Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 3.23.331 | Hope Is a thing With Feathers | Lucia, Jayme [ask to join]

Lucia was hesitant to see him. Not because she was hesitant about him, but because she wasn't... and that was what was causing the hesitation. But she really did want to see him. If for no other reason than because he was one of the few people she truly felt safe around, and right now... she craved that feeling. So she sought him now... First checked Jason's apartments and then the training yard where she was certain the tall figure at the far end might have been him. So she waited... If he was training she didn't want to disturb him. In fact, she decided to try to take solace in the time she had, finding a seat in a shaded place and losing herself in her thoughts.

It was a while before she saw him, and she hurried to her feet to get his attention before he walked on by. "Lord Jayme," she called, slowing as she neared, her cheeks already turning a healthy shade of pink and her smile turning just a little shy. "Good morning. I... I..." Should she tell him she was waiting for him? Would that make her seem... silly? She wasn't sure.

"I was hoping to catch you. It's just that it's been a while since we spoke that last time in Vellesca and... I thought maybe you and I could go for a walk together?"
Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

He raised his brows, but smiled nonetheless. "You are positive my looks and smell will not offend?" Jayme had, indeed, been training...he wished to be quick on his reflexes for the tourney, after all. "If not, I should be pleased to take you up on your invitation, my lady."
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shook her head. "Not at all, my lord," she said, holding her hand out for his arm. "I spend much of my free time in Vellesca in the magister's tower. It'll take more than sweat and dirt to turn my stomach."
Old 08-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Thank the gods for small miracles then." He offered her his arm. "You look much better than when I saw you last. I trust you feel better as well?"
Old 08-30-2015, 01:27 AM   #5
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her smile grew, and her fingers curled around his arm, fingertips pressing lightly against the cloth of his sleeve. "All healed, I suppose..." she said unconvincingly. "In some ways. In others... it is still a process... And you? Are you well?"
Old 08-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am." He was conscious of her hand on his arm, and of his stride; thus, he kept the walk at a somewhat leisurely place. "Though I find this city has a somewhat...unsettling air. I don't know if it is just me, or if others might feel this. But...yes."
Old 08-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It isn't just you," she said, her fingers tightening without realizing it. She was not one who considered herself to be clingy, so it didn't occur to her that clinging is exactly what she was doing. "I... will be happy to put Delving to our backs... I... I don't feel safe here," she said, her voice as soft as a breath.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #8
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Why not?" His voice dropped to where only she could hear. "Has anyone threatened you? If so..." Jayme slowed his pace even more. He wanted to know...he felt protective of her. Strangely so.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shook her head. "No... Not specifically," she whispered. "But I have spoken to those who have made me all too aware of the tower..." She was about so say more, but then her voice caught. If so? She looked up at him with an unspoken question in her eyes. "I... don't feel safe in Delving... But... but I knew I would feel safe with you. And... and I wasn't wrong."
Old 08-31-2015, 11:51 PM   #10
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That eyesore needs to be torn down." Jayme saw the worry in her eyes, and he wanted nothing more than to alleviate those worries. "I'm glad you feel safe with me, Lucia. You have nothing to be afraid of from this insipid town, as long as I am near."
Old 09-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #11
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She let out a deep breath. "Then perhaps you ought to be near more often," she said with a shy grin. "Has... somebody already offered you their favor?"
Old 09-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #12
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It might be questionable if I was constantly near you, dear lady," he chuckled. "And no...no favors offered. I was actually going to ask you which lucky man had the honor of wearing yours."
Old 09-01-2015, 12:31 AM   #13
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Who would question it?" Lucia wondered out loud. "Which lucky man? Hopefully you are that lucky man, my lord. Would you wear my favor?"
Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #14
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Everyone," he finally laughed, and let his lips form into a large grin. "And you would have me wear your favors? Then I would be quite honored, my lady."
Old 09-01-2015, 12:40 AM   #15
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't think so, my lord. You're the only person who sees me," she told him, though she smiled up at him as she said it. "Oh good. I was afraid some fortunate woman had beaten me to asking you. I had already steeled myself for disappointment and everything."
Old 09-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We can't have you being disappointed, now can we? Now, my lady...are these favors to be given to me now," he said, quite conscious of his teasing tone. "...or are they to be given to me at a later date?"
Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #17
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There'd be tears and everything... and I've been told I'm quite a sight when those appear," she grinned. "I've never given a favor before. Not seriously..." she confessed. "I've just the thing... but I do not have it with me. If you'd like it now, my lord, we can pass by the apartments so I can get it... Lest you may have to suffer accepting it in front of an audience," she chuckled.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #18
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Tears, eh? We cannot have that. In regards to your favor...I would not mind accepting it in front of an audience...though privately might be just the thing. Secrets and such are all the more fun." Jayme nodded. "I shall let you steer us in that direction, my lady."
Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No... I think if you should ever make me cry, the least you could do would be to kiss my tears better," she said softly. "So... you are competing in the jousts? Or the melee? Or is it both? Gods, is this how it feels? To be anxious about somebody competing? You'll promise to be careful?"
Old 09-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #20
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The jousts. And dear lady, don't fret. I have not yet died while competing in any kind of tourney. But I promise, on my honor, to be careful...perhaps your favor will bring me some luck." Jayme assured her. "We can only hope..."
Old 09-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #21
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I can't imagine how it couldn't... I think I've already used all the bad luck associated with me this year. Though, if you get hurt now, I don't know that I wouldn't feel at least slightly responsible. So... another reason to be extra careful. Unless your plan all along is to get me to keep you company at your bedside."
Old 09-03-2015, 01:07 AM   #22
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That was my plan," he said, and gave a playful gasp. "How did you know? I should take care not to reveal too much of my plans around you, lest you find out all my secrets."
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia laughed, and with some surprise realized that the smiling was actually making her cheeks feel sore. Had she really not smiled so much of late? "That's right, my lord. Make me work for it," she teased. "I'll have to take the same care... Because I have a terrible feeling I'd let you know everything if you just asked."
Old 09-03-2015, 11:02 PM   #24
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am pleased to know that I am someone who has your trust. It is not misplaced or misguided." At this, he sounded a bit more serious. "I shall never betray your secrets, if you ever choose to give them to me."
Old 09-05-2015, 01:57 AM   #25
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia felt a surge of something deep inside of her, and before she knew it, she'd stopped walking and turned to face him fully. Her fingers tightened around his arm again and she got onto her toes, her lips pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. "Thank you," she whispered. "I hope you know that I'd never do that either... Anything said between us is ours and nobody else's. You have my promise."
Old 09-05-2015, 02:23 AM   #26
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He wanted to return the kiss in kind and in perhaps a less platonic manner, but he managed to refrain. But it was hard. Gods..."Of course." Jayme put his hand under her chin so she would keep his gaze. "There is nothing devious or dishonest about you...you do not have it in you to be as such."
Old 09-05-2015, 02:49 AM   #27
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her hands came up to rest against his chest, and she felt tears beginning to line the rim of her eyes, blurring her sight just a little. She sucked in a sharp breath and then shook her head. "It's not fair..." she said softly. "Damn it... Why do you have to be so... so lovely? Fuck..."
Old 09-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #28
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Tears?" Her wiped at her cheeks with the pad of his thumb. "Come now, none of those, my lady. And why do I have to be so lovely? I was just about to ask you the same question. In regards to me, of course," he teased, to try and make her smile. "But also in regards to you."
Old 09-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #29
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She did smile, but it was a mixture of happiness and sorrow. "I wish I wasn't a Vellfyre..." she whispered as though it were some dark secret. "I wish I was somebody who could have you... I wish I could imagine a future with you and it not be just wishful thinking... The fancy of a stupid girl who doesn't know any better..."
Old 09-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #30
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You don't know how much I wish to take you...in marriage, as well as in truth," he admitted. "Though the reality of things tends to remind our hearts that our hearts are silly creatures sometimes, hmm?" He kissed her lips, the kiss being chaste, soft. "The heart wants what it wants, my lady. You can't call it stupid for having its desires."
Closed Thread

Tags
jayme ascalon, lucia vellfyre