Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #31
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

"That has a lovely ring to it," Tyana said relaxing slightly, or was that the wine. It was probably both. She chuckled as Lenore winked, "Well, we need to spread the crazy a little at a time, let them grow accustomed to our brand of crazy."

She nodded as she said solemnly, "Indeed...boring things." Her features set as if it was the saddest thing a person could be and she was here to help them change their dull ways whether they liked it or not.

"She is still rather young, I think she will need to also work on her penmanship and spelling. The letter she sent was sweet as honey, but the amount of errors found made me wonder how much she actually retained while fostering in Solarii," she whispered with a cringe. "Time, my dear coz and patience...her rough or rather young, sharp edges will eventually be polished into a lovely stone."

Laughter replaced the sputtering as Lenore attempted to dig deeper for a bit more interesting dirt. "Maybe..." she teased right back with just a word and not real confirmation as to what she was up to.

"I just avoid any sort of expectation with anyone and leave expectations to those that are comfortable and powerful making them," she said as she raised her wine cup in salute to no one before drinking once again.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #32
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

That was a terrifying thought. Their sort of crazy spreading like a disease through the court. She giggled into her wine glass and took another sip.

Lenore sighed, giving a small shrug, "Sometimes it appears that way but sometimes it's the best road." Nodding as she added it to her list of things to work on then smiled, "Goodness, I hope she doesn't become a polished stone... who wants to be married to a stone?" Her gaze flitted towards Jason and Parissa as she studied them for a moment then looked back to Tyana who laughed at her comment.

"Mmmmhm." Len murmured in an all to knowing manner. She'd been on the other side of Jason's charms too. "It's a sound way to be..." Lifting her own glass of wine again to her lips, "So tell me what is the latest with Zaza and Amina? Zaza has been rather busy lately and I've only seen Amina in passing."
Old 09-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #33
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hmm, you are right, polished gem maybe? Polished silver?" She added to the imagery knowing that Pari's path will be arduous and fraught with many obstacles while stuck right in the middle of everyone staring and judging her every action.

Thank goodness she decided to drop the topic of Jason with a change of a subject. "Zaza is up to something I would imagine. Although, she has not even told me of her latest scheme or who has caught her fancy. All in due time, I would imagine." With a shrug, not in the habit of sharing all of their affairs. Her features darkened regarding Amina and was tempted to tell all of what she and her twin heard the night before. "As for Amina, there is someone who wants to grow up far too fast by throwing herself at the wrong men." She took another drink knowing that she had no other proof about how many men she was sharing herself with in an attempt to prove herself to probably herself, but she also did not want to utter his name. "I would imagine Sanya and even your mother might have to put more eyes on Amina before she does something too stupid to recover from on her own."
Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #34
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Silver." Giving a decided nod of her head. "Polished silver is pliable, soft, bending under a strong hand." Which is exactly what most men in Lenore's experience wanted...

She might have let the topic of Jason drop but it was definitely not out of her mind just yet. Nodding her head about Zaza, "No one knows what Zaza is up too until Zaza is ready for you to know." Studying Tyana as she spoke of Amina she arched a brow, "Ah... but sometimes the wrong men can be so fun." She looked down at her wine, it was something she knew all to well herself. "But I agree, that particular man is like playing with fire..." He's bloody intoxicating! Lifting the wine to her lips, "She's not going to be happy until she has ruined herself, you know that..." Slanting a look to Tyana, "Let her... maybe it'll open her eyes and slap some sense into her silly little head."
Old 09-15-2015, 04:37 PM   #35
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A brow rose, but she kept quiet knowing that Tyana would need a clever hand to make her pliable, soft and bending. Most men did not have the patience let alone the energy to try.

"Plus she has great timing. Some how most of my schemes end up falling through or I get caught," She said with a pout. Of course most of her schemes were pranks to be admired for they ingenuity.

"That is exactly the plan. I have no intention of interfering her ruin."
Old 09-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #36
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The pouty look on Tyana's face caused a laugh from Lenore. "Oh Ty! Your planning is out of sync then with with world." Dark hair bounced as she shook her head, "Or your schemes are too outrageous." She sighed, reaching out she gently patted her cousin's forearm. "Practice makes perfect."

Arching her brow as Tyana declared that she had absolutely no intention of interfering in Amina's ruination. "I believe we all saw this coming...she's not become this way overnight and I am not sure she'll have a change of heart as quickly either."
Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #37
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her mouth opened as if she was to protest Lenore's accusation then closed her mouth and took on a more reflective expression then pouted once more, "Probably, but yes practice makes perfect.

"Sad that everyone sees it except her, but I would rather forego a tantrum and accusations that we are here to ruin her chance to grow up." She shrugged nonchalantly and sighed. "And what of you, coz? Any current interests now that you are free until you are pulled into another arrangement?"
Old 09-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #38
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Amina needs a spanking. I don't think she received enough of them. She acts like her life should be spent on a pedestal to be adored..." Lenore snorted and shook her head. "Her silliness will get her in trouble at this court. People are apt to overlook it back in Solarii but here she's an easy target. Heaven forbid we ruin her chance to 'grow up'. Give her a taste of this court."

"Me?" Lenore sighed, "No nothing worth mentioning...Not anything out of the usual lately for me."
Old 09-15-2015, 11:43 PM   #39
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think she has developed some sort of self conciousness or resentment towards me and Zaza. Probably pinning us as rivals despite being family. I will not waste my time on her silly games and insecurities. I am not saying I wouldn't help her if she is in need, but I would also probably say 'I told you so' as well so she would not easily forget.

"Nothing worth mentioning but still something?" It was her turn to pry a little. She nodded just then and replied, "probably also makes sense to avoid any mischief until the news of your divorce is deep in the past or some othere juicy gossip has overshadowed it. "
Old 09-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #40
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She is family despite her antics, I don't think for a minute any of us would wish her any harm though we might all prefer to deal out hard love instead of coddling her." Lenore's lips lifted on one corner slyly as she glanced at Tyana. "We all have bumps or bruises, Amina getting knocked off her pedestal won't hurt her any."

Shrugging, "There seems to always be something...but yes, nothing worth mentioning." At the mention at her divorce, her hands tightened slightly around the wine glass. "Yeah... something like that." It was evident her thoughts were somewhere else as she spoke but quickly returned as she glanced at Tyana and smiled sadly, "I am not so concerned about my reputation for myself but I do want my children away from Lord Sollis."
Old 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #41
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not if I leave large enough tacks at the bottom of that pedestal," Tyana muttered begrudgingly and then sighed, "When did I start sounding like the stick in the mud." Then shook her head as she whispered, "I am the designated indulgent one, not the cockblock!"

She frowned knowing that for most fostering in another house was commonplace. Maybe Edric would send his children to be fostered and they had a chance not to be raised by him. "And that is an even more depressing subject, but something can change, coz, and you just need to learn which battles to fight for and which ones to strategically retreat from. Of course, even if it is my advice, I am not so very good at it either." The cup was finished and she smiled at a servant close by making eye contact and ta-dah, more wine, then politely dismissed him as she looked back at her cousin.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #42
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"About the same time, I became boring and matronly?" Shooting her cousin a disgustingly dry look of her own. "I need to get my groove back. How long was I Lady Sollis? And so much of that time I was absolutely miserable. It shouldn't be this hard to be Lady Lenore Vellfyre again! Should it?" She sniffed indignantly.

She drained the rest of her glass as well, but set it back on the table and waved off that she didn't want any more. "It's not the battles I worry about fighting. It's that every time I turn around I realize how sorry I am for all the mistakes I've made. I am tired of feeling regret. I want to live in the moment again."
Old 09-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #43
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It takes some time, but I wonder if right before you achieve it the King will see that you are we'd one more. Do not bothering finding the Lenore's of the past. Just move forward and do the things that you can live with to make a new you," she said with a slight shrug.

"Excellent idea! What's stopping you?"
Old 09-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #44
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Turning her head, Lenore looked at Tyana as if she'd grown a second nose. Blinking for a moment then laughed, "When did you become so wise?" Looking back at the crowd, an amused smile on her lips as she pondered on what Tyana had said.

Rolling her eyes, "Everyone. With the divorce still fresh on everyone's minds I feel like they are all watching... waiting to see what I do next... who's going to be my next screw up..."
Old 09-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #45
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed at Lenore's reaction and replied with a cheeky grin, "Coz, I listen to what everyone says and retain most of it. However, I decide which advice I want to follow. It keeps every one either on their toes or entertained." Then shrugged, "Depends on who, but tell no one."
Old 09-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #46
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Len shot Tyana a strange look then looked away with a small sigh. There were always two sides to a story and it would appear her darling cousin had heard only the one fit for court. One moment she sounded wise and the next so naive. "Mmm..." Was all she said.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #47
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lord Solis seemed rather difficult to find...likable, I could understand why you might have felt alone." She whispered as she leaned close to Lenore and placed a hand upon her arm. "Do not let the gossip prevent you from finding who you are. They will always have something to say or they will burst into flames from the inside out. It is in their nature to do so." It was said solemnly as she took another drink. "It could always be worse...you could be replaced in the queen's retinue."
Old 09-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #48
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

An unreadable expression appeared on her face as she studied Tyana as she spoke. After a long moment of ruminating on what Tyana said she sighed. "Lord Sollis was not always so difficult..." She tried to smiled and patted her cousin's arm. "It's not what the gossip is saying that bothers me but rather what they aren't saying. That is neither here nor there though. I am still sorting it all out myself." Knowing Tyana didn't understand she patted her arm again, "The queen's retinue is not the worse place for me right now, Princess Alianor's is..."
Old 09-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #49
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She did not understand, but she has never been married nor has she bore any children. It would be difficult to understand.

There was a cringe, "it was a good thing that you were reassigned to Pari then. I heard she even blames your mother and she is now with Princess Ziamara's retinue."
Old 09-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #50
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There was a sad smile and she nodded her head, "Mmm... Princess Alianor is being unreasonable. She knows as much about Edric's oddities as I did yet she wants to coddle him close to her breast like he's a child instead of enforcing the fact he needed to grow up." Nodding her head, "Mhm, but I think my mother is actually better served with Princess Ziamara." Shifting in her chair a little, "Princess Ziamara needs my mother's strength right now I suspect."
Old 09-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #51
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He is her child and quite attached to him. The coddling did not help though," she murmured softly. At the comment regarding her aunt, Tyana nodded, "I do not doubt that, I just meant I knew them to be close...friends even."

She met Len's gaze, "How is she towards you?"
Old 09-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #52
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“There is attached and then there is what her highness is… it’s over the line. A man of almost forty should not still be hanging on to his mother’s hem.” She said pointedly, “Did you know he cried…. like… all the time?” Arching her brows at Tyana. “He burst into tears talking to Kalden...I only wish I’d seen the look on Kalden’s face at that moment.” She sighed realizing she’d let a bit of emotion slip into her speech regarding him.

“It has definitely strained their friendship, I am not sure if that will ever be repaired to what it once was... and in that I am truly sorry.” Her gaze dropped to the table and she toyed with her empty wine glass.

“Me?” Her gaze raised to Tyana’s again and she paused thinking about a way to answer that. “Detached. Cold. I hear no one is to mention my name around her unless necessary.” She sighed and shrugged, “She blames me… and I suppose there are a great many things I did that didn’t help my marriage to Lord Sollis but she’ll never acknowledge I don’t think that he was anything but innocent.”
Old 09-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #53
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She nodded solemnly agreeing with Lenore and then she winced as she mentioned that Edric was a crier. Then she giggled in an attempt to lighten the mood with a jest, "Well, it is Kalden. He seems to have that charm about him."

There was remorse and she could sense Lenore's melancholy, but it seemed like breaking the marriage apart would have eventually happened. Was she a conniver, or just a sort of good luck/bad luck situation? "I think your mother can handle herself and perhaps it will all eventually smooth over." She said in an attempt to sound reassuring even though inwardly, she doubted it and probably Lenore would as well.

"She will come around. Do not worry, coz. We both know she is resourceful if not just as formidable. Your mother is a Solvitreo and it is probably a good thing that she is cold and detached for often times our tempers probably rival that of the Vellfyre's. She is bidding her time, calming herself down and will eventually connect with you." Tyana sounded way more sure about herself and to think of more cutthroat things, being a Solvitreo/Vellfyre woman, she was still a worthy pawn to push across this game of Kings and Queens.

"Do you know what you want, Lenore?" She asked curiously trying to prevent her cousin from sulking and this becoming a pity party recalling her own bad mood from before.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #54
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I won’t tell him you said that…” Lenore giggled, shaking her head. “I am almost counting the days to see him again. I don’t see Kellan as much as I’d like either for that matter…” She sighed heavily and glanced around the room for her other brother wondering just where he was at.

Her eyes widened and she let out throaty chuckle, “Oh, I know my mother can handle herself… I’d put her up against an entire army of heathens and she’d come out unscathed and leading them around like a bunch of whipped puppy dogs.” Playing more with the wine glass steam, “It’s just she should have to deal with this. Edric and I made our own mistakes, my mother shouldn’t have to pay for them, but the world isn’t fair.”

Shaking her head, “No, I meant Alianor was cool and detached… my mother, granted can be rather cool and detached as well… she’s not in a snit, I don’t think. Disappointed maybe? But I don’t believe she is angry with me. Princess Alianor is in a royal snit.” Staring off into the crowd for a moment before she was brought back to reality again by a peculiar question.

“Do I know what I want?” Lenore parroted quietly then turned to look at Tyana. “Absolutely not. I know things I would like to happen but mmm… wanting them just makes them seem so much more… solidified? Like I am setting myself up for failure if I don’t make it happen?”
Old 09-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #55
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was nice to be able to cheer Len up and she tilted her head, "Do you suppose he will be thrilled to be back?" She liked Kellan who seemed to only wish to drink himself into a constant stupor most days. There was always a wall that he hid behind to avoid thinking about something that haunts him, but it was all speculation on her part.

She giggled, "I can completely see that as the truth." She nodded understanding how it is difficult when your actions ended up affecting your family even when at the time there was no way to know how the cards might fall. To see what everyone's fate was before it occurred, it was a rather daunting ability to have.

She fell silent listening to Len knowing all of it to be true.

"I do not know about that. I usually do things that come to me in the form of inspiration, or just curiosity. Whatever the reason that comes of it whether it is positive or negative is something more than nothing." She frowned with a pensive expression, "And what is it you want to see happen that you are worried to even try lest you fail at it?"
Old 09-20-2015, 01:05 AM   #56
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Is Kalden every truly thrilled?” Len’s lips quirked as she thought about her vinegary eldest brother. Both of her brothers had come home from the wars different men then they’d been when they’d left but everyone was different then they’d been before the wars. Even she was different. Dropping her gaze to her hands, she sighed. “Honestly I don’t know…” She shrugged, “It might be better for him being away and not knowing the happenings with the family.” Slanting a glance at Tyana, “It’d be less worrisome that is for sure.”

Tipping the empty wine glass towards her as she listened to Tyana, her lips pulling up on one side in a coarse smile. Nothing was every that simple for her, now whether it was that what inspired her or drew her interest was what was the worst thing for her… she couldn’t shake the line of bad decisions that intertwined with her life. Looking sideways at Tyana, “I do. I know that curiosity has bitten me once too many times for me to want to play with it any more, and inspiration…” Her smile widened, “That’s almost just as dangerous.”

She closed off at the question of what it was that she wanted, the wine glass righted itself and she stopped fidgeting. Her breathing slowed and she didn’t dare glance at her cousin. After a moment, she shook her head, “There’s too many things to name, Ty.” She sounded drained. Looking over at the servant she waved her hand and pointed at her glass. “I am so sick of wine.” She muttered as the servant poured the wine as he left she looked at Tyana again, “I’d show someone what was under my small clothes for some good brandy.”
Old 09-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #57
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Thrilled at making people cry," Tyana whispered with amusement. "Well, he would know all soon enough and I think he loves his family very much and just overly protective, perhaps not entirely know how to so it? Our men over there fighting a war, give them a conflict and a sword to deal with the conflict any day, but a woman's tears? Their frustrations? I think they would like it better to deflect and burying it until it has festered for too long. It was just unfortunate he did it in such a public place amongst an audience." Then she sighed, "I would imagine the gossip sharks ate it up like a bloody carcass."

She could not disagree with that and nodded solemnly, but Tyana would never willingly change her ways.

Laughter escaped at Lenore's comment and she shook her head, "Well, I cannot help with brandy, but if you want a bit of snow wine...it can be arranged and you do not need to show off your small clothes," She offered with a warm smile.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #58
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore just smiled at Tyana despite not entirely believe that even making people cry thrilled Kalden. With a sigh she nodded her head, “Yes, I suppose so but at least there he’s not wrapped up in the day to day drama that seems to surround us. He’ll eventually find everything out and when he does I am sure he’ll be furious and rant and rave like a lunatic but for now he’s not privy to everything.”

Darting a look at Tyana, “Kalden’s frustrations didn’t stem from what he’d faced in the war but rather a family disagreement.” She held her cousin’s gaze, “It was unfortunate that he did so among an audience but there always seems to be an audience around. You can’t do anything anymore without someone catching you.”

She smiled, “Well that is good because snow wine ranks lower than brandy on my preference… I wouldn’t show you my small clothes for a glass of snow wine.” Lenore teased indignantly with wrinkling of her nose. “The best you’d get is maybe a peek at my ankles…”
Old 09-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #59
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Something to look forward to. She kept the thought to herself as she took a sip from her wine cup.

"I think there are still plenty to do without being caught in the middle of an audience." Knowing that there was always actions that people managed to escape unscathed depending on how good the lie was.

She chuckled and placed her hands in front of her. "That is unkind. It tastes wonderful." Then she smirked and wiggled her brows as she said teasingly, "the pleasure that can be invoked from a lovely pair of ankles." Just before shivering at a memory and taking another drink.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #60
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“There is always plenty to do without being caught in the middle of an audience…” Lenore snickered, rolling her large doe eyes to Tyana. “It’s of being able to accomplish it without the audience that is becoming more difficult.”

Lifting her wine to her lips to hide her smirking. “I don’t want to drink something wonderful… I want to feel the slow burn as it goes down into my stomach.” She sipped the wine, “A girl has to find something to keep her warm around a place like this at night.” Sliding another teasing glance to her cousin with a sly wink.

“Ah, the havoc a pair of well sculpted ankles can create....” Lenore counted cheekily.
Closed Thread

Tags
lenore vellfyre, tyana solvitreo