Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Default 1.18 afternoon (during the executions) ~ fetch, carry, wait : Zanara, Worthing (open)

Zanara had watched Parissa rise and take a couple of the maids and guards off with Lady Elinor- who looked faint. Reach girls.

Zanara leaned on her elbow as she sat in her carved wood seat and tried to follow the method of the executioners' cutting but she suspected they were not going fast enough: at this rate, they'd be making eagles tomorrow.

However, the spectacle of the nobleman of House Vayth was coming up soon and that would at least provide a change of entertainment. For the moment she rose and headed down from the risers by another path than the one Pari had chosen. She glimpsed Parissa and Elinor across the way as she stepped down from the stairs but turned to head into the building the risers were set in front of: some merchant's manse, who had no doubt got high hopes of some bribe or honor for the king using his villa's front- and the hall was open to the courtiers and royals. He was probably going to regret that bargain.

The merchant had some decent taste in Asseryan decor at least: it was new Asseryan statues, which lacked the finesse of the ancient masters and new Asseryan painted murals which lacked basically any of the fine features and odd mix of realistic and stylization of the old empire's works. But it was pretty.

Zanara passed through the entryway and a servant appeared to ask if she required anything. "Spiced wine. The chill is creeping in." The man bowed and went off to do as she had bid, so Zanara turned back to examine the mural and let her hand trace along the line of an ancient empress's tunica.

Footsteps made her turn, expecting the servant, but instead it was a familiar face. Zanara smiled. "Has the Princess sent her new champion to fetch her wine and comfits?"
Old 04-12-2015, 12:17 AM   #2
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Lady Zanara." Worthing offered her a bow, one hand holding a goblet of some fragrant wine variety. He grinned. "Did my duties begin today? Someone obviously forgot to inform me." He shrugged. "I'm easy to find if needed." He gestured a hand. "Do I get any congratulations for my well earned post?" There was comical mocking in his tone. Worthing was under no illusions, he knew his appointment was a smart move on the political playing board. He regarded the mural with one raised brow, before looking back to Zanara. "Can I get you something? My manners are bad, but I'm still thoughtful."
Old 04-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #3
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A thoughtful Wolfe? May wonders never cease," Zanara said with a laugh. "The servant's fetching me wine already, my lord. I'll toast you when I have a cup to do so... though I will offer my condolences more readily. Princess Alianor is a joy and a treasure but I have yet to mourn my change from her retinue." She smiled. "I am fond enough of you, Ser Worthing, I will wish you more joy of it than I had."
Old 04-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing's grin deepened at the sound of the lady's laughter. "It's not fair, is it? You are released from your charge, as I take mine. We could have had fun." He took a sip from his goblet. "Tell me, which retinue is lucky enough to host one of my oldest and dearest friends in court? Unless it is a ledger of sums, I don't pay heed to changes in the domestic." The 'oldest and dearest' was partly a joke. Having come to court before the onslaught of returns, it was natural they had found time to talk and try at archery.

"In the name of fondness what advice can you offer for treading behind the skirts of Her Highness?" He asked, shifting his stance casually, eyeing Zanara with interest. He wanted to know what he was getting into.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Learn to pay attention to 'changes of the domestic' for one, my lord, ere you have a most inconvenient and public lesson on why you should have been all along," Zanara said with a wry smile. "I serve my cousin, Princess Parissa. A merry company we're likely to be, I think... and a lively one. She wishes to keep court at Summerhall, and so I expect it will be much music and merry-making to accompany the newly refilled royal nurseries."

Her head tilted and her smile widened. "But you are charming enough, I am sure you can keep Alianor's tempers at bay. Have you made acquaintances of her new ladies as yet?"
Old 04-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #6
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ahh..there we have it." Worthing chuckled. "Point taken." He saw the wry look, and was happy to yield to her wit. The talk of Summerhall drew stark contrast to the days spent isolated in the palace. "I'm glad for you, Lady Zanara. Perhaps, I'll chance upon your merry band when allowed to wander the halls." He could think of worse company to keep.

"I have to be charming, every flawed man deserves one saving grace." Worthing jested with a good measure of honesty. "Some." He admitted. "I've met Lady Leah of course." His expression gave nothing away. "I know of the Fairwind girl, Alys' sister... The quiet one." Worthing offered a casual glance toward a group of nobles admiring the artwork. He looked back to Zanara. "I'll get along."
Old 04-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #7
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Once Princess Ziamara recovers, it will go easier," Zanara assured him. "She's usually a source of diversion..." She paused. "Or if she recovers, I suppose. Her illness was bad and the injuries worse... For all of Alianor's household, I hope she returns to service quickly. Relying on Lady Saherazai for cheer is rather a chancey thing. Ziamara's players are one thing I dearly miss in all this gray misery," she admitted as her smile faded.

She was distracted and turned as the servant brought her wine. She smiled again as she took it and drank. "Ah, wine. Always helps with sad thoughts, doesn't it?"
Old 04-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

When Zanara's smile faded, it was like a cloud drifting across a noonday sun. The melancholy that lurked behind Worthing's grin and laughter showed itself on his face. It hadn't always been there. An acquired souvenir from the battlefields of war. "The Vellfyres have taken some blows." He looked to the contents if his goblet. "I miss Whitney. There were few women finer than my father's sister." The admittance came easily. "I owe her a good deal...Bryce too." Worthing took a drink.

He lifted his gaze back up to the lady, nodding to her comment. "At least we've one reliable aid." He lifted his goblet and touched Zanara's lightly.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #9
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Prince Bryce is well, at least. And His Grace... though the Crown Prince's illness is making us all nervous, I think." She smiled again as Worthing's cup touched hers. "Have you spoken with Lord Warrick lately? I haven't had a chance to catch him. He's not only lost Princess Whitney but his rumored lady-love as well now."
Old 04-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #10
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No...but I should pay him call." Worthing confessed. "Pity that. The lady in question to my knowledge was more fact than rumor. Then again, I'm not the first that gets told things merited of telling." Worthing clicked his tongue. "Damned if I know why." He took another drink. Eyeing Zanara, he added in a quieter tone. "Honestly, since the riots I'm trying to stay out of everyone's path." He gave her a knowing look. "Judge me for it, but I wasn't ill and didn't ride." Worthing gave a slight chuckle. "Between that and the Sunspire dirt in my teeth from the tourney, I feel a lesson in humility is on the way."
Old 04-13-2015, 11:50 PM   #11
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled sympathetically and reached out to touch his arm in reassurance. "You were ill enough, and anyway... you aren't the only one who didn't ride. Someone had to be in the castle to protect those of us who remained if the riots had turned on the palace."

Zanara studied his face for a moment. "When you see Lord Warrick, give him my condolences. I think he was fond of Bryce's daughter too - the one who died? He and his brother served the prince and the king as squires in their youth."
Old 04-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #12
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing looked down at the lady's reassuring touch on his arm. Zanara's smile was beyond pleasant. It parted the clouds a bit. Still, with the state he had been in, what use would his defense have served? Worthing took another drink.

It seemed ironic, Warrick was still serving, even if his position had changed with time. "I will at that. But I doubt it will be the same coming from me." Worthing returned her gaze, noting the color of her eyes with clarity. "Leandra was a gentle thing. Sad." He shook his head. "Her death might cause headaches beyond grief, where House Seyfert is concerned." He mused thoughtfully. A new thought occurring, he asked, "Maybe you can help, me. I've been seeking a gift for Emily... she's sick, what does a girl of that age like?"
Old 04-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #13
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zanara's gaze flicked downward as she took a drink and stepped back from him just slightly- enough to be proper. "How old is Emily now? She served Whitney and our paths crossed too seldom for real conversation." Zanara toyed with the end of her veil, lowered as it was since she'd stepped indoors. "As for the Seyferts- if their lord has a sounder head than his traitor sister, he'll keep quiet and do whatever the king asks for a while. They've got Elonians on one side and a raging Gawen Vayth on the other: not a time to be troublesome."
Old 04-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #14
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing noted Zanara step back. Reminded of personal boundaries, he stopped staring at her. His gaze drifted to the fingering of her veil. "Unn... let's see." His bookkeeper's mind hurriedly summed the years, replying without much pause. "...ten-and-six...ten-and-seven.." Worthing was forced to chuckle. "I better amend that question. What do women of that age like?" Try as he might, it was hard to think of Warrick and William's daughters as anything but children.

He looked at her again when she spoke. "Spoken like a Solvitreo who knows her way through the miasmas of politics." He lifted his goblet to her in a praising fashion. He took a drink, finding his wine near gone. "So... you obviously got the brains, the beauty and wit... what does that leave your twin with, Lady Zanara?" He teased.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #15
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hm. Buy her some fabric or a pretty necklace? Every courtier girl needs something new to show off to the rest of her retinue. I'm always ecstatic when grandmary finds us some new pattern no one else has yet."

"The sparkle of the sun's daughter," she said with a smile. "And a fiendish skill with cards?" Zanara laughed and glanced at his cup. "I am behind, it seems. Would you mind summoning your servant to pour you another? I'm not ready to face the crowds and I'd rather not be alone when I go," she said with a softer voice.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:27 AM   #16
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing regarded Zanara's suggestions. "Hmm..might do." He nodded his thanks, and finished the rest of his wine. Gifting kinswomen was harder than showering those unrelated... He actually cared what he put in the hands of family.

"Cards, really? I like to win, so I won't be playing her." Worthing jested concerning Tyana. Zanara's next words stole his attention. "You should know, I never have less than three glasses...and leaving a lady to her own company puts any man in grave conflict of sanity." He grinned. "Besides you won't be rid of me that easy." He waved over a servant. Indicated he wanted a refill. He turned back to Zanara, slightly serious, "It wasn't a very good show, was it?" Unspoken but obviously meaning the executions.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #17
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not that easily, but how easily, I wonder?" She grinned but his questioned made her sober and she sighed. "I do wish there had been a few more lions, true, but I suppose 'Reachmen are easier to impress than Solarii's populace?" Zanara shrugged. "I still have not managed to understand you northmen, my lord. Why all this tedious blood with not a speck of showmanship to go with it?"
Old 04-21-2015, 12:51 AM   #18
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If things get that far, I'll let you know." He said, returning her grin for good measure. He almost regretted mentioning the executions when he saw Zanara's expression turn somber. "I've wondered the same myself." He shook his head, with a half frown. "There are only so many ways you can cut, and only so many pitches of screams...it gets tiresome." He regarded his empty goblet. "I chanced to be in the Shores once...I saw one of your grand spectacles. It struck me as more civilized. Wrong doing is a beast of itself...so.." He made vague gesture. "... there is a certain wry justice if actual beasts are used."

He cleared his throat. Time for a new topic. "When the gates open, any plans?"
Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #19
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You should come south again, sometime," Zanara said with a brighter smile. "My little sister is sweet-talking our lord father into letting her have a naval battle with sharks. Some vicious, leaping breed from some half-known sea in the north of Zaksebar. I am hoping to go back but... I suppose if the king holds to his plans for a spring progress I might get to visit. I confess, I've half given up thinking of anything beyond the next day." Zanara gave Worthing a sad look. "Having most of the care of Pari's household has been wretched exhausting. I think I may now never wish to wed if only to avoid the dreary chore of minding so many people all the time."
Old 04-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #20
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'd like nothing better." Worthing liked the atmosphere of The Southshores. He grinned at the mention of sharks and naval battles. Sure beat the scream, cut and guts fest going on in their midst. "It must be hard, being away for so long..." He mused. "I don't yet know where I'll be for the progress." He wasn't sure if Alianor was going to keep house or put on traveling boots. Asking didn't seem very polite at this stage, so he would hang low until orders were rendered. "Sometimes one day at a time is all we can handle." His tone was slightly more serious. Worthing noted the sadness, once again clouds gathering to cover the sun of Zanara's smile. "Well, some lucky nobleman is missing out if you remain unwed too long." He made a lopsided expression. "But, I don't blame you. Confinement of household affairs and marriage... that isn't something I'd wish upon any merry damsel."

The servant returned with wine, and Worthing took up his goblet again. "I believe, we were suppose to share a toast?"
Old 04-24-2015, 12:31 AM   #21
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The princess will probably be going," Zanara explained. "She always has gone- and before I came to Pari's chambers there were whispers that the queen won't be going this time... and with Princess Ziamara sick, and Princess Valencia great with child ere the departure... I think she must be going."

She laughed at his flattery. "Some poor nobleman is like to escape a premature death of scratches, you mean? I am certain I would be a poor sort of bride- richly dowered and yet so devoid of any better quality." She lifted her cup a little. "So what shall we drink to? The health of the sharks for this spring?"
Old 04-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #22
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing regarded the queen missing the progress with a slight curious brow. He didn't comment on it though. "Ahh. Well, I suppose my place will be at her back then." He remarked. "That's an original toast..." He laughed. "To the health of sharks." He echoed her words, tipping his goblet to her wine, then took a long drink.

"I don't buy into that. All ladies have qualities... Just takes the right man to see it. Or horse...horses are a good judge of people you know." He grinned showing half teasing. Then he gazed at the hanging artwork. "What do you think of these? I can't decide if I like this style of art or hate it..." He offered a critical glance.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #23
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not so original," she admitted after she drank. "It's my little sister's usual toast." A smile. "I miss her."

She turned her attention to the mural after a raised-brow-look at Worthing. "I wonder if I'll ever find that sort of man... or horse. I do have so much better luck with horses... and far better luck than this merchant has with painters." She shook her head. "I cannot say it isn't pretty but I don't think I like it all the same. Must be how men feel when they look at her grace..."
Old 04-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing chuckled over the origin of the toast. "I wouldn't have minded a few sisters. But all my mother ever got for her troubles was me." He did actually pity her in that. "Horses are good companions. They're often better at conversation than most courtiers, or so I've gathered."

Her last words caught him on a sip of wine. He half choked. "Warn me before you do that next time." He showed amusement. "Still a lot of toe stubbing in the anterooms." He indicated a thumb at the tapestry. "At least the artist behind this one had some imagination... Although his grasp on anatomy leaves something to be desired."
Old 04-28-2015, 03:27 AM   #25
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh no, I am sorry, my lord..." She made a show of reacting to his coughing fit by putting her hand on the middle of his back, which brought her in closer again. "Are you all right?" Her head turned as she looked at the paintings. "Hm, you know... he must have imagination. I wouldn't have imagined a satyr could do that in that position. Wouldn't the hooves prove a bit hard to grip with?"
Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fine." Worthing's eyes traveled to Zanara's arm, as her hand found his back. He focused on the art. "Obviously an artistic oversight. I like my satyrs with sharper horns. This one looks a bit too much a sod. Makes it ineffectual." He raised his goblet to his mouth and took a sip. "Besides, the way her head is tilted... " He chuckled. "She is going to have a very stiff neck."
Old 05-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #27
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps she's not intending to stay that way for long. If he's the sod you guess, it should be over without much lingering." Zanara's hand fell slowly from its place on Worthing's back, trailing lightly along his tunic before she moved away. "Though I've always thought sharper horns were too... threatening. Surely a satyr shouldn't be all threat and menace- there should be some temptation for a nymph to let herself be caught, otherwise it's all running and weeping."
Old 05-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #28
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing felt the trace of Zanara's hand as she drew it away. He lifted a hand a covered a light yawn. He turned his full attention to her words. "Well, that is assuming he's the one doing the chasing." He chuckled. With the hand not holding the goblet, Worthing counted up fingers. "There's nymphs, dryads, oreiades and those bewitching spirits that come from wells and unholy springs... forget what they're called?..." He shook his head. "The way I see it, the satyr needs his horns to fend them off."
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #29
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Naiads," she answered. "But satyrs always travel in packs--or is it herds?" Zanara laughed and turned away as she took a sip of her drink. "I don't see any of these pictures where the sprites are not at least putting up a token resistance. Not a satyr anywhere on the bottom..."
Old 05-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #30
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Naiads... that's the ones." Worthing snapped his fingers, with a grin of satisfaction. "They're not solitary?" He lifted a brow of either real or mock surprise, it was impossible to tell. He regarded the artwork once more. He chewed his bottom lip. "Hmm...." He gazed back at Zanara, her bright eyes ever clear. "Obviously, I'm playing with the artistic oversights." He shrugged. "As you said, the merchant needs to find a better painter." He took a drink of wine.
Closed Thread

Tags
worthing wolfe, zanara solvitreo