Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 AM   #31
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Parissa sighed again; that was a lecture she'd heard from quite a number of older ladies. "And deadly dull too," she pointed out. "Courtly love is far better. Unrequited, and perfect while it lasts. Who wouldn't want that? Even if it's rare, it's so much more... well... more." She sipped her wine and looked off into the fire with a sixteen-year-old's dreams in her eyes.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:49 AM   #32
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa laughed. "I dare say, if I were a young girl in Court, I'd probably feel the same way," she replied good-humouredly, "But, at my age, one has already learned the value of a reliable, trustworthy friend and partner long ago, and has neither the patience nor the desire for pretty lies." She made no mention of the frivolity of the young lady's opinion, or the inevitable pain it was going to cause her. She knew that Lady Parissa wouldn't take her seriously even if she did, so she just smiled to her warmly and, in all honesty, said: "Have your fun, my Lady, and enjoy yourself. For what is worth, you'll never hear me begrudging you that. But, as exalting as the throes of infatuation can be, they can also cause you a great deal of pain... so just... don't leave your heart completely unguarded."
Old 01-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, I know that. I wept ever so hard over a young lordling once. Of course, he never even bothered to speak to me. Unrequited love is always tragic like that." She shook her head. "It's ever so cruel to adore someone who wouldn't notice you if you were right in front of him."
Old 01-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #34
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa chuckled. "It certainly sounds cruel," she replied, "Though I'll have to take your word for it. I've observed plenty of love and by far much more of infatuation since becoming a part of the Court, but I'm afraid I've never suffered either affliction myself. Not in a romantic sense, that is." She shrugged, adding in a bemused tone: "Too rational for it, I suppose."
Old 01-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know... Zanara's terribly rational but I think even she's been struck with it once or twice. Perhaps you just haven't met the right person- there's just this..." Parissa trailed off as she tried to think how to explain it. "There's this magnet and at first you might not notice but then your eyes can't look away from them and your chest gets all funny when they're around and after that it's just impossible to endure."
Old 01-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #36
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps," Maressa said, choosing not to depress Lady Parissa with her stories, "It sounds like an amusing, if slightly nauseating feeling... not unlike travel in an extremely fast boat on sea." She chuckled a bit. "We'll see," she nodded in the end. She neither looked for romance nor did she care if she'll ever experience that thrill everyone always talks to her about, and honestly, she couldn't say she'd be sad if the situation remained as it was, but why discourage the child from something she clearly enjoys? "With plenty of knights and lords I've never met now back from the war, there is a - purely statistically speaking - a chance you may be right," she joked, "We do have a rather handsome bunch of them here, in Edolon."
Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A lot of handsome men," Parissa agreed. "I did not expect to think so many of them so becoming but... perhaps it's because they are all new. Maybe one day we'll find that familiarity has made them less handsome?" she asked, smiling a little. "Not all of them, but perhaps a few. Here and there."
Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 PM   #38
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Entirely possible," Maressa nodded with a grin, "Aesthetically speaking, I'm rather fond of the sight of a handsome man, and have found the Court rather akin to a box of candies... especially when lords of the 'Shores are in attendance." She winked at the end, giggling a bit at her own silliness. She did not engage in such frivolities often, but there were times - now, for example - when she very much enjoyed them.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:59 PM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The Shoes lords are lovely... and very..." She bit her lip as she smiled and tried to think of the right words, "very... gallant. And very diverting, some of them... Lord Velasco's one, and Lord Voldryn's son... my cousins too but they aren't here. A pity, you might like Tag and Jayr."
Old 01-26-2015, 12:03 AM   #40
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If they take anything after their uncle, Ser Darres, then I'm certain I'd find them most pleasing to the eye, indeed," Maressa nodded, "Though, hopefully, they haven't taken after him when it comes to gallantry. He's a rather... crude man."
Old 01-26-2015, 12:09 AM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa laughed. "Tagganaro no, Jayr... maybe a little but they can both be very polished when they need to. Princess Zorayda would knock their heads in if they didn't learn it well. And they are terribly handsome... and Darres' sons are too. I'm so glad Bash is here. Do you have very man kinsmen at court? I think... you said your sister, and your brother... and is your uncle in the king's household...?"
Old 01-26-2015, 12:49 AM   #42
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa nodded. "Indeed," she replied, "My Fairwind cousins are in attendance as well, as is my cousin, Lady Arista... though, to be honest, we are friendly, but not very close. And there are, of course, the Vellfyre, but lest one carries the name, they can't truly call themselves their kin." She smiled. "It's a small household we run here, but I'm happy to have as many of us close as there can be," she said, "Especially the younglings. For now, it's only my brother's son, but if all goes as planned, my niece will be joining us next year. She's about your age... a year or so younger than you, actually."
Old 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I will look forward to meeting her, my lady. I am sure she will adore this court as much as I do- perhaps by then I might be able to convince my prince to allow me to name a few of my own attendants." She'd be ten-and-seven then, and maybe even have given him an heir... wasn't that a strange thought?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #44
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I hope so too," Maressa replied with a smile. She loved her niece as if Ildaria was her own child, and she only ever wished the best for her. "A lot can change in a year," she said, "Hells, a lot can change in a day, if the circumstances are right. But I sincerely doubt it will take Prince Jason that long to be convinced of such a matter. For so long as he doesn't have to counter any choices made by those higher up than himself, I am fairly sure he would not begrudge you the company of any lady you enjoy spending time with."
Old 01-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then perhaps we will see it is less than a year. Do you think your niece would enjoy Summerhall? I..." She glanced toward the city then back at Maressa. "I'm not sure if we will reside all the year with the king's court or not yet. His highness seemed to be thinking of remaining at Summerhall more often."
Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #46
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think she will enjoy Court in general," Maressa said. They made certain Ildaria was sent away from home as soon as possible, and to a home where she would be surrounded by trustworthy people who have children and other fosterlings close to her age, so that she may grow up into a young woman in a better environment than Tal Vayth was under Lord Gawen. So far, it seemed that the price they paid to convince father to accept their choice over his, was worth it.

"Don't think about that for the time being," she smiled to the young woman, "Enjoy yourself, and adapt to the situation as it changes. Whatever Prince Jason decides, I'm sure he will do it with the best intentions in mind... and, besides, even if you do end up spending most of your time in Summerhall, you'll still have the pleasure of playing hostess to all of us in the summer months. The King's Court will come to you rather than the other way around."
Closed Thread

Tags
maressa vayth, parissa harrowmont