Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 8.31.30 | Good Riddance | Whitney, Open

So... they were going to send the queen ahead early?

Good. Good for them. Finally making a sensible decision where she was concerned. As far as Whitney could tell, the queen had reached her peak and her prime some fifteen years ago. Better to just pull her out, dust her off, and present her for the special occasions, but why the insisted that she still be involved with things...? That never made any sense to her. She was clearly far too up her own ass... Which is exactly why when Bryce told her she'd be going before the rest of them, Whitney did not even attempt to hide her smug smile. It was probably the first she even attempted since Rosina had gone. She'd made a point of showing just how miserable that had made her... and she was sure the queen had smugly smiled at her own pain.

So you were mad your boy was marrying a mountain dwarf? At least he wasn't marrying a Merideen... and at least he didn't have to sail until the gods knew when to foreign and treacherous lands... Charlotte could choke... and hopefully on some more of that dream fish so she could at least amuse them all before she died.

Ah... such pleasant thoughts. They put her in such a pleasant mood which is why she decided to take a turn outside for once. Melancholy was well and good, and she preferred to weep in privacy, but she was just so damned happy today. She found a seat beneath a tree and absently sipped at her wine and read from a book Belinda had brought her to pass the time. Yes... today was sure to be a good day.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #2
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain was looking for his father, who when on the road could generally be found in his mother's vicinity... but Kain did not see his father. Just his mother. A book, a glass of wine... and a smug look to her face. Must have heard the queen was leaving...

"Mother." Kain spoke quietly but cleared his throat to get her attention before he inclined his head with a shallow, bow to her. "Do you happen to know where father has gotten to?"
Old 01-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #3
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She looked up from the book and gave her son a bright smile. It faded a bit at his question, but she held it even so. "Perhaps with his brother somewhere? He's been in King Rothgar's company more than usual of late." At least voluntarily. She could never guess when her husband was so fed up with him that he'd go out of his way to avoid him. This was likely just a peaceful spell between their next row. "Is everything all right?"
Old 01-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well enough," Kain answered with a half-smile. "Ziamara's pet oracular star-gazer is swearing we shall see rain on the morrow, I wanted to be sure father's brought enough wine to get us all through the bellyaching that may follow."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is your father... He probably brought more than enough wine, dear. Unless you ask Lord Keegan... in which case we never bring enough." She used the book to fan herself, giving Kain a curious look. "Are you all right? You've been very quiet since the leave-taking. I do wish you'd have had more time with your sister before she had to leave. I'm sorry for that."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Duty is duty, mother." Kain's voice was quiet, and he shrugged. "Rosina is needed in Meridiez- that is her war, as we fought ours. The palace will soon grow too small if the girls never leave."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:37 AM   #7
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Whitney's brows furrowed. "I see..." She set the book down into her lap and reached for her wine. "She had hoped for more time with you and Gavin. Must you speak of it like she is going to war? My heart is already disquiet at her departure. To think of getting my children back from war only to send another... I hope there is no war when you have sons old enough to fight in it."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:41 AM   #8
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A hope I will not echo, mother. War made our family great, and likely will keep it so. Peace makes men fat and foolish and slow- just look at the Aseryans for proof of that." Kain shrugged. "General Orsion is a clever, grasping ape, and everyone knows the Emperor's mad as a march hare, his son's vicious as an asp- with creatures like those in one pot, what can be made but war?"
Old 01-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #9
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Maia's mercy," she breathed. "And you would send your sons to death? And be grateful for it? Because they won't be fat or foolish or lazy? But they'd be alive..." She shooked her head. "Oh... I knew was a bad idea... I knew it, but what could I say? Your father insisted it was a good match... But Rosina is not suited for war."
Old 01-12-2015, 01:05 AM   #10
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain's smile was slow, and suspiciously lopsided. "And what is Rosina suited for, mother?"
Old 01-12-2015, 01:20 AM   #11
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh don't," she huffed, setting her cup down. "She's... capable... but... you cannot tell me you are happy to see her go to such treacherous lands? She wept for weeks at a time when we sent you and your brothers off. And wept tears of happiness when she heard you were returning. You so easily accept that she could be killed in whatever madness the Merideens conjure?"
Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 AM   #12
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Why would they kill her, mother? She's far more valuable as a hostage," Kain said blithely. His father was likely going to wring his neck for winding her up... but oh well.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:41 AM   #13
Whitney Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Whitney's jaw dropped. "I can't believe... How could... You are..." She stood up very quickly. "You could at least... Oh, why bother...?" she said, moving past him and retreating back into the safety of her own tent. So much for having a good day.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:46 AM   #14
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain smirked as his mother's flouncing form and turned to go off back to his search for Bryce, humming a much happier song under his breath.
Closed Thread

Tags
kain vellfyre, whitney vellfyre