Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 3.26 noon - what now...? - OPEN

Ziamara's pink dress whispered over the rushes as she swept through the Seyferts' great hall without deigning to notice any of the gathered courtiers. If they wanted to talk to her, they'd approach. Or not. She wasn't particularly in a mood to care about it just now. Her brother was out with a dozen guards trying to calm the Solvitreos and Seyferts from erupting into a war, and her father was roaring at his squires...

Ser Mark was, of course, shadowing the princess's steps and he edged closer to stop her from going out the main door-- which was apparently too close to possible danger. Shooting him an irritated look, Zee changed course to go toward the side chambers, and out toward one of the terraces, where Lady Seyfert kept her herb garden. Might as well make certain there were possets and potions ready for the inevitable bruises, blood and general horror sure to result from the clashing weaponry outside.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason gave a vague attempt at a protest when he realized why Kain wanted to take him to see Ziamara. He was fine now... Sure, he'd felt a little strange in the tower... Possibly. He didn't remember too much of it... And his wrists still felt a little odd, but he was fine now. Surely his cousin could see that, but it didn't seem to matter.

Inquiries were made as to where she'd gone, but at last, Mark was spotted, and where Mark was, Zee was sure to be close. He sighed, cast Kain another pleading look, but then went forward into the herb garden where he greeted his sister with a small smile.

"There you are, sweetling. We were looking for you."
Old 09-17-2015, 02:42 AM   #3
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain snorted. "I was looking for you. He's insisting he's fine. Can you please correct his sorry ass, so I can get back to beating the shit out of Seyfert's priesthood?"

Still, he walked past Jason and reached to take Ziamara's arm and pull her safely away from whatever poison she was picking so he could lean in to add: "Funny turn in the tower. Get him to drink something. Or.... some shit. I don't know. Fix it."
Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 AM   #4
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She didn't require Kain's aside to guess something was wrong with her brother: Jason's color was pale and his hands weren't steady even though he was doing his best to hide it. Nor was his stride as sure as usual...

"Jason...?" She nodded to show she understood Kain and moved closer to her brother to put her hand up to check how warm his cheek was. "You look exhausted."
Old 09-17-2015, 02:56 AM   #5
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He lifted his hand to his hair, running it through a couple of times. "I am..." he admitted. Because it was Ziamara. "I know... It's just stupid... I saw something that reminded me of Charn and... I got lost for a moment. But I'm all right now... I'll be all right..." But he realized, perhaps even after she did, that he wasn't telling the truth. "I will be..."
Old 09-17-2015, 03:04 AM   #6
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mm. Well, I won't be. Anything that reminds you of Charn needn't be part of this realm." She glanced at Kain. "Maybe someone should set that thing on fire about the time we leave..."

Ziamara's hand reached for Jason's. "Walk me to my room, love. I'm tired and so are you. Let's take a few moments before we all inevitably face the wrath of the king. Kain... would you go see how much it would take to burn that bloody tower to the ground?"
Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 AM   #7
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Finally, someone asks me to do something fun!" He grinned. "Jase, go get a nap. And wake up refreshed so you can assure everybody I'm not going to set anything else on fire, whatsoever for a good many years. You lie best when you've slept."
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The thought of a nap actually scared him. His hands trembled a little more violently. He knew Ziamara would have felt that. But even he couldn't fight back the grin. "Well... it is for such a very good cause," he said to his cousin. But then he looked down at his sister, his smile still present but his eyes telling a very different story.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain's departure was swift- rather like ordering a retriever to fetch its favorite ball. In this case being 'siege weapons and kindling'... Ziamara met Jason's eyes and nodded in understanding. She took his arm and started walking, letting Mark and the other guard fall into step in their wake.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" she asked softly. "Or just get away from people for a bit?"
Old 09-17-2015, 03:31 AM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps both..." he said softly. "I saw a man... I don't know who he was. It didn't matter... He'd been put in the tower and just... forgotten. Maybe deliberately, maybe not... I can't be sure. But when I saw him... and when..." He stopped, not quite wanting to describe it in too much detail. "It just made me feel like I was back there... And I kept thinking how he could have been me... How if Rhaegar and Elijah hadn't come... maybe that would have been me..."

He clenched his jaw. "And then I think that it was Ryan who did this... And that he has lost his damned mind... And that he should be left to be forgotten somewhere... So he can know what it is to starve..."
Old 09-17-2015, 03:36 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It wouldn't have been you. If it wasn't Rhaegar and Elijah, it would have been Kain or Kalden or a thousand others. People don't forget princes." She hugged his arm, but would wait on anything else until they were in her room- which was close already. The few blessings of a small castle...

"So we will lock him away in an oubliette and let him starve. Or whatever punishment you recommend. I'll argue for it with father if you need reinforcements."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded and then reached out for her door, opening it for her before following her within. The moment he let it shut behind them, he fell back against it, letting out a forced breath with the thud of his body, and both hands shot up to his hair, fingers grasping firmly but not pulling.

"I cannot... continue this..." he chided himself. "If father knew I was doing this... I just... need to stop..."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She let him deal with the door and went on into the room to pour mulled wine and set a cup next to the bed before she went back to stand before her brother. "Come on and sit down. The herbs will calm your nerves. And there's lavender-honey for the bread. That will help too."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason rubbed his face and then moved towards a chair, more or less falling back into it, his legs stretched out in front of him. "I'll have to face father soon enough... To report on the tower and... to answer for my wife..." He sighed deeply. "Sometimes I wonder when I'm actually going to wake up..."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If you wake up, it's probably to the afterlife, love. I assure you, this part is the real one." She sighed and moved at his side, so she could offer him the wine before slathering some of the lavender-laced honey on the bread and holding that out as well. "It will help to calm you. Father is going to be terrible but I'm sure your wife's not that bad... what can she do, scratch your arm? Severely bite your ankle?"
Old 09-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Either way, I would be in good company..." he said. He took the wine and the bread and whispered his thanks before taking a few sips. "I'm not worried about that... I'm worried about father... He struck her for... Well, she mouthed off to him. Threatened him... And I didn't know what to do... I wanted to protect her but... how could I? If I had tried... he would have become angrier..."
Old 09-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sank onto the bed next to him with a sigh. "Jason... Well. He chose a Harrowmont. He had to know that's different from a vassal lord's child. He can't do too much to her." Or a lot, depending on what day it was...

"Counsel him to save his anger for the Seyferts. And... promise him you'll deal with her. Make a show of taking something away from her. Or... hope his wrath is spent before he has time to think of something horrid."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason didn't even think about it as he reached for her hand, feeling the warmth of them even through the gloves. He breathed a little easier.

"That... should not be so difficult... And in some ways, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little proud... Not that I would ever tell him that. Or her..."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed at that. Her fingers wrapped around his and she leaned in to put her head on his shoulder. "On the bright side, my love, you have something to distract father from being irritated with you should you need it: set your wife loose."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Father enjoys being irritated with me. I should hate to deprive him of that... Besides, he's likely to blame me for her being set loose anyway... And I'd rather he take out his anger on me than on her. At least I'm used to it."
Old 09-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It occurs to me that the easiest way you could deal with this is to let Parissa find out what actions will cost her. At least father's bound to only torture her so much- better to let her learn her limits with him than say a Merideen or Boabdil." She sighed. "Or Valencia."
Old 09-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason bit his bottom lip. "Perhaps... But perhaps it would be worse that way... I would normally agree with you, but... she is stronger of mind than of body... and father wouldn't have the care to stay his hand or hold back his strength... He would hurt her even if he didn't mean to..."
Old 09-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara lifted her head to look at her brother. "Jason... father's managed not to murder any of the rest of us on accident. Even our sister, and she was with child..." Ziamara's brows drew together and she reached up her hand to touch Jason's cheek.

"Love, is it really father you're worried about? You're shaking and shaken today. And angry... are you afraid you'll do something worse than has already happened?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason closed his eyes, convincing himself... But then he felt her hand, and he turned his head towards her.

"I am always worried about father..." Jason said in a whisper. "But... I suppose I'm always always worried about that, too."
Old 09-20-2015, 10:58 PM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, Jason..." She watched him lean into her hand and shifted until she was sitting across his lap and could kiss his other cheek before wrapping him in a gentle hug. "You're always so careful. Is it the... the visions again?"
Old 09-21-2015, 12:00 AM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason wrapped his arms around her and let his head fall forward. "I had a dream last night... And then again in the tower... Only I was awake and... I've never had a waking dream like that before..."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:08 AM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She held him as close as she could, and stroked her hand through his hair and down over his shoulders. "Tell me what you saw, my love. Speaking a dream lessens its power. Even the details. Don't let it keep its hold on you."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 AM   #28
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason let out a deep breath. And then one more. He still felt strange. Like he was going to be sick. "I saw... He was a corpse. Must have been dead for days... But it was me... And it wasn't the tower, it was the dungeons... And every nightmare I had for the first week I was there... And then every prayer I had since... I know what it is to fear death and hope for it at the same time... And that darkness... What he must have been feeling... I felt it all over again. I was back there... Only I was dead..."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:58 AM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She brushed a kiss to his cheek and held his head against her shoulder. "You aren't dead. You never were. You were just seeing the dead man's ghost, love. You can feel the pain his spirit was in- you know the same pain too well. You need to make sure justice is done for him, so he can rest and so can you. Jealous ghosts... you got the reprieve they didn't. So you must make sure you show them they were heard."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #30
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I never was...?" He meant to repeat it for reassurance, but it came out as a question. "Draven is helping those that we found alive... To think they may have suffered the same fate had the tower not been taken. But Seyfert gets to live... He gets to live and not even with his guilt. He feels what he's done is right..."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, ziamara fairchild