Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
(Lady) Salindra Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default 1.2.31: Walk a straight line (Afternoon, Salindra, open)

The fever she had eleven day's past broke about two days into her illness. The aches and rash finally subsided enough for her to at least sit up in bed, and today, she felt well enough to have her maid dress her and to get up and at least walk a bit around the halls, with the magister's warning that she wear a cloak...he didn't want to risk her catching any kind of chill and wind up in bed all over again.

Thus, this is how people would see her...slowly, slowly walking the halls, as if trying to regain the knowledge on how to walk, a cloak covering her dress, her skin pallid, but at least with a bit more color to it.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
(Prince) Jarem Aldarayth-Firuzahn
demoted to extra

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"Are you well, my lady?" Jarem asked an Edolene woman who had a sickly pallor about her. She seemed to be ailing but so many had fallen ill that it was difficult now to keep track of who was in bed, who was dying, or who had managed to cheat everyone’s expectations and recover. "As long as you do not die on my arm, I am willing to lend it out to a woman in need," he jested and extended his arm out for her to take, hoping to ease her walking.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

If she had been feeling up to snuff, she'd be excited to receive the attentions of a handsome foreign prince. As it was, she managed a small smile at his jest. "I shan't die...this is the first day I've been out of bed in eleven days, so I think my legs have forgotten how to work." Salindra took his arm. "I thank you very much for your assistance."
Old 03-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
demoted to extra

At least there was one Edolene woman that appreciated him. "Where are you headed, my lady?" he enquired, making certain to walk slowly. He remembered very well the time he had been so ill that the most he could do was sit up before slumping back down and falling quickly to sleep. Walking to even the door that day seemed nigh impossible, the fact that she could walk after such a long time being bed-ridden was impressive. "I was headed to the libraries but I will accompany you where you need me to. Books sometimes can be exhausting company."
Old 03-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I was not heading anywhere in particular...I just needed to get out of bed. If I had to spend one more day in my room, looking at the walls, I would scream." This prince seemed like very good company. "And the libraries sound wonderful...I have never been, and with me there you won't be exhausted by books' company," Salindra managed a laugh. "I am the Lady Salindra, highness. Again, I thank you for coming to my rescue."
Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
demoted to extra

"It was not much of a rescue, Lady Salindra," Jarem said as if he were stating a fact and turned his head to give her an entertained grin, "think of me more as a talking cane." He sympathised with the feeling of being trapped, he would have been restless as well but thankfully he had somehow managed to evade getting sick this long. Briefly he wondered if his wife were feeling the same as Salindra was where she was, secluded in her tower with not much company besides whoever went up to tend her and a swimming little babe unborn.

He sighed as he watched a few servants scuttle back and forth through the halls. "It is a refreshing change… to find someone that has not been to the libraries. I am a little bored of people that know everything about Vellesca, discovery is more fulfilling when you have someone to share it with."
Old 03-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A rather handsome talking cane, I daresay. Though I wonder why you would wish to regulate yourself to such a duty." Salindra did not wish to seem a bore...he did consign himself to her company, after all...the least she could do was be congenial. And as far as her being flirtatious...it was as natural to her as breathing. She could not help herself.

"And I am still discovering Vellesca myself and all the beauties and wonders it has to hold...as I am newcomer. Most of my life has been spent in Ashmark. I accompanied my cousin to court...Parissa, Prince Jason's wife? I now serve the princess Ziamara." She smiled at him. "But then I am sure Trimeris is much more beautiful and exciting than being amongst hills and vineyards."
Old 03-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
demoted to extra

Jarem’s brow rose and he tried to suppress a smile. It would have been a lie to say that he was not flattered but he always found himself rather common-looking in his features. If she thought him handsome then she should have seen his relatives. But then again, he supposed her illness was meddling with her vision or perhaps the appeal was that he was foreign with an accent. Still, she was pleasant, the sort of company he needed.

"It would be difficult for me to disagree," Jarem admitted, he was not going to lie about his preference for his homeland. "But this kingdom has its… charms. I have always been… astounded by the might of mountains, giants of stone and rock. Harsh places to live. Those who come from them are often hardy folk, no?"
Old 03-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course you will always prefer your home over where you are," Salindra nodded. "Even if you do not think you will, at first...eventually you miss it. I've spent the entirety of my life in Ashmark...and never thought I'd miss it. Now that I am here at court...I do miss it, somewhat. And mountain folk usually are hardy and strong of will. Even if, sometimes, we don't look it. I count myself more as lowlander than mountain child, however."
Old 03-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #10
demoted to extra

"Weird," Jarem said, not bothering to restrain his honesty. Most of it was vaguely familiar to him only because he tried to acquaint himself the kingdom and the different peoples that both sprung from the lands and came to call it home. But after some point they all seemed the same, sometimes they all looked the same. He had an easier time recognising the different patterns and colours on the backs of spiders and butterflies.

"I was going to the library to see if it has any texts on diseases," he began honestly, thinking it was better giving her forewarning since he figured that she had spent a good portion of her life laying in her own sick and she might not want to be reminded of it. "I’m no magister but the plague inspired my curiosity." He never really had much of an interest in diseases but he figured there might be cool pictures to look at.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:44 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It sounded boring, to be perfectly honest, but if she could endure the lectures of Emrello about various healing herbs, she could endure him looking at books about diseases. "Curiosity is good...as long as it's healthy," she smiled. And as long as she had him to stare at, all would be well.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
demoted to extra

"And what would be unhealthy curiosity, my lady? Fondling the behinds of cattle?" he suggested, barely serious; though he did know some men who did so, thinking that there was knowledge to be sought in the rectums of beasts. Jarem thought that these men had completely lost their purpose in life.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Salindra laughed so hard at his less-than-serious inquiry, that she had to hang on to his arm a touch more tighter than she might have normally. "Oh gods, if I saw someone doing as such, I might question their good sense."
Old 03-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #14
demoted to extra

Jarem shrugged, "I have met many such men, befriended some. They look like everyone else, they smile and talk about the weather… then you realise the more you get know them, they are like the maggots crawling beneath the underbelly of a dead sow." As he spoke, he made gestures with his free hand to help illustrate his words. "You don’t see them until you’re knee-deep in their shit. And I am sure such people are the reason we have plague, we’ve been begging for a good cleansing."
Old 03-15-2015, 02:14 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Was he going to go on some rant about how this plague was the gods' way of cleansing things? If so, then handsomeness certainly disguised religious insanity. Salindra hated overly religious people...she got enough of that with her mountain relatives.

"I...suppose." Her voice was not as jovial as it was moments before. "Though I do not call what people have to suffer through with this plague any sort of cleansing."
Old 03-15-2015, 02:30 AM   #16
demoted to extra

It seemed his sense of humour had gone over Salindra’s head but then he made no effort to make it known because it wasn’t the first time it happened. In fact, it was mistaken by many of the Edolene people as more callous than humorous; even Lord Sollis had attempted to skewer his nether regions because of his jesting before they managed to become friends. "No," he shrugged with a grin, "but I hope it gets to Trimerid, it was getting a little too crowded before I left."
Old 03-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"...oh." She blinked, and gave him a disbelieving smile, which turned into something more genunine. "You were jesting. I hope you don't think me impertinent, but you have a rather morbid sense of humor." Salindra wasn't used to such...she was used to more light-hearted jests and jokes.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #18
demoted to extra

"I suppose I do," he laughed, if her mother had died shitting herself to death perhaps she would have understood, "and do not worry, I’d rather spend my time with an impudent woman, it brings a little more excitement to my day." After saying that, he stopped walking and started staring at where the hall verged into three separate hallways and he realised that he was lost. Even though he had been at the palace for a while, everything still looked the same and he had yet to grasp which direction it was to anywhere except his apartments. "Do you know the way to the library?" he asked finally.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She nodded. "Yes, indeed I do." Salindra nodded toward the center hallway. "Down this way...I've had to listen to make a lecture and be tutored on herbs of healing there."
Old 03-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #20
demoted to extra

"Oh really?" Jarem asked with his thick accent, genuinely impressed as he continued again down the hall. "Why were you being tutored in them?"
Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"As I serve Princess Ziamara...Emrello often quizzes me and her other ladies on such things," Salindra said, with a bit of a careless air. "It does not seem important now but I am sure it will come in handy later."
Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #22
demoted to extra

"Was this... Emrello good to look at?" he asked curiously. "I have always found it that I remembered my lessons from beautiful teachers. The ugly are not allowed to teach in Trimeris. It’s why we’re so smart. Believe me, my lady."
Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He is...not one I shirk away from, but not overly memorable either...and I would think it the other way around. If someone is so beautiful then they are apt to be a distraction, don't you think?"
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #24
demoted to extra

Jarem laughed; perhaps, that was why the Edolene looked like they wanted to kill each other, so many ugly people at court. He then made a gesture that indicated that he had not considered her suggestion before. "I wouldn’t know," he admitted innocently, "I had a scholar try to teach me a great many things, the ancient construction of roads, aqueducts, vaults… and the moment I smelled his breath and saw how his face wrinkled like the between of a crone’s legs, I told my father that I would not learn anything until he found someone that looked like a whore. I was seven. I couldn’t walk for months after but I had a teacher that was at least pleasurable to look at. But if you asked me about ancient architecture, I still couldn’t tell you anything about it."

Last edited by Jarem Aldarayth-Firuzahn; 03-17-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Distractions come in many forms, I suppose. Whether they be zoning off into boredom or being distracted by a pretty face." Salindra made it a point to glance at him. "If I had you as a tutor, I don't think I would remember many of your lessons, either, and not because you are ugly. By any means."
Old 03-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #26
demoted to extra

"Thank you," Jarem answered, now convinced that it was indeed her illness making her blind to the world around her. He was rather common-faced in Trimeris, he knew it and it never troubled him but then again, maybe she wasn’t. If anyone asked him, the Trimerid people were on whole a rather sexy people. "If you had any of my relations as your tutor, I am sure that you would not remember how to speak your mother tongue. Now, if I had you teaching me about barrel vaults, groined vaults, and such things, I am sure that you’d have me singing their differences like a songbird. Not that I would want to," he confessed and gestured towards a window, "I’ve never really cared about what type of window that was and I am not going to start anytime soon."
Old 03-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You look out of windows," she said, simply. "I do not care to know the names, or any other function they might have." Why would anyone want to learn about windows? "Though I am happy to hear that you'd find me a good tutor."
Old 03-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #28
demoted to extra

"Weeeeell," Jarem responded as if musing something, "then perhaps you can tutor me. If there was one thing in all of Edolon that you would teach a foreign prince, what would it be?"
Old 03-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If I felt a tad bit more better, there are a great deal many things I wouldn't mind tutoring you on," she winked. Salindra couldn't help herself...to her, flirting was as natural as breathing. "Needless to say, I fear I could not tutor you on much...if you care to know about the orchards of Ashmark, I would tutor you on those. In my opinion, we have the best grapes, which make the best wine."
Old 03-30-2015, 01:44 AM   #30
demoted to extra

Jarem laughed at her wink. What was this woman and where could he find one? Perhaps the healing baths where the blind would sometimes gather. It was going to be a challenge finding someone half as easy to look at. "No, no, no," he said answered quickly in reply as if she were proposing they should hope off the nearest tower together with wax wings. "I only ever drink wine these days to pass out, not to enjoy the taste." He grinned.
Closed Thread

Tags
jarem aldarayth-firuzahn, salindra harrowmont