Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Arrow 12.21 (about midnight) - The Longest Night - OPEN

Ziamara was in a plain red surcoat over a white dress, almost all of it hidden under a dark blue cloak. Her long golden hair was down, a fine red veil giving it some nominal covering. Her face was hidden beneath a blue mask. The bromiads were out in force, and the princess was among them, dancing in the streets of Old Volorro while a trio of guards kept a shadow pace not far away.

The night was cold but people were out in force, the Bromiads in their masks and bearing their cups and flagons and pitchers of strongwine, some with torches, some with lanterns... everyone else was dressed for the festival, seeking the strongwine of the Wild God, or just revelry of whatever sort would come to them.

Her own blood pulsed with the beat of drums, the hum of strings and lutes just barely audible beneath the raucous crowd. Bonfires shone and danced in the squares, and flames flew as fire-dancers spun and chased the shadows.

((ooc: basically this))
Old 02-19-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

The Day of Misrule was the day dedicated to Chaos, where chance and fortune hung at equal measure on the scale, and quite unusually the gods had seen fit to remind the court just that the night before. A death, a fight, an accusation of adultery... tsk tsk. Fortune was exceedingly fickle, indeed.

That having happened, Gareth approached Midwinter doubly careful to recall that it was also a night where the gods had their eyes turned to the world. The end of the darkening of the days, where the shadows stretched their longest and strangest. It had always been one of the Holy Days Gareth felt most comfortable in.

The revelry spilled out of the palace and into the streets of the city, and Gareth went with the tide. He was undisguised all but for a black band tied around his head with two holes cut for his eyes, which had been lined heavily in black kohl - like a highwayman or a sailor.

He spotted Ziamara quite easily - the guards were a dead giveaway, for one - and moved his way past them towards her, stepping into the steps of her dance. "What an inconspicuous Bromiad," he said with a smirk.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled at the thief who'd stolen into her path, and the smile turned to a laugh as he spoke in a voice she recognized. "And what charming shadow-lord has found me, I wonder?" she asked, stepping closer to him. "A strong one, and a bold... Are you seeking the Wild God's touch tonight?" She kept moving as she spoke, letting the drums continue to guide her (and the wines they had drunk earlier- those too).
Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"That's the idea," said Gareth with a dry laugh. "Better I seek it than it seeks me. You know, people rarely consider the power of Bromius... They see the drinking, the revels, the twining limbs, but they rarely give much thought to the power of carnality and how much a hold it has over everything that ever lived and died."

Gareth glanced towards Ziamara's guards and then suddenly grinned, looping an arm around her waist and spinning her into the crowd along with him.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gasped but she didn't fight- her breath escaped her in a rush of laughter, her arms wrapping around Gareth easily as he pulled her away into a press of people. It wasn't the first Long Night she'd lost her guards- they'd find her eventually, and if they didn't there were always redcloaks or someone else though none of those practical considerations entered her head with any force.

Ziamara slid her hand along his arm as they moved and she made herself stop laughing. "I think you have found more than a touch of our wild lord..."
Old 02-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #6
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"Maybe so," Gareth replied, his voice heavy with a deliberate sort of mystery. His brows rose in tandem as he looked down at Ziamara, one of his arms moving away from her and upwards to knock someone's elbow away from the side of her head as it drew much too close for his liking. There was a sound of something clattering to the streets, and then a 'The fuck are you doing?' shouted from an inebriated voice in the crowd.

"And now the question is - how much have you found? A touch? More?"
Old 02-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She really ought to feel something other than her pulse pounding, she realized... snow wine and strongwine and a touch of poppies all in tandem... "Hm, that's hard to measure, Shadow Lord. What would you call a touch? And what is more than a touch?" Ziamara grinned and her fingertips swept up the arm he'd just used to knock some poor fool on their ass. "Are you worried I might be far ahead of you into the dark? I assure you I'll be dancing a while yet."
Old 02-19-2015, 11:56 PM   #8
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"Ah, what is more than a touch?" echoed Gareth, snatching for Ziamara's hand as it moved along his arm. He laced his fingers with hers and pulled towards him and away from someone who was about five seconds away from demonstrating the trick of blowing a mouthful of liquor over the low flames of a short torch. "That's a question for Bromius himself. I'll let his Bromiads teach me, since it's their night and so anxious to educate the rest of us unenlightened sots. And I'm not worried that you're far ahead of me... I have long legs, I can catch up.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Careful, Shadow. I might be charmed by such daring claims. And what would you do with a charmed Bromiad?" Ziamara laughed, pulling away from him but keeping hold of his hand to lead him off, a little bit further from the fire dancers and the very ill-advised fire breathers but after a couple steps she darted back toward him to avoid a large, drunken man crashing past on stolen stilts with a much smaller person screaming along behind him... Ziamara giggled as she bumped into the Shadow Lord's chest and her hand went to his waist.

"If you want to be educated, kiss me, and I'll decide if you've got any hope of learning more. There's no point in playing with a man who cannot kiss- they'll just trip and fall all over themselves."
Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #10
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"No, no," said Gareth as Ziamara crashed back into him, avoiding the crowd that seemed intent on a mixture of fire and physical self-harm. "It's not a question of what I'd do with a charmed Bromiad. It's a question of what wouldn't I do."

Gareth glanced to the side, and he tugged Ziamara by her elbow in between a man in a giant wicker dragon mask and a pack of waifish priestesses with crowns of ivy on their heads. His head tilted to the side, then bent downward, but his lips moved to the curve of her ear, his voice low. "It might be in my best interests to remember that this Bromiad has certain obligations." His hand slid along her back, down to its narrowest point.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her breath caught a little as they dodged again- but all but stopped as he whispered in her ear. "Obligations to her god, to the Wild..." Her left hand settled on his shoulder, sliding down his chest while her right hand moved along his waist to embrace him. "And for one night she can do as she wills..." Ziamara tilted her head to encourage his lips to stay by her ear, her skin. "I've wanted to feel your kiss for an age, my lord. Will you not abandon cares for just a moment?"
Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 AM   #12
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"Have you ever truly beheld the Wild?" asked Gareth, his lips still poised near her ear, his voice full of a kind of soft amusement. "There are places where a mortal man's never touched, where the mere sight of it puts in you such a longing that you think you might go mad. You want to tear off your own skin and run like a beast through them. You don't know how some place can be so dark..."

His hand rose thumb touching against her lower lip. "And so beautiful. You don't know how something can be so brimming with life, and be so unknown."
Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 AM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sighed. "I wish I hadn't... and I wouldn't change it, all at once." Ziamara laughed but his thumb touched her lip and on impulse she parted her lips and nipped- not hard enough to break skin but enough for her teeth to be felt, then touched her tongue to his skin just briefly before releasing her bite, her eyes focused on his face despite the shadows- or maybe because of them. "Would you forget it if you could?"
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #14
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"No one could forget that," he said, his eyes fixed on Ziamara's lips and teeth as they nipped at his finger. His finger dragged down over the curve of her lip, the jut of her chin, down further beneath it to her throat. "No one would want to forget that. Is it just a kiss you want?"
Old 02-20-2015, 04:16 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No girl ever just wants a kiss, my lord," Ziamara's eyes lit with a bolder, darker amusement. "But I will take a kiss if it is all you can give." She moved her hand lightly along his back and hip. Around them the crowd still jostled, the drums beat... she wondered how long it had been, and found she didn't really care. The sun wasn't up yet, so not that long... She leaned into him. "Would not wish you to lose yourself in the wild so early in the night... Or perhaps I would."
Old 02-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #16
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

"True, there are plenty of girls who have appetites for more."

Gareth moved his right arm around Ziamara's waist, holding her flat against him as his left arm bent above her shoulder, hand coming to the back of her neck. He pulled her along with the motion of the crowd that rolled like the waves of an unpredictable sea. Or maybe it was shifting sand on a wind change, the way it blew one moment and then reversed, the dunes above the low roads whispering with the noise.

It all bled together in Gareth's memory most of the time. He leaned close, tipping her head back and letting his lips drift over her white throat, his arm around her middle growing tighter. "Is there a reason you didn't come to me before?" he asked, tasting her skin with a flick of his tongue before he pulled Ziamara off her feet to lift her over a spot in the broken stones of the street that had turned to little more than a mud pit.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There was the smell of sweat underlying the perfume, wine, mud, and flame... Gareth smelled much better than the streets. And his lips were turning her thoughts to dust- but his question drew a laugh. "It would end with both of us losing every scrap of flesh on our backs to my step-mother's rage." Her hand slid up to run through his hair. "You needed father's favor more than a kiss..." Ziamara's head tilted and she arched her back to press against him. "Would you have kissed me if I'd come before?"
Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #18
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

His hand swept the hair from the back of her neck and then he rolled his wrist to draw its long, golden length around his arm like a blonde rope twined together with the red of her veil. "I might have checked for a knife first," he said with a crooked smirk, and his arm around her loosened only to allow his hand to move over the curve of her backside and the shape of her hips and upper thighs beneath the skirts of her gown. "Perhaps I still should..."

His gaze drifted to the side where a nearby pockmarked man and his companion looked just a touch too interested in what he was doing. Gareth gave a small shake of his head and a pointed glare away, and the two men hesitated before melting back into the crowd. "Fucking animals," he said, turning his attention back to Ziamara with a grin and a following savage kiss.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No knives... tonight..." She smiled faintly but her hips moved against his hand. Forbidden, abandon, the night... That someone might see didn't even worry her. Let them. Everyone could go fuck themselves tonight.

Gareth's mouth crushed against hers, the kiss hard and demanding. Her moan was nothing to do with protest, and her lips parted for him, her hands gripping his tunic, nails pressing down through the material.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #20
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Natalia wore a dress of deep purple and black lace with a matching mask. She was a bit frightened having never been out on the streets during the Longest Night before, but that fear and uncertainty was quickly giving way to fun. Part of her wondered why they didn't come for more holy days, but as she looked around at the gyrating crowd that seemed locked either at the lips or hips, she didn't have to wonder much longer. A few men had even come to her, and she'd happily obliged them with kisses. After all... it's what you did here, right?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #21
(Lord of Westridge) Attericus Harrowmont
the mountain lord

My Mood:

The Lord of the West was out, a Bromiad on either arm and mead running freely among his party of men and women as they wandered the streets of Tal Volorro. It was a return to his youth in a way- when the alcohol blurred the edges of past and present, making the world new and familiar all at once, and he could for a few moments remember the best of the past. When all the faces around him fell out of focus, he could see them as the many lost companions, the lost friends...

Attericus drank deeply from his mead horn and lifted it with a howl of victory and approval as a man not far off was successful in tackling the drunkard who had absconded with his stilts and satyr mask.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #22
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

Gareth took the parting of her lips as invitation, deepening his kiss while his hand tightened his hold on the rope of her hair. There was no anger behind the crush of his mouth, the bite of his teeth against her lower lip, the hands holding her to him - it was an act of possession in a small span of seconds.

He felt the touch of her nails through his clothing and the barest hint of a smile grew at the edge of his lips. He broke the kiss, though his teeth released her lip last, just at the point of pain. "Still no knives?" he asked, his voice a rough chuckle. "Or shall I await them on the morrow?"
Old 02-21-2015, 01:48 AM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not from me," she answered, her own voice breathy and low. Ziamara's eyes were dark as she watched Gareth's face and then she rubbed her fingers over the place she'd just been grabbing. "Mm, you were worth the kiss of Charlotte's whips... I am sorry for not daring sooner." Her body still pressed hard to him she let her hands wander up his chest again. "The wild seems to be deserting me, else I would beg to learn more of you... but I would not risk lips like yours to my whims and those knives you're concernd about."
Old 02-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #24
(Lord) Gareth Agrivale
demoted to extra

Gareth gave a tug to Ziamara's hair, but it was a gentle one, and a moment later he untwined it from his grip, running his fingers through the long waves to straighten them beneath her veil. "I might wish to hear you beg, wild or no, but I'll not hold you here... Go find the Wild God, little nymph, and take the memory of me along with you."
Old 02-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps if you ask some other evening, you might get your wish." She smiled as she stepped back from him. "Enjoy the night, my lord. It may be the last time you escape your vassals' pestering for a year."
Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #26
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore was determined to be all smiles tonight; she was going out and going to keep her chin up. The world could say what they wanted, but she refused to hide and let them talk. She wouldn’t cry over all of this again… if they wanted to talk about how her brother had defamed her then they would have to talk about it with her among them.

Jason had told her that the feelings of wanting to curl up in bed would last as long as she wanted, or as long as she let them and she was going to embrace that advice. The wine dulled some of the awkward feelings she felt, let her relax enough to sway softly to the music that played in the streets of Old Volorro.

Dressed in bright teal surcoat over a white dress for her aunt, her hair was left loose and wild embracing the spirit of Bromios. Concealing her face with a half mask of lace, there wasn't much hiding who she was though. She smiled almost lazily over the glass of strong wine as she enjoyed the revelry among the other Bromiads.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:16 AM   #27
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

He had taken his leave of the prince for the moment and was making his way with a group of his men. They were draped in women, some of them... Rhaegar was not. For the moment. But he did catch sight of a petite brunette Bromiad...

Rhaegar made his way closer to her and held out a hand. "You look lost, wild one," he said, letting his Asseryan accent be noticably thicker- combining with his blatantly Asseryan clothing and swords gleaming with inlaid gold. Natalia Seyfert, he noted as he looked her over up close. Good. Seyferts were something he was curious about.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #28
(Lord) Kadreth Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

There were other places Kadreth could have gone aside from the Tal Volorro streets, but after the evening he'd had, he felt a pressing need to be out of Tor Vellesca and away from the weight of the place crushing down on him. Figuratively, though as he roamed the streets in a crowd of revelers, he wondered if there wasn't a literal element to it. He breathed easier in the cold air, and all the problems and complicated emotions of the night melted with every footstep he took.

Drinking helped. Some man masked like a satyr recognized him and shoved a cup in his hands, and Kadreth followed him and a group of others into the crowds.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:31 AM   #29
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Natalia turned and looked up, her light brown eyes seeming to spark with something between excitement and curiosity. Very slowly she let her gaze drop to his hand and she lifted her own to take it. "I am," she said, her voice all but sang. "Are you offering to help me find my way, my lord? I would be... so, so grateful."
Old 02-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #30
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

"I would help you even without gratitude- someone as beautiful as you should never be lost." Rhaegar smiled and his hand closed around hers before he bent to brush his lips to her knuckle. "Where are you going, Bromiad?"
Closed Thread

Tags
attericus harrowmont, gareth meadows, kadreth vellfyre, natalia seyfert, rhaegar vayth, ziamara fairchild, lenore vellfyre