Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:19 AM   #31
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"I may be a sorceress in some songs, my love but I cannot bring the dead back to life." She kissed his cheek. "You're alive." Her hands came up to frame his face and she looked into his eyes. "So you right that wrong, Jason. Let him die. Or let him feel what he's done to others... you felt the ghosts. They can't free themselves but you can."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:42 AM   #32
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"I need to hear most of these songs, then... I think it'd be fun to have a sorceress sister..." he teased, even if his voice was still subdued. "You're... you are right... I must find a way."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:47 AM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You don't have to do it alone. I will help, whatever way I can. And if it requires a sorceress, so be it." She laughed and leaned in to put a quick, chaste kiss on his lips. "There is no dungeon I would not walk into if you asked."
Old 09-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #34
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He sighed and leaned in to press his forehead to hers. "But... how could I ask that...? I would not have anybody I love endure hardship for my sake."
Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sometimes it is not what you ask but what happens... the wheel of the fates takes all of us places we never intended to be." She slid her arms around his shoulders and hugged him, tight as she could. "Whatever happens, whatever visions or dreams or madness or misfortune... I am never going to let someone order me to sit back and let you endure alone again, Jason. Father forced me to stay here, and tied my purse strings so I could not send men to you... he ordered me to let your men handle your rescue while he negotiated. I'm never going to forgive him for that."
Old 09-22-2015, 12:40 AM   #36
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason's head lifted then, and he gave her a look that might have been hard to read... Had she been anybody else. His jaw tightened and he winced as if somebody had poured alcohol on a wound. "You say things like that... and then expect me to believe that there's love in his heart for me... When I know that to be false... And if he knew my nightmares were returning..." He tore his eyes away. "He'll probably regret that I was rescued at all... If he doesn't already. It would be easier for him to make Myles his heir... He's not quite old enough to hate him yet. Not for good reasons anyway."
Old 09-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Jason." She caught his cheeks in her hands to make him look at her. Sitting on his lap, wrapped around him as she was, it was impossible to entirely avoid gazes when they wanted to communicate... "Father loves you. If he knows of your nightmares, he'll grieve and he'll pray. Trust him enough and you'll see- he feels things, deeply. But he cannot let it show. When you were captured he sent emmissaries, he sent treasure- he threatened to order his men to burn every Zakkish prisoner. I don't forgive him for not letting me help, but if I thought he didn't care and wasn't desperately trying to get you home, I'd have poisoned him and left before they could name Bryce regent."
Old 09-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #38
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason felt his eyes begin to sting. He was crying too often these days... But with Zee, there was no shame in it. He didn't hide the pain or the doubt... And he let the tears fall as they wished. "You see what I do not..." he whispered. "I see disappointment in his eyes when he looks at me... and little else."
Old 09-22-2015, 01:07 AM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then trust me, my heart. Trust my eyes when yours aren't seeing clearly." She kissed his cheeks, and her hands smoothed down his hair as she let his head settle on her shoulder. "Perhaps its himself he's disappointed in. He failed to protect you, he failed to ensure you had a brother at your side as he has Bryce... he's had a thousand failures as a father." There was bitterness in her voice then. "I wish I could show you what others see in you, but you never listen. So trust that I don't lie to you."
Old 09-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #40
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Only a thousand?" Jason asked, leaning his cheek against her hair. "You think better of him than I..." He bit his lip, his mind picturing his brother... Lamenting the future he used to imagine with his siblings. Lost in dreams. "I listen... But you have this bad habit of thinking me better than I am, too," he said with a fond smile.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:21 AM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And you have the worse one of thinking yourself worse than you are. It balances out." She stroked his hair and sighed. "And I was only counting the greatest failures, thank you. I know he's failed us all a million times over but we are children of a king- he did his best. He's handing you a throne without a civil war or built of bones. Sometimes that's the best a king can do for his children."
Old 09-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #42
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Without a civil war? Only because Gawen Vayth finally had the decency to die..." Though even as he said it, his eyes twinkled with... something. "How fortunate that it should happen before his marriage to our cousin... And with such a contentious border."
Old 09-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fortune favors our father betimes." She smiled and put her hand on his cheek, meeting his eyes with a knowing expression in her own. "I have thanked the gods for my good-brother's timely failure, I admit. Gawen had his virtues but they are better memorable without his continual parade of flaws." She brushed another kiss on his cheek. "Now you need only sort out your seaside problems."
Old 09-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #44
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So it would seem," Jason agreed, his lips meeting her opposite cheek. "And it would appear Rhaegar is family in name, though he has long been a brother to me. I hope he is less put off by his wife than his father appeared to be." He sighed then. "To say nothing of the problems elsewhere... Including back home."
Old 09-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Rhaegar has more patience than Gawen. I think that will benefit Elinor's health in the long run." She smiled and tilted her head. "Back home? You mean Kadreth...? Or something else?"
Old 09-22-2015, 11:43 PM   #46
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose that depends on Elinor," he said. "There's Kadreth... And then our cousins... To say nothing of our sister and the child she carries..."
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 PM   #47
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Kadreth can be managed," Ziamara said calmly. "And Valencia's child will be a miscarriage. The sickness she's suffered doesn't lead to living children no matter what the magisters may promise. That leaves the matter of her marriage to Jarem- which I doubt father will let stand. Someone else shall stand as lady of Kingsport ere the year turns. Though how long Jarem will be its lord after your mother speaks with Lindaraxa I do wonder... The easiest way to salvage that would be recalling him as ambassador on some Trimerid pretext and replacing him. Or sending a proxy."
Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 AM   #48
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Which leads to more questions," he said, trying not to think about what that would do to their sister. But... he knew he couldn't hide it. There was no point in trying. He hesitated a moment and then opened his mouth to speak, his voice soft. "Have I failed her, Zee?"
Old 09-23-2015, 12:21 AM   #49
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Something dark flashed in Ziamara's eyes. "No. Valencia failed Valencia. She had a choice, Jason: she could have accepted her husband and made the best of it. She chose to throw a fit. She could have asked for your help. She chose to throw a fit. She could have asked for my help. She chose to throw a fit. She could have begged father to help her... but she threw a fit. In front of the entire house. She knew he'd have no choice in his reaction- and then she hissed of treason and all the things she could do to spite him. So no, Jason. You didn't fail her: you never got a chance to fail her. I have spent months weeping and praying and writing letters and visiting: begging for her forgiveness, for her indulgence, for any single sign that she sees me as anything but her enemy and I am exhausted. I can either be of use to you and the rest of the world, or wallow in misery to prove to Valencia how valuable she is. Do you know my word from court has been she's still ignoring the responsibility father gave her in the palace? Still. We've been gone! There's no one left to spite but she won't lift a finger to help herself."
Old 09-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #50
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason reached up to cup Ziamara's cheek. "I only wonder at what she expected... What she hoped would happen... I... hate to think there's nothing I can do for her. That there's nothing she will let me do for her... I know it is not my fault... But it's like watching her swim out to sea to drown... and not being able to pull her back."
Old 09-23-2015, 12:36 AM   #51
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's not a child anymore. The best we can do... is treat her as a woman grown. The thing your mother hasn't been doing. The way father refuses to see her until lately." Ziamara's head tilted so she could rub her cheek against Jason's rough palm. "I'll respect her choices. I'll stop trying to convince her I'm her sister and just... let her figure it out on her own. Like one of her ridiculous puzzles. Father's given me enough to do without carrying Valencia's misery around like a lodestone."
Old 09-23-2015, 01:36 AM   #52
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Has he?" he asked, his thumb brushing her skin lightly. "In that, she is not unlike Charlotte... Always right even when she's wrong..."
Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #53
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We are both our mothers' daughters..." She kept leaning into his touch, all the more for what she needed to tell him. Though it was a bad time- but there wouldn't be time later... and not telling him? Was worse than saying it at the wrong moment.

"He's tasking me with returning Worthing to the Wolfes," she said quietly. "After Whitney..." Ziamara trailed off. "So much for letting me rest during the progress."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #54
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He took a heavy breath in, but if the news angered him, he at least kept it to a general look of annoyance. "But of course he did... I suppose it could be worse... He could have asked you to do it while juggling swords..." He tightened his embrace around her.

"You'll be safe, Zee. I'll make sure of it."
Old 09-23-2015, 11:44 PM   #55
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You don't need to worry. I'll have Mark and I can speak to Warrick... and if the roads are wretched as they've been all spring, I'll have barely made it there before you and father come sailing up the coast."
Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 AM   #56
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And you'll have Elijah, too. Don't argue, Zee... I know you want to. But it's as much for me as it is for you. I'll feel safer. And whether you will admit it or not, so will you. I'll feel safer, also, when Warrick's with you. He won't be happy about Worthing, but I think he'll know better than to blame you." Warrick was not the one he was worried about.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #57
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No, I can't take him. He has spring planting, Jason. Vassals, who need to see their future lord cares about them. A father he has to help. You already keep him away three fourths of the year- he'll inherit lands that reject him at this rate." She gave her brother a pained look. "I may want him there, and you may wish for it but his life is more than just serving our whims. He can join me after he's done in Shadowdale, but please don't make him a bad liege lord to his men."
Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #58
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason frowned. "Fine... if you can convince him not to accompany you, I will concede."
Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 AM   #59
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara's smile returned, her eyes dancing. "Thank you, my love." She leaned against him in a fond embrace. "See? You are a good leader. Assign me another knight to ease your conscience. I'll remind Elijah of all his duties this season."
Old 09-24-2015, 01:46 AM   #60
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It dawned on him then. "Damn it... And he'll listen to you, too, won't he...?" But a second later her was chuckling, holding her close. "I'll have to talk to him about sprinkling in a few 'nos' here and there... But you are right in this."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, ziamara fairchild