Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:56 AM   #31
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Parissa listened but she shook her head and settled back on his chest. "Aelvar magic can corrupt any man. Maybe Lord Seyfert thought there was something worth paying for in lives and blood. Just bury him, Jason. He's a revenant- a hungry ghost, still looking for the thing he needed. The real person's dead."

She closed her eyes. "We aren't even in the mountains yet, and the ghosts start coming to greet us."
Old 09-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #32
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason fell silent for a moment, listening to her words. Letting them sink in. There was a heaviness in his chest that he was familiar with, but for so long he had dared to hope he wouldn't have to feel it again. But here it was. And the more he fought against it, the heavier it became. He nodded slowly... and then realized that tears were forming in his eyes.

He held his breath. Maybe she wouldn't notice... He might have even turned away to hide them if he hadn't been on his side facing her... His arm still around her. He shifted his other hand and covered both of his eyes. Maybe if his hand concealed the tears, it didn't count as crying...
Old 09-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She didn't recognize what he was doing at first, until... well, she did. Jon sometimes cried, when he didn't do well enough on something. Tag cried, when he was drunk and recited a sad poem. The squires cried, when their knights yelled at them or their father didn't send money for a new hauberk...

"Jace...?" She whispered his name and put her hand up to touch his fingers where his hand hid his eyes. "It's all right. You can cry for him. You loved him and he's gone. You don't have to hide it."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #34
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He was hesitant... But then he listened. His eyes stayed closed even after he moved his hand, but the breath he finally took shook, and his chest heaved. He turned his hand to take hold of hers, and though his eyes were clenched, tears were beginning to build steadily at the corners until one finally broke free and ran slowly down the side of his face. And then another. And then some more.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa clenched her hand around Jason's. "Jase... I'm sorry. I'm sorry he's gone." Instead of hiding against him as she usually did, Parissa put her arm over his side and then her leg, trying to hug him with every part of her. "You're all right. It's just sadness."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #36
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason bowed his head against her shoulder, forehead moving towards the crux of her neck, and he slipped his other arm beneath her to embrace her fully. "It's... it's not just... sadness... I'm so angry with him... He was such a good man... It's not madness... He chose his faith... And he chose to let it change him..."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sometimes you can't help changing." She kissed his hair and hugged him once his arms were around her. "But anger's all right too. He's been terrible, even if he was mad. Especially terrible if he's not..." She pressed another kiss along his hairline.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #38
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I almost wish it was madness... Then I could at least... understand it in some part..." He sniffed and then let his shoulders relax a little, soothed by her words and the comfort she offered. Eventually, his eyes unclenched, though he kept them closed, and his brows stopped furrowing. The flow of tears ebbed and then stopped... But he didn't let her go... And he didn't lift his head.

"I think... maybe if I drink some strongwine tonight... maybe I won't have nightmares... But I'm not certain, Rissa... Perhaps I can stay with you until you fall asleep..."
Old 09-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Faith can be madness. At least Lord Adhemar says so."

She nuzzled his hair and breathed in deep, trying to remember the way it felt to be this close and not even trying to drag his clothes off... "I'd like that. But I'm not scared of dreams, Jase. I want to be with you. No matter what I say when I'm angry."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #40
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He is a very wise man," Jason said, nodding slowly.

"You're very brave, my dear... But I... I am very scared of them... Of what I do when I am in them..."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Why?" She asked it blithely, her voice light and careless. "It's just dreams, it's not like you mean it. People do lots of things they don't mean in life. I think I've dreamed of knocking Jon off a balcony at least a hundred times."
Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #42
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If it were only dreams..." he sighed, closing his eyes against the shame again. "I... I don't know how to explain it... But they are very real... Like I'm having to fight for my life again... And when I have these nightmares... I tend to toss and turn... A lot. Sometimes... violently... It's... been a while since it's happened... but I fear that my nightmares may return... Especially after today."
Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You know you toss and turn a lot anyway," Parissa pointed out with a laugh. "Sometimes. Other times you're so still i have to be sure you haven't turned to stone... and granted sometimes you lay on my hair. I still don't know how that doesn't wake you up..." She sprawled over his shoulder in a lazy, tired way and let her own eyes close. "Was battle that bad?" she asked after a momentary pause. "Is that why you're going to dream about it?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:04 PM   #44
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I... do?" Jason asked, his eyes opened with mild surprise. "It is never battle that brings about the dreams. It's the in between... What we found in that tower... What I endured in that dungeon... Remembering how I felt after the battle that took my brother... It is those things that haunt me..."
Old 09-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mmhm. And sometimes I'm half sure you've fallen asleep and decided I'm a pillow. Your legs are heavy." She gave an incongruous giggle, despite the dark subject he'd spoken of- or maybe because of it. "But you're not going to be a prisoner again. You're free." She kissed his shoulder. "Maybe the rest of that will fade, if we find you enough of a distraction? Would fighting help it?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #46
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I imagine you do seem an excellent pillow to me when I'm asleep. Indeed, even awake I can see the appeal," he grinned. "Fighting? Do you mean... like in a tournament?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #47
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or just fighting. I mean there's bound to be bandits somewhere. Just this time tell your father what you're doing instead of going off with your cousin?" Pari giggled. "Or don't. But there's always somebody to fight, isn't there?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #48
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It does seem that way..." Jason said, his hand moving up to her shoulder. "But... I think it may be that I'm tired of fighting... Which makes me a terrible knight, doesn't it?"
Old 09-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #49
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or a wise one." She looked up to smile at him before her eyes closed again. "You are terribly smart, so perhaps that's it." She paused. "Promise you'll come see me tonight? Or let me see you? I don't mind if you make me come back to my room after."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:01 AM   #50
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I promise I'll come to see you," he whispered, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "And I shall stay with you until you all asleep."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:06 AM   #51
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled again and threw her arm over his shoulder to give an enthusiastic hug. She scooted closer to press up against him. "I'm sorry, Jase. I didn't mean to make you worry, I swear it. I just... forget to think sometimes."
Old 09-21-2015, 12:54 AM   #52
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think I would worry even if you didn't mean to make it happen," he told her. "It's just something you do when you really care about somebody..." He kissed her cheek again. "Fear has that effect on everybody. Not just you. Zanara is family to you... But, you must remember... I am your husband. I am on your side. Nobody in that room was going to stand by and let her remain a prisoner in that tower."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #53
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She went still then pushed her unmarked cheek against his shoulder. "I forget about that, "she answered, almost in a whisper. "I... I know you're my husband but it doesn't feel real sometimes. I... I saw you all today and you were just... all of you were just standing there and you looked so shocked and I thought you were just going to be a Vellfyre and she was a Solvitreo and you'd just leave her there."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #54
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Even when we are naught but Vellfyres in your eyes, remember that she is a Solvitreo... And we would not leave her. Not unless we want war with her father... Which we do not. Things are a lot easier when we're not trying to kill one another..."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:16 AM   #55
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"But there's already whispers of... of no love lost in the south and rebels and... and all the Merideen refugees. I w-was worried..." She trailed off and sighed. "I know you're right, Jase. I know... I'll do better. I do trust you. I just d-don't act very w-well when I'm upset."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:38 AM   #56
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There's always whispers. Some carry truth... but few carry whole truths. The real truth is that the Reach needs Westridge and the Shores... And the Shores needs both... and so does Westridge... We all need one another, even if at any given time, that fact makes us angry." He rubbed her arm. "Few people do... But you don't have to worry... If nothing else stood true, remember that Lady Zanara is my friend as well... And I will do what I must to protect my friends."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:44 AM   #57
demoted to extra

My Mood:

That made her smile. "You do. It was one of the things I liked about you first." She pushed herself up til she was sitting and put her hand over her bad cheek. "Though I think you kissed me about the time I figured that part out so I might've just been confused."
Old 09-21-2015, 01:49 AM   #58
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He rolled a bit more onto his back when she sat up. And he smiled though his eyes followed her hand. Carefully he reached up to push it back, and with a gentle touch, his brushed the heated skin. "Does it hurt much?"
Old 09-21-2015, 02:08 AM   #59
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Only when I smile." She gave him a lop-sided one anyway and tried not to flinch away when he put his hand over the bruise. His hand was a little bigger than his father's... If it had been Jason, would she even have been able to keep her feet?

"A-are you sure you're not mad?"
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #60
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"What a pity... It is such a lovely smile." He leaned in a brushed a light kiss over her cheek.

"I'm upset, though that is directed at many things... But I am not angry. Of that I am sure."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, parissa harrowmont