Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
(Lady) Salindra Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default 1.9.31 This is too Funny (After This Just Sucks, Salindra, open)

She waited until she was far enough away from the gardens and from her cousin, before stopping to sit near a window and cover the titters coming out of her mouth. Oh gods, her cousin was too funny. Too droll. Her uncle lost all his good sense if he thought her cousin, the jealous little brat, would make a decent queen. Perhaps she was too quick to praise her cousin to the king all those months ago?

The green of envy wasn't a good color for Parissa to wear...if she was jealous of an ugly thought or rumor, imagine how jealous she'd be if Jason took a mistress? More titters came out of her mouth before she wiped at her eyes, and sighed. Though Salindra would keep her word...she wasn't going to arrange or hint for introductions to the prince, and nor would she find her way into his bed. She'd do as her cousin asked, and flirt with the bastard lord and attempt to gain his confidence...he was pretty enough.

But she wasn't going to seek him out immediately; it wouldn't do to burst into his chambers and ask to be introduced. Best to wait, to plan it out. True, most of her encounters were the result of random chance, but she was nothing if not methodical.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain was sick of the damned training yard and had the stripes of mud and blood down his tunic to prove it. He made it back to one of the quieter hallways and dropped down on the ground with a muffled groan, his hand wrapping around his left side where a particularly rough blow was still nagging every time he moved. Fuck. He should have called one of the boys out... oh well. He'd live.

The sound of someone giggling... or weeping? Shit. What was that noise? He slowly hauled himself up and walked carefully around the corner to order whoever it was to shut up, but the person before him was a surprise.

"And here I thought it was some hysterical maidservant making that racket. Lady Salindra, isn't it?"
Old 04-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She started a bit at the sound, and saw it was the Vellfyre...the pretty yet grumpy one...not Lord Kalden. Lord Kain. Yes, that was it. The two that got into a tussle at last month's celebrations. "Yes, indeed, my lord." Salindra stood. "I apologize if I disturbed you...a random, silly thought amused me, is all..." She curtsied, and noted the blood and mud staining his shirt. "...and my amusement got the better of me."
Old 04-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"What was the thought? Perhaps I'll pardon you more easily if it's funny enough," he said with a half-smile. "Laughter is rare and dear to come by these days."
Old 04-26-2015, 02:31 AM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It would not do to tell him what she was really laughing about...after all, it would be rather rude to speak ill of her cousin to someone she barely knew. "Indeed, though it is understandable why laughter is so absent...I was thinking of when I came to court and was forever getting lost...and about lost my footing...I nearly stumbled down a stairwell." Salindra gave him an apologetic smile. "Not the most funniest of thoughts, I'm afraid, so I understand if I'm not given pardon."
Old 04-26-2015, 03:32 AM   #6
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not an uncommon problem," Kain said with a shrug. "Most of the courtiers spend the first few trips to Vellesca lost, or the first year they live here." He put a hand on the hilt of his sword in a lazy habit as he watched the girl in front of him. "Are you still in the grips of misdirection, my lady?"
Old 04-26-2015, 03:53 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shook her head. "If you speak of this moment, no. If you speak of other moments, only sometimes. So if you wish to play the chivalrous lord and knight, there's no need," Salindra teased.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #8
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I never wish for that: we have a surplus of chivalrous knights in the 'reach. I'm the balance of them." Kain smirked. "I confess to finding a little confusion rather amusing in a girl. So tell me, Lady Salindra, are you often to be rescued from falling down stairwells, or should I just content myself with rescuing you from the worse among Ziamara's pet poets?"
Old 04-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I must give the impression that I need rescuing," she laughed. "If you so happen to be near a stairwell when I'm falling down...by all means, rescue me. And poetry...urgh." Salindra sighed. "Even the best amongst the poets make me feel a bit ill at times. Rescue me from all poets, my lord, and that would put me forever in your debt."
Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #10
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He laughed again, his smile wide as he met her eyes. "Beautiful and of sound mind regarding our beloved makers of verse." Kain inclined his head. "It would be an honor to rescue you from aught you deemed dangerous, Lady."
Old 04-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's just a shame you cannot rescue me now." Salindra gave a bit of an exaggerated sigh, and let her smile widen as well to match his. "There are no poets around and your tunic is covered in mud. Not that I wouldn't mind the rescue...it would be welcome, but it would be a rather dirty one."
Old 04-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #12
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His brow rose. "What am I to be rescuing you from, my lady? A soiled tunic?"
Old 04-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed. "Perhaps...but then again I admit what I've said is rather nonsensical." Salindra sighed. "This is one of those moments where I don't want to think...I'd prefer to just drink wine, and a rather large amount of it."
Old 04-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #14
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, well, if it's sobriety you're wanting out of, that I can assist with." He offered her his arm. "Care to walk with me? I'll only need to stop by my rooms to find a new tunic and a considerable amount of wine."
Old 04-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not in the least my lord," she said, and took the arm he offered. "But imagine the scandal we'll cause just from a simple walk." Salindra rolled her eyes. "That is the one thing which annoys me so about court...people's tongues have nothing better to do than wag."
Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #16
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's only because you are newly come, my lady." He gave a slight smile as they walked. "Once they see you have no reaction to their gossiping they'll grow bored and find a new target to attack."
Old 05-04-2015, 05:45 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She glanced sideways at him and was assured by his smile. "Thank you, my lord, though it seems like gossips speak on those who have lived at court the entirety of their lives as well. How do you all stand it? There are some times it seems like it will drive me mad..."
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #18
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't listen to it," he admitted with a shrug. "Never have, really- unless it's something shaming one of my cousins. Then I find someone saying it and beat them til their teeth fall out. That silences some of it."
Old 05-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, I can imagine," she laughed. "It would be quite hard to talk without teeth. I can't punch...but I can kick."
Old 05-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #20
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So kick them. Aim for the stomach and they'll be too busy choking to whisper anything more." Kain smirked. "Or just kick them down the stairs. I hear that's a popular game with Asseryan courtiers."
Old 05-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A sound plan. Though considering my sometimes lack of coordination, who is to say I won't go tumbling down the stairs with them? I'll stick to kicking people away from flights of stairs. Perhaps I'll kick them out a window instead."
Closed Thread

Tags
kain vellfyre, salindra harrowmont