Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 3.26.331 | A Baptism of Fire | Semi - Open, Ask to Join

To say Tyana was angry that her twin sister was taken from her to be locked in a tower was probably not scratching the surface. No, she went far beyond angry, or livid and inwardly screamed out for vengeance and reciprocity for the insult that was dealt the Solvitreos no matter how crazed Lord Seyfert claimed to be.

"Darres, if you do not help, then I will do it myself," Tyana yelled as he attempted to block her from the door and marching over towards the tower on her own. It was the beginning of a glorious argument, but like pissing up a rope, it was futile and left him feeling pissed on. Even as he explained that Lord Seyfert and his priests were arrested and put in his own tower passing the title over to Lord Seyfert's son. Tyana claimed that it was not enough and that the blasted monstrosity needed to burn.

She would do what she claimed as soon as his back was turned. Of course, it could have been a lot of worse, she could have used guile, smiled, feigned ignorance and a sweet face while averting those calculating eyes, but she did not want it just to be her to making a statement and retaliating with the attack on Zanara which in turn was an attack on the Solvitreos.

The opportunity presented itself when oaths of Fealty from the present Seyfert vassals to the king and the new Lord Seyfert were commencing in a sort of ceremony. Before than Darres gathered a few Solvitreo man-at-arms along with Tyana who could not be shook off with every intention of burning the tower down. It was made of stone and would not burn as well as if it were made of wood, but the doors of the tower were all made of a sturdy wood. The guards that were made to stay at the tower's entrance was dispatched but not killed. They were carried away blindfolded and bound to ensure that the alarm was not raised before they could complete what they set out to do.

A lot of animal fat was procured from the kitchens and butchers warmed and carried in buckets along with as much rope as they could spare and cheap cloth with brooms sticks. Excess straw was procured from the livery and several bales were carried away as well.

They went to work starting from the top of the tower using the cheap cloth tied to a broom stick and dipped into the buckets of animal fat and heavily coating the doors and crevices of tower from top to bottom as well as entering the rooms that might have had a disgusting bedrolls stuffed with straw. They ignored the voices within and worked stoically and efficiently. Each floor was covered in the grease and then straw was distributed along with sections of the rope placed into the grease coating it. Once each room and each floor was greased down, the men began to wrap the rest of the rope about the tower twice in length having knotted the rope a few times at the entrance of the tower where all of the greased up rope came together including the ones that were coated and placed upon each prepared floor and several torches were alit. The last remaining bale of hay to be used as quick burning kindling. Darres handed Tyana one and she nodded.

"Thank you, Darres," she said as she placed a kiss upon his cheek grateful that he was there with men loyal to the Solvitreos to right the wrong that was committed and she stood before the ugly tower and looked up towards the heavens. "Let this monstrosity be cleansed with fire most sacred. Let it burn with no end so that those within will suffer and confess while begging for forgiveness to the gods and goddesses that were offended by following a dark Edelina."

Then without any hesitation, she threw her torch onto the the bale of hay that caught fire instantly and stepped back. The fire began to burn and it quickly ate up the hay, but as it hit the ropes it started to burn slower and lazily climbed its way onto the rope where it was not completely greased down.

More torches were added to the ropes which caused the fire to hunger and eat whatever it could whether it was shrubbery, straw, grass, rope or anything that was close enough to get touched by the flame. Lastly, several bottles of pure grain alcohol was brought and the stoppers pulled off of it. She watched as the last remaining pieces of cloth was pushed into the mouth of the bottle and lit. Her eyes widened in awe as several of the men at arms threw these lit molotov cocktails through the entrance of the tower and watched it practically explode igniting more within.

There was one bottle still not lit and Tyana grabbed it. They would not allow her to throw a lit one, but it did not need to bit lit as the fire continued to grow hotter and grew expansive. With all of her might, she threw the last corked bottle through the entrance of the door and spit. "May the flames continue to follow you on your way to hell."

It was time to go knowing it would not do to linger. The guards would also be awakening if they were not already.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain had two Vellfyre knights and five men-at-arms joined as he passed through the postern gate of Castle Seyfert and to the tower where smoke was rising into the night. A cry was going up through the castle and in the town below: and by the looks of it, there wasn't going to be any doubt about who'd just turned The Dark Tower into a funeral pyre.

"Halt!" Kain gave the requisite cry of warning, though his sword was already drawn. "Darres, don't make me explain your blood on my sword."

"I doubt that's the blood we'd see spilled, pup." Darres' eyes glinted in the flames but he didn't draw his own weapon. Yet.

"You've just murdered Lord Seyfert's father, by the sound of it." Screams, howls, furious desperate sounds rang through the air under the sounds of crackling flames. "My uncle will want a word with you about that... and you, Lady Tyana. You are determined to cause a war, aren't you?"

"Blood for blood," Darres cut in. "That man insulted our house."

"But didn't actually draw any blood," Kain pointed out. "You were the ones to do that."

"And you were just going to let him live?"

"Is that what you call locking someone in a tower and forgetting to feed them?" He turned his attention back to Tyana. "Are you going to come peacefully this time, or do we need to fight about it, my lady?"
Old 09-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her eyes narrowed as Kain arrived with men of his own. Her face devoid of a readable expression. She was almost eerily calm as she tracked Kain with her eyes while Darren talked with him.

"Then we gave him a quick mercy something he did not give to his victims," she retorted and then she sighed. "Peace," she chose feeling a bit tired with the amount of energy expended to holding her hate. "I will go peacefully," Tyana replied sounding subdued.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And what did you give to his children?" Kain asked with a sigh. "You could have at least paid someone to do it after we'd left," he muttered to Darres before he motioned for the men to surround the Solvitreo party. The soldiers would be held in the hall while he and the knights took Tyana and Darres up to the king's quarters.

Around them, the castle's inhabitants were gathering to watch the flames licking up the sides of the tower- there was too little hope of putting it out and even less will to see it standing. But watching it burn was a good diversion for a few hours of fun, and no doubt speculation even now about whether it would stand after the support timbers were turned to ash. None of that was Kain's concern for now.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Peace as well and to ensure that they were not murdered in their beds for their fathers's sins," she answered but there was no heat from her words just that eerie calm. She held her words that paying someone would not have been the same, but it would not have given her any satisfaction. There was fear at losing her twin, anger that one of her own blood of her blood was touched and incarcerated by a mad man.

She walked with her eyes forward and followed the Knights to the king's quarters.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #6
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes. I'm sure Kyle, Keith and Natalia will see it that way."

"Kain." Darres' voice held a warning that the prince's son had no intention of heeding.

"She's the one who's going to be standing at court next to the daughter of a man she killed. I'm just preparing her for the obvious awkward moments."

"I set the torches."

"I'm sure you did. Try to convince the Seyferts of that, hm?" He stopped as they came to the door flanked by Crownsguards, who stood aside to let them pass... but this time a third one came out of the king's chamber and demanded Darres' weapons.

The Solvitreo handed over his sword and dagger, then the party was allowed into the royal presence.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #7
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Rothgar watched them all enter from his seat in a chair by the far wall. He wore a heavy cloak draped around his shoulders to ward off the night's chill. He held a heavy scroll, tapping it against the arm of his chair.

"Well, Darres? Tyana? What have you to say for this?"
Old 09-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #8
(Lord) Kyle Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kyle shoved his way past the Crownsguard, after giving up his weapons in good faith. Had he not, the normally calm and rational man would have plunged a dagger into both of the Solvitreo's chests, for the outright murder of his father. "Forgive me, your grace..." he bowed, stiffly, at the waist, "but please tell me that this is not so..." a murderous, tearful glare was shot toward the Solvitreos currently in the room. "...please tell me that my father was not burned alive." Of course, he already knew the answer. "For if this is so..."
Old 09-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #9
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana curtsied deeply before the King. She would have answered when asked however Kyle entered as well, tearful and murderous of the events that unfolded before them. As still as a statue, she stood her full petite height until a threat was implied causing her brow to lift, but for once she did not take the bait. However, she looked back towards Rothgar.

"The tower burned. It was a black mark upon the land that needed to be eradicated," she explained.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #10
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain rolled his eyes but he got between Kyle and the Solvitreo girl. "Brother," he said with far more sympathy to his former good-brother. "We can't resurrect him from the ashes. Whether he died in the fire or not, he's gone now. I'm sorry."
Old 09-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #11
(Lord) Kyle Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"...thank you, Kain." His voice turned more quiet. "I know I cannot, but..." Kyle turned toward the king. "The Lady Tyana and Lord Darres gave and dispensed justice that was not within their rights to give." He turned to look at Tyana and Darres, looking over his former good brother's shoulder. "I deeply regret what my father did. I do. But since when is it your rights to be his executioner? And on my lands, no less?"
Old 09-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #12
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Surprisingly, she agreed with Kain so fell silent, but she failed to feel any remorse to the last lord's death.

Her lips pressed into a thin line as she resisted blurting out what regret got anyone, but finally managed in a lackluster tone, "The tower's destruction was my aim. I had no idea that he was to be locked in the tower as his punishment until Lord Kain told me what was done." It could have been true for she never entered the tower while it was painted in grease.

"And as I told Lord Kain, he is at peace now and I do deeply regret that he was locked up in the tower when we burned the tower down," she met Kyle's gaze and sounded sincere while even looking contrite.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #13
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

He almost didn't believe his uncle when he was told what happened. Bryce must have just found out, too, for he had very little to add other than 'The tower is burning and it seems the Solvitreos are to blame for it.' He couldn't tell his uncle's sentiment regarding it, but he figured if he was being told by him directly, it was a serious enough matter to require his accompaniment. and so they arrived together, catching the last exchange between Kyle and Tyana.

He looked first to his father, bowing his head and then gave he looked at his cousin... and then his childhood friend. "I've only just heard," he said softly. And that look in his eyes. He knew it well. He felt it, too.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #14
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

He would not have believed it fully if not for hearing it straight from her lips. "We burned the tower down?" he repeated, giving her an incredulous look. He sighed and glanced up at the king. Youth today... At the very least, the gross destruction of property was going to be substantial. It could not have been cheap to construct the tower. But to throw in the loss of life... He gave his goodson and look of profound sympathy, but he spared no such kindness when his eyes fell on Darres.

"You helped to make possible this... gross miscarriage of justice?" His brow arched.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #15
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He considered calling the Justiciar's assistant but with the involvement of two Solvitreos... Rothgar watched Jason and Kain with Kyle, listened to his brother and Tyana...

"Your father violated guest rights by laying hands on someone who'd sat at his table and eaten his bread. For that I stripped him of title and confined him to the tower. And it seems my ruling did not go far enough for you, Lady Tyana... You took it on yourself to burn men alive in that tower. Whether or not you meant to kill Ryan Seyfert, you did mean to kill the priests imprisoned in there. You will not tell me you bid your men to oil that tower without one of them noting prisoners within. Nor do I believe you ignorant of my pronouncement regarding Lord Seyfert's punishment last night in this very hall. So whilst I was overseeing the present vassals oaths to Lord Seyfert here, you and your merry band decided to finish what you felt I had left undone."

He wasn't glaring at Tyana now but Darres. "And you, my boon companion and housecarl. You have done this, on the slim and meaningless pretext of obeying your liege's daughter. Bullshit, Darres. Your arrogance wrought this mess- instead of safe-guarding your liege lord's child you have encouraged her in this lunacy." He held up a hand before Darres or anyone else could attempt to speak.

"Lord Seyfert, what price would you demand as justice? Is it lives you wish or coin...? Both? I will hear your thoughts."
Old 09-23-2015, 01:53 AM   #16
(Lord) Kyle Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"His life was not yours to take, Lady Tyana!" he snapped at her, his voice and face filled with vitriol very uncharacteristic to him. "Neither was his peace yours to give. Your very words insult me." The arrival of Jason and Bryce interrupted his thoughts, and then he listened to the king speak to both of the Solvitreos.

"I..." he sighed, placed both his hands on his hips. "...I would wish both, your grace. Coin will help to repair the damages this fire caused. Lives...this fire, unfortunately, killed my father, and it killed the other prisoners. It could have gone much, much worse...it could have spread, killed others...then again, I don't expect those who are short-sighted to know this." At this, he looked directly at the Solvitreos, and then back to the king.

"So yes, in answer your grace: I would prefer both, though one or the other would suffice should I not be able to receive both."
Old 09-23-2015, 02:03 AM   #17
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"So be it. The one I will order, the other I will let the gods decide. Lord Kyle, choose a champion from among your men. He will fight Lady Tyana's- and Darres will stand for her. The fight will be until one or the other yields. Or dies. As the case may be. That we will watch on the morrow."

Rothgar drew a breath and his blue eyes focused on Tyana. "As for the coin: your father has negotiated with me to grant your hand to a Vellfyre. I will send word that Adhemar must forfeit the entirety of that offered dower to House Seyfert, without receiving a marriage for you. That's the cost of a life, at least- your own, this time. What further punishments Lord Solvitreo sees fit to dole out upon our arrival in Solarii is up to him."
Old 09-23-2015, 06:39 AM   #18
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The Solvitreo fell silent even as people snapped at her. Her expression was blank and eyes were averted. She knew there would be consequences for her actions and feared for Darres. Already she was numb to it all as if tossed into an icy black ocean.

There was no outbursts or evil eyes given as she looked tired and defeated...but satisfied. Although she now had a reason to dread going back home. It would be held over her head like an axe ready to fall.

She would not cry or scream having resigned herself to this fate and only felt concern for Darres, but helpless once again. With one decision it seemed that also affect her future as well. So be it.

In this situation her twin was harmed and kidnapped but later rescued. Imagine what she was willing to do if she died.

With a practiced grace, she curtsied deeply before the King. "Yes, your Highness," she murmured. Then awaited to be dismissed.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #19
(Lord) Kyle Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded. "Yes, your grace." It would not take long to decide upon the best of his fighters from amongst his vassals. And the fact he would receive the Lady Tyana's dower...he felt no remorse for her loss of a future marriage, and did not even expect much in the way of anger from Lord Adhemar in regards to this. There were ways to dispense justice. Burning men alive? Not one of them.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Her cold indifference startled him enough to give her a look of disappointment. His fingers flexed, the leather sounding softly with the movement, but he managed to turn his attention to his friend. "My lord... Allow me to accompany you."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:40 PM   #21
(Lord) Kyle Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded to Jason. "As you wish, my prince..." as long as someone kept in between Kyle and Tyana and her rude, smug indifference to outright murder, then he would accept anyone's accompaniment.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:24 AM   #22
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Kain, escort Lady Tyana to Alianor's room. She will share my sister's chamber until we leave this place. With two guards at the door and shadowing her until after we pass the gates." The king's eyes swept over Tyana.

"My wife has had the task of your education, yet not even the queen of Edolon can teach you humility enough to abide your king's edicts. I will have words with your father on that score, Tyana. Were your father not my dearest friend, I would horsewhip you in the street. I shall have to hope he sees fit to mete out proper punishment himself. Get out of my sight."
Old 09-24-2015, 12:38 AM   #23
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was barely holding it together, but she was determined not to try to degrade herself further by reducing to tears and having them sneer at her that she was attempting to beguile them.

Her head was bowed and the palms of her hands were pressed upon her heart. It hurt as it viciously pounded in her chest. She could no longer look anyone in the eyes and Rothgar's words stung as if he struck her. Inwardly, if it helped she would have taken the beating, but she kept silent.

It was when he demanded that she get out of his sight and they were out the door did she exhale a shaky breath, but the tears did not truly fall until she was behind closed doors.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:47 AM   #24
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He caught Tyana's arm with far more gentleness than he suspected his uncle would have liked. "My lady." He offered a deep bow to Rothgar, and a quick look at his father before he guided Tyana out of the room.

"My aunt won't be as harsh," he whispered once they were in the hall.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 AM   #25
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana did not notice what others might have caught on, but was grateful that she was ushered out of there. She could not breathe properly as her heart continued to pound and squeeze in her chest and heat rose up her throat or was that bile? Soon she was sobbing and trying to catch her breath only to have it come out as a ragged wet breath as she attempted to walk. "What have I done...I promised. I..oh..." She shuddered as she tried to gulp for air and felt as if she was choking. Darres...oh gods my fault. I could not be reasoned with I..."

She fell silent as she met Kain's gaze and his whisper. "P-please do not be kind to me o-or I might not make it to your aunt's door on my own two feet." Tears were welling up ready to fall and she closed her eyes willing herself to breathe as a part of her face began to numb being on the verge of hyperventilating.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:17 AM   #26
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No one's really expecting you to do that." Kain slid an arm around her waist and started walking, prepared to hold her up if her legs wouldn't. "Come on. Try not to cry til I can get you into Alianor's room. And for what it's worth, I don't think Darres has ever done a god-damned thing Darres didn't want to do. So it's not all your fault."
Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #27
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her legs gave out twice and she could not stop shaking as she kept gasping for air wanting to curl up on the floor of the castle like a poor pathetic little lump but instead just began to rock, "I-I promised. I would not...I would not...my twin, and I could not be reasoned with. I...am a terrible, hateful person...and everyone will hate me for...it...for what I had done." Forcing air into her lungs while trying to speak was starting to burn her throat just adding to the misery. The tears rolling down her cheeks, but she did not realize she was doing it for her face was numb and her hands were seizing and numb as well.

Kain was being nice to her. It registered somewhere in her hysteria, but she wondered if she might have also died in the fire and the gods were being further entertained by her confusion.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #28
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Gods, you're a brat." Kain's grumble came without any real heat in the words- exasperation rather than insult. He adjusted his hold on her as her legs wavered again and finally stopped, letting the guards keep their distance and slapped her across the face with his palm- not even hard enough to leave a mark, just to get her attention. "You know why people will hate you? Because one slap on the wrist and you start bawling. You burned a few madmen alive, not a temple full of virgins and nursling babes. So you'll lose a dower and your cousin has to fight. Darres is a fucking tourney knight what the hells do you think he's been doing for coin since he was squired? Fighting. So stop fucking sniveling and act like a high lord's daughter instead of my sister's chambermaid caught fucking the steward."
Old 09-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana did not hear his words and then looked taken back by the slap. Her eyes widened as they stared up at Kain's and she blinked. Then she began to focus.

She fell silent with an occasional sob and hiccup, but continued to stare at him as he spoke. "Oh thank the gods, I thought I was dead," she murmured with a bit of horror as she shook her head as if she was just waking from a bad dream. Even though his execution was poor at least when it came to her not having dealt with him much before, she needed that. His words were rough, but strangely kind or just what she needed to hear to reinforce herself and to stop herself from completely losing her mind.

Just then, he was entirely too close and she smiled at him. The distance was short and she was not thinking for the next second she gave him a peck upon his lips and nodded. "Yes. Yes...thank you." She said as she exhaled a cleansing breath and squared her shoulders needing the salt, grit and vinegar that this man always managed to dole out. Did she just kiss Kain? Maybe he would not notice...Gods she was losing her mind. It was nothing just a token of her appreciation. No probably a bottle of wine would be a better token. She awaited further yelling from him...

"I will go to the princess' quarters now. I-I can walk on my own," she reassured him as she straightened up and exhaled another shaky breath walking a bit faster. To cover any awkward silence she asked, "Did your sister's chambermaid actually start to snivel when she was caught fucking the steward?"
Old 09-25-2015, 01:53 AM   #30
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Women. He blinked when she kissed him but only harrumphed and slid his arm around her waist with a growl under his breath that might well have been a Zakkish curse. "You say walk, but I prefer not to explain how you ended up bruised. And the steward was Georg Seyfert. I'd have been embarrassed to be caught too, in her shoes."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, kyle seyfert, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo