shaken off." It sounded like determination and a promise, but she was scared too. "Watch her? Yes that might be a good start. Attention?" She mentioned with a pensive expression.

A grateful smile appeared, "Thank you, Zee, I think many will miss you after your departure."
Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I will miss all of you dearly, cousin. Perhaps... simply let Lucia know you notice her. Once she's done raging and sulking she might realize she's glad of it."

Ziamara's eyes narrowed a little as she examined Elinor, looking for... something. "In learning more of your sister, maybe you'll learn more of yourself. I don't think you've been granted the easiest of husbands- a sellsword captain, no matter my brother's opinion is a hard man and not who I would have hoped to see you wed. Gawen was hard too but in more... predictable ways. Be careful, Eli."
Old 09-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #24
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elinor nodded in agreement and smiled at Zee's advice and the hope that it invoked.

She blinked in surprise and wondered at the warning having no knowledge of what a sellsword captain was like. "I do not understand Zee, not having really paid much attention to much else, what are sellsword captains like? And what do you mean hard? Is that the same as cruel?"
Old 09-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It can be. Not always." She paused, debating how much to explain. "He's been in Asserya and Zaksebar most of his life, coz. And he survived there by selling his sword to the highest bidders. Sellswords don't worry about chivalry, and very little about honor. He's an Edolene lord and knight but he's also been very, very successful in the west. That success filled graves as well as coffers. And he rose up to lead a company... sellswords don't just follow whoever is the kindest and most courteous."
Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #26
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Falling silent, she listened to Zee's explanation with a gentle pensive frown. Knights worried over such things, but even then there were those that fell short of such a lofty code as well. Did they not?

Of course, what Zee said did bring her concern and she wondered what sort of husband he would be. If their wedding night was any indication, he shown her patience and even kindness, but as a leader of a company of sellswords he needed to be...as Zee described it, hard. She feared that she was not suitable for such a position not having lead anyone or even knew how to use her wiles or be guileful in an attempt to manipulate a situation, or even be a good political guide.

"I fear that I will end up having to learn everything as quickly as I can, but can I do it?" She murmured softly, "I wonder how I could be so blind to it all and instead of being aware of everything, I only saw what I needed to and now...and now I am forced to learn it all without a guide, without any safety net and without my family."
Old 09-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You'll be among your family a while yet, and we will help you all we can, Eli... I think you're capable of this, for what it's worth. But I know it will not be easy." She smiled. "Just do your best and hope."
Old 09-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #28
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gave a sheepish smile, "Thank you, Zee. Yes, it is worth more than its weight in gold. Although, I suppose one amendment is 'Just do my best and pray.'"

Again, she fell silent only because she felt a blush coming on with the subject she was about to broach, "Uh, Zee? I know you might have thought of me being the very last person to ever ask this, but I do not have anyone else to ask and I could not very well ask one of our male kin. Or rather I could not without just turning scarlet permanently."

There was a bit of fidgeting and her eyes closed momentarily as she squared her shoulders, but her face was already brightening as the words rushed out of her mouth, "How do you please a man in bed? I mean is there something that I can do besides just laying there?"
Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara's eyes widened in shock at the question and she opened her mouth, then closed it with a shake of her head. "I... Elinor, I'm not the one to ask about that. I wed Artos at ten-and-five and scarcely ever was a wife to him. I... I suppose I would simply ask your husband what he likes and offer to learn it? That was the best I ever managed with mine. Otherwise, visit the Milenan temple when we get to the Shores--her priestesses know all there is to know of pleasure." She bit her lip. "You could ask Melantha too..."

Ziamara's own cheeks tinged pink and she looked down. "I wish I could explain some magical art to you, Eli. The truth is... it's more about willingness than artifice, or so I hope. I never quite got around to experimenting with it as much as the court's rumor mongers would have liked."
Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #30
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It took a lot of nerve to ask Ziamara, but she was not sure if she could survive asking Melantha just yet. Perhaps she might visit Milena's temples, but inwardly, she was probably not ready for that either. "Yes, that is probably best," accepting her cousin's suggestions, but would she even be brave enough to ask if her ruddy cheeks were any indication.

"I have never paid attention to rumor mongers or much of anything else that had nothing to do with the path I wished to follow, but fate has forced my hand and I need to learn something new," she remarked and the rubbed her cheeks, "I may need to attempt getting sun-kissed or burned by it. I swear the heat of my face gives away my thoughts."
Closed Thread

Tags
elinor vellfyre, ziamara fairchild