Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #61
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"Not all mothers," Jason said. "But certainly all good mothers. I'd happily help him, but I'd sooner you live into a very old age and be able to help him personally. He'll need you far more than he'd need me."

He continued to rub her back, his hands moving to find new areas of tension when he felt it vanish in other spots. "I've been pressured to marry since I was one-and-ten. The court only pretends to not have patience, but they will wait when they must. But, if it is something you are looking in to now, I can keep my eyes and ears open for suitable husbands."
Old 01-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #62
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

"I can't look for anyone quite yet," she said, sighing either in exhaustion or relief. It was hard to tell which. "People want to be sure I am most definitely not carrying my late husband's child... which is ridiculous considering that I hadn't seen him in months before he died, but custom is custom."

An especially stupid custom considering that she was still recovering from childbirth when he had briefly returned to Edolon, but if it kept her in mourning for a while so she could hold off on having to entertain betrothal proposals... "I know of one perfectly suitable husband, I... I just... He expects it, I know he does, but we're so near kin... I married once entirely out of duty. I would prefer the second time also be to someone I favor."
Old 01-16-2015, 12:35 AM   #63
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's fair," Jason said, moving his hands to her shoulder blades. "I imagine were I not who I was... you know... heir to the throne... I would definitely be vying for your attentions. In another life, perhaps. Another circumstance... If James were still here... And I less important to my father... I might have been able to make quite a convincing argument... I've been told I can be fairly persuasive."
Old 01-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #64
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona lifted her head from Jason's shoulder, looking at him for a long moment, and the smile on her face was a sad one. "You'll be a fine husband," she said, her hand moving between them, laying over his chest. "In another life, if I'd have been more important, I'd have been happy to have you."
Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 AM   #65
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His eyes met hers, and though she smiled, he knew there was little joy in it. "I'd have found a way... Because you are important. In this life or another... No matter what you think... You are." His hand went to her cheek and he lifted his head to press his lips to hers.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:02 AM   #66
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona returned the kiss gently, her hand sliding upwards over his chest to his shoulder, wandering to his neck and then the side of his face, fingertips buried in his hair. "A sweet dream," she murmured, "but I know that's all it is. Still... I do not regret that I at least can be your friend."
Old 01-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #67
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sweet dreams are fleeting," he said softly, his thumb stroking her cheek. "There's nothing wrong with dwelling in them from time to time." Another kiss. "I should hope not. Your friendship means a lot to me. You do. When dreams are ended and we are awake, it is a comfort to know that we are still here for one another. That we have been... and that we will be... Sometimes there is no truer love than that."
Old 01-16-2015, 01:25 AM   #68
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

"And I treasure your trust and friendship, too," she said, reaching for his hand, wrapping it in her own and bending her head to touch her lips against his fingertips. "And even if you cease to be interested in a friendship with me, I will always wish you every happiness one can have."
Old 01-16-2015, 01:30 AM   #69
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And why would I cease to be interested?" he asked, tilting his head. "Oh, Winona... I wish you could see you through my eyes... Then you'd know that if this friendship ever ends, it will not be because I choose it. No. It is a thing worth fighting for. And I would if ever I had to. So selfless... I should hope you'd fight for me, too?" he said, though he smirked as he spoke the last words.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:37 AM   #70
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

"I don't know. Men are so strange," she said, brows rising, a smile in her eyes. "I never underestimate them and their powers at mystifying me." She tilted her head, giving Jason a long look, and she lifted his fingers to her lips for another kiss. "I would fight so much as I'm allowed, Highness. Often, for a woman, that's precious little. But you would know that I would do all I was able to - which I suppose does not sound romantic, but does at least sound practical."
Old 01-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #71
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I appreciate practicality over romance anyway," he said, his smile growing. "It makes a vow more real, I think. Not blindly uttered but... earnestly." He lightly brushed his finger over her lip. "I want so much for you to be happy, too, Winona."
Old 01-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #72
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

"I've not been unhappy, especially lately," she said, nipping her teeth against Jason's finger playfully. "Well, placating the Merideen constantly was a little tiring, but I wouldn't say it made me miserable. But there have been good things - my family home, my friends come back from war... Other things, too. The least of which is not that you've allowed me to be someone you can talk to and confide in."
Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #73
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason chuckled and with the same finger, poked the tip of her nose. "I understand that... All too well. It's... easier placating Trimerids. They're... not so difficult to please." He smiled and then lifted his head again to kiss where his finger had just poked. "I hope that you consider me the same way, Winona... I do not wish to take advantage of you without letting you know that you are more than welcome to take advantage of me, too. In fact, I encourage it... I do so love when beautiful women take advantage of me," he teased.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #74
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona grinned. "I could never take advantage," she said, laughing "Though now that I know your preferences... should I come across beautiful women in court looking to take advantage over someone... I shall know in which direction to point them."

Her leg moved, toes lightly knocking into Jason's shin. "You're-"

"My lady?"

With a start, Winona rolled away from Jason, staring up into the face of her startled handmaid. "Petra? What is it?"

The girl looked nervously in Jason's direction, bobbing a curtsy. "Your... Highness..." she said, then looked to Winona again. "The princess was looking for you. Something about beading? On silk? I was sent to find you to go speak with her about it. I'm so sorry for disturbing you." With another curtsy, Petra turned to exit the tent as quickly as she'd arrived.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #75
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Even if somebody you truly cared about asked you to?" he said, laughing with her. "Do you? But... how can you be sure?"

He looked towards the door, rolling onto his back so whoever had interrupted would not see his scars... or at least the worst of them, and he looked up at her, annoyed with her but mostly because he hated being caught off guard when he was vulnerable.

He sighed and then turned back to Winona. "I doubt you are as inclined as I to keep her waiting as I... but... before I am forced to leave you..." He rolled back towards her, almost on top of her as she'd rolled away to keep as much propriety as she could when Petra had entered, and his hand went back to her cheek. "I would be remiss not to kiss you farewell." His lips gently pressed against hers, urging them to part to deepen it. He didn't pull back far when he broke it, his forehead still against hers. "Might I come see you again when we get back to Summerhall?"
Old 01-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #76
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona's arms lifted as Jason moved, bending to fit themselves over his shoulders and around his neck, and his lips found hers soft and willing beneath his mouth, a kiss with no rush or bashfulness. She stared up at him with a smile, her hand ruffling his hair at the back of his head.

"Of course you can come to see me," she said. "I'm busy, but never too busy to visit with you... unless Alianor is the one demanding my time. In that case, I am too busy for everyone but her, so take no offense." Her hand moved from his hair to the back of his neck, fingers drawing a spiral against his skin. "Thank you for coming to speak with me today, Jason. Your trust means so very much to me."
Old 01-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #77
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You mean so very much to me," he said in response, kissing her one more time. "And be assured, I take no offense. I know how my dear aunt can be. Which is why I will cede your company... Reluctantly, of course," he said with a sigh, but then he moved, sitting up and reaching for his undershirt and tunic. "Give me a minute... It will seem strange if I leave after you do." He pulled his shirt on, then his tunic, and then stood to tuck them back into his breeches. "Do I look presentable?"
Old 01-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #78
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona rolled over onto her back, propping herself up on the pile of cushions with her elbows as Jason dressed. "You look properly presentable. Not as if you've been half undressed in some woman's tent," she teased, then sat upright entirely, rising to her feet. "I on the other hand look as if I've been lying around on the ground with some man. Your aunt the princess will not be too scandalized I hope."

She did give her skirts a halfhearted shake, although there was little to be done for some creases here and there, and it was clear she knew it. "Now... I'd best go see what she wants before she comes here herself. You do have a way of making me want to neglect my duties."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, winona saherazai