Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Default 12.21 (evening) ~ conversation in the chaos - Thane, Zanara (Open)

Zanara had decided to play shy and hung back among the less-bold of the highborns who were dancing and drinking just outside the palace gates... but behind her white mask her eyes were bright and fixed despite the amount of wine she'd been drinking. She was watching the gates... and finally she saw the person she was looking for: his smile as he turned to say something to one of his companions. Even by the flickering of firelight and torches she was fairly sure of her guess. Zanara walked toward the group without a hesitation, lips turned in a sweet smile. She'd caught his voice as he'd said something to the others: definitely the right person. He could trade that silver-edged cloak away for a night, but voices were harder to fake.

"Good evening, my lords. I was hoping I might borrow my lord of ravens ere you all take flight." Zanara's dress if not the henna on her hands and the decoration of the veil that ornamented her loose dark hair surely marked her as a lady of the 'Shores- a Bromiad costume, yes, but still not one born of Kingsreach. Her eyes settled on Thane. "That is, if it please you, my lord?" She held out the horn of strongwine in her hands for him to take.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #2
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

His companions were a little slower to stop than he was, and they turned back to look at him, and then at the girl... mostly at Zanara, actually. Not that Thane blamed them. Even for not knowing who she was, they would not be so blind as to miss she cut a striking figure. Thane, however, would recognize her voice in a crowd... Not hyperbole as he had done just that many times. Though, if not for her voice, the eyes behind her white mask would have been hint enough... if he hadn't already had plenty.

He reached out with a gloved hand to take the horn and slowly tilted it to his lips. "I can think of little else that would please me more," he said, and then turned his attention to the others, waving them ahead. He'd find them later. Maybe. "Well, my lady, you've got me well and borrowed. How might I entertain you?"
Old 02-19-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled as she stepped to his side, pausing to watch the others leave before she turned her head to look up at him. "I wish you to read a riddle for me, my lord. I find I am rather deficient in my knowledge of gryphons. I had thought they were pack animals and yet... could it be my tutors were mistaken?"
Old 02-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #4
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane looked at her from behind his black-silk mask and for a moment he said nothing. "And what makes you think I've knowledge of gryphons that you do not?" he countered, his voice as silken as his mask.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 AM   #5
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Because you are the soul of wisdom in all things but natural philosophy above all," she said in a quiet voice just as sweet as before. "And you dwell with one... and you might understand why men would break to violence over trifles and why a pretty little doll was sobbing her pretty brown eyes out all day today." That had concerned her.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled. "What I know of gryphons... Very beautiful creatures. And so very violent when they feel threatened. That I dwell with one ought to seem like enough reason for me to be careful over such riddles, my lady."
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"But when does your company ever inspire caution?" she asked, her smile slight but still there in her voice. After a moment it faded and she drew back. "Ah well, it was a question I felt I had to ask... I apologize if I've intruded. Enjoy your night, my lord." Zanara inclined her head solemnly.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 AM   #8
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose that's a question I ought to ask more people," he said, but then reached out to catch her hand. "And, my lady, why the need?"
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #9
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zanara stopped and her head tilted just fraction as her eyes looked to his. "When all the stones around us are quaking, how could we not ask what may be moving them? If I am to be caught by falling rubble, I'd know why if I could," she said softly as her fingers grazed against his palm. "But you are right, I should have been more cautious. My thanks for your patience."
Old 02-20-2015, 11:38 PM   #10
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"All of them?" he asked, his eyes moving to his hand before he let his fingers trail up her arm. "Every stone? Well, do not worry so. Even if the rubble were falling... I would never let you be crushed."
Old 02-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #11
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She glanced down at his hand on her arm then looked at his face- though she didn't move to pull away. "Pretty words from a pretty lord. Yet I had thought you'd sworn off chivalry... Ah, but of course, papa's gratitude would outweigh the very stones themselves... A pity, my lord, for if you were going to save me, I'd hope you'd find some better way than trapping me."
Old 02-21-2015, 12:35 AM   #12
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He didn't say anything for a moment... His dark eyes just looking into hers and then with a crooked smile he said, "Do you really think I'm pretty?"
Old 02-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #13
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zanara's tilted back as she laughed, smile wide as her lips would go for a moment. "Hmm.. Shadows and firelight suit you...? No, I cannot play coy. You are very pretty, my lord. And well you know it, so I gain nothing by pretending otherwise."
Old 02-21-2015, 01:38 AM   #14
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Nothing?" he asked, leaning a little closer. "A sign of gratitude... On this night of all nights... who could possibly blame me?" He bent to press his lips to hers, chaste... if a little longer than brief... and then he pulled back. "By that argument, Zanara... you are beautiful... and I gain nothing by pretending otherwise..."
Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 AM   #15
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His kiss surprised her, but she didn't fight it and she smiled at him as he straightened. "Really...? Then I suppose I must repay in kind..." She lifted up on her toes and put her hand on his shoulder to keep herself steady as she put her lips to his.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 AM   #16
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He bent his head a little but still made her work for it... at least slightly... And he smiled as her lips touched his. "But... my lady... I was repaying you for the compliment... Now I am once again your debt." Another kiss... this one he made just a little less chaste... Parting her lips and flicking his tongue against hers to tease before drawing back.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #17
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gasped as he kissed her, and her breath caught again when he drew back. Zanara's eyes opened with an almost startled speed but she blinked quickly and smiled. "Careful, my lord, with a ledger like that, the accounts will soon be lost." She let herself down onto her feet. "I ought to go, before you lure me into Bromios' shadows, y lord."
Old 02-22-2015, 01:18 AM   #18
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such a pity his shadows did not cover us sooner then," he smirked. "I can think of worse company. But if you wish to go, I will not keep you, my lady..."
Old 02-22-2015, 01:37 AM   #19
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her eyes studied him and she didn't move away, despite the raucous crowd around them- she could hear so many people yelling and calling invitations and invocations to all manner of mischief... "I wish you would," she said quietly, more to herself than to him, and caught herself. Hells, she hoped he hadn't heard. To make sure of it, she drew back sharply and turned to lose herself in whatever crowd of mayhem she could find.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:12 AM   #20
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Even if he hadn't heard her... her lips were easy enough to read... Only she was turning away before he could reach for her again, and with the seeming skill of a cat, she was disappeared behind a crowd of people, and he tried to get around them but when they cleared, she was gone and he was... determined to find her again. He would... maybe not tonight... but he would.
Closed Thread

Tags
thane voldryn, zanara solvitreo