Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 9.01 evening @ camp - cousin, where are you? (OPEN to anyone)

The rain had ruined the hunting, ruined her hair, ruined life. Well, maybe not life but but her mood was definitely soured.

Ziamara had been in a strange mood all day. She was tired of people, tired of eyes on her. She'd even excused herself from Gaiseric's pleasant conversation beneath a shade-fly shelter, pleading exhaustion. Her eyes were a bit empty of their usual brightness and she sought out one of the few members of her family who might possibly be quieter company: Kalden.

It took a while but she finally tracked him to his tent- perhaps he'd not yet changed after the hunt. Her guards were trailing but she waved them back as she walked to Kalden's pavilion, waiting until she was under the shade before she pushed her hood off her wet hair. "Kal! Are you home? I want to talk to you... so put on some clothes!"
Old 01-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

"Zee?" He had changed after the hunt, all save for his shirt...at the moment, he was shirtless. The brazier kept things warm as well as well-lit, and it was near he stood near. "What are you doing here?" Kalden jerked a loose-fitting shirt on. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, just...I could have been naked in here, for all you know." His brows raised.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I kept my back turned," She pointed out as she finished flicking the pavilion's opening back down to keep the rain from dripping in. That said she turned to face him. "And isn't it obvious? I'm hiding from Kain and Kellan. The rain's got everyone penned up and they're getting insufferable in their boredom."
Old 01-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That makes my potential embarrassment so much better," he said, a dry note in his voice. "And gods, Kain and Kellan are insufferable even when they're not bored...Kain's even more insufferable now." Oh boo hoo, my beautiful looks are ruined, cry, cry, sob. He rolled his eyes. "But they know well enough to leave me alone when I say I don't want their company...I don't mind your company, however." Kalden held his hand out. "Come, over here, where you can get warm..."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed and reached out to take his hand, squeezing it gently. "And for that, I am relieved. I'd be ready to poison you if you put me in the same category as those two." Ziamara's eyes flicked toward the door again, and then she just went to hug Kalden. "I hope the rain didn't spoil your hunting too much today. It certainly spoiled everyone's moods."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #6
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He shook his head as he hugged her. "Raining during a hunt is not the worst thing I have suffered, Zee, and I daresay anyone who is complaining about that...they know it's not the worst thing they have suffered either. They just want something to bitch and moan about." Kalden stepped out of her hug, and gave her a lopsided grin. "If you want a seat, I'll pretend to be a good host for a moment and I'll get you some wine."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Wine would be a relief." She turned away to put her hands over the brazier to get a little warmth back. The day was warm but chills always seemed to sink into her bones. She looked over at her cousin. "You really ought to have had a girl in her, Kalden. I thought you might even-- there's been so many staring after you every day."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #8
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, if you listen to the rumors--" he poured wine into two cups and handed her one. "--apparently I like men. That is why I don't have girls come into my tent. And those who stare at me, even if I had noticed...which I haven't...are more than likely little twits who've never even kissed a man, let alone pleasured one in any way." He sat down in a free chair near the brazier, and motioned to the other one so Zee could see it was there. "I'm not in the mood to be the tutor."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara's brow raised as she sipped the wine he'd given her. "Well, you could try Alys," she said with a soft laugh. "You wouldn't be tutoring that one, love."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:42 AM   #10
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No," he stated. One word, one sharp syllable. "It's already bad enough I have to marry Alys...I don't want her getting ideas that I desire her any more than I already do." Kalden glanced toward the entrance flaps of his tent, the sound of the rain a bit entrancing. "Which is very little."
Old 01-12-2015, 12:59 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She walked over to Kalden and put her hand on his leg, kneeling down in front of him, unconcerned about the state of the rug on the ground-cloth. It was dry in here so the dust would come off. "Kalden... I can help you with getting that marriage arrangement... rearranged. If you want," she said gently. "If it's that bad... you only need to ask."
Old 01-12-2015, 01:16 AM   #12
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He covered his eyes with one hand, and rubbed. "I know her brother died...gods, I lost family too during the war. We all have. But I don't go around court constantly getting drunk on snow wine and embarrassing myself with my antics." Kalden uncovered his eyes and looked down at her. Gods, he sometimes felt much older than twenty and seven, with the way he complained about things. "I want a lady. Not someone like Alys, who refuses to grow up and who acts like a child. If you think you can help..." he took a large gulp of his wine. "...be my guest."
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara sighed. "I do understand, Kal. And I can help..." Gods knew it might be worth it. Alys needed someone who would care, and Kalden needed someone who wasn't the least bit like Alys... Maybe she could talk to her father into changing the arrangements.

"Father might listen to me if I brought it up. Certainly he might listen to Charlotte..." Ziamara settled on the ground and set her cup down to set about unbuckling her wet leather shoe and toss them over by the brazier to dry out faster.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:01 AM   #14
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I trust you to know exactly how to bring it up," he nodded, and watched as he removed her shoes. "And if uncle refuses, then it is what is, and this betrothal is my punishment from the gods for whatever slight they see fit to hold against me." Kalden would bed Alys only when extremely drunk, and stop the moment she produced him a son, if it came down to that.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'll sort it out." She cast a tired smile at him. "And then you owe me one hell of a favor if I do, all right? I'd ask for your firstborn but I'm afraid you might oblige."
Old 01-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #16
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Now that you mention it..." he laughed. "...but you can think of something else later, I'm sure. Like...hmm. I can yell at someone, or reduce them to tears...just say the word."
Old 01-12-2015, 02:23 AM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Actually... there is a far more minor matter." She smiled. "Do you think you can remember how to be charming...?"
Old 01-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #18
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Being charming is not all that difficult," he shrugged. "Why? Who are you wanting me to charm the pants--or the skirts--off of now?"
Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mm, not so much you charming anyone as..." Ziamara paused to sort out how to phrase it. "Since the court's mostly disbanded, I need some help... with Lucia. She's taken it in her head to at long last become more courtly. Unfortunately... well. This is Lucia. Her flirting- or her attempts at it... seem to have gone..." Zee lifted her hand an wagged her fingers in a motion meant to emulate scattering seeds to the wind.

"I wouldn't ask if were anyone else, but you know Lucia has difficulty trusting men, and even more difficulty sorting out what not to say... and she insists on treating everything like some sort of magisterial inquest. If she has more than one person helping, perhaps she'll catch on faster."
Old 01-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #20
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And why the sudden want to be courtly? As long as I've known her, she's done her best to shy away from being courtly...what, does she fancy some guy and now wants advice on how to get him into her bed?" Kalden looked amused.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed. "Yes, she fancied someone... but it was brought to her attention that perhaps... well. He didn't return her affections, exactly... perhaps he thought her too childish." Ziamara shrugged. "And she's realized she's almost twenty and father has not yet arranged a match for her- not even once. She wants to prove herself to the family- that she could be trusted to maintain the role of a lady."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:18 AM   #22
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, isn't that cute," he crooned. "The girl who swore she didn't care one fig about such things actually does. Does she even know that you're asking me to do this? Probably not, I daresay, or she would have already yelled at me about it."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course she would be yelling if she knew," Ziamara said with a look at him. "But don't give me that dismissive tone, Kalden- Lucia doesn't care so much about this, but I do know the games better than she does. I know what she's about to undertake... and she needs your help. I want you to agree first, then I'll deal with Lucia."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #24
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He stared at her, what little joviality his tone held disappearing entirely. "Dismissive. If I was being dismissive, I wouldn't even be agreeing to helping her right now. Of course I'll help her. 'No' isn't even a option." Court was an ocean of sharks...and if they smelled blood, they would attack. Kalden did not want to leave any member of his family to such mercies if they needed his aid.

"I do know I'll be traveling to Dragore around Corvidum, so if you need my help, I can help until then, and definitely after I get back."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:57 AM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara's own expression grew serious and more thoughtful. "I know, Kal... I- I apologize. It's... been a--" Ziamara shook her head and fell silent for a moment. "Thank you. Helping her now and after- before the court truly gathers for the Holy Days, would be greatly appreciated."
Old 01-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #26
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am not a god, and though your beauty rivals the gods, neither are you. Even with our tutelage, we cannot expect miracles...but Lucia is a fast learner. Whatever we teach her she will apply as quickly as she learns it...and whatever she is still unsure of, she can pretend." Court was full of pretenders, anyhow.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And she may need to learn it quickly." Ziamara turned to look toward the door. "I think Lucia's earned Charlotte's ire somehow. It's always possible Charlotte will not care by the time we get to Volorro, but then again... Charlotte does as Charlotte wishes. I'm hoping Lucia's better prepared before we arrive."
Old 01-13-2015, 10:50 PM   #28
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Everyone has earned her ire at one point or another, but I do agree, always better to err on the side of caution." He gave a roll of his eyes. "One day, if ever it is possible, I am going to lock myself in my chambers and just drink wine from sunrise to sunset. Just to get away from all the bullshit for a while."
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She looked at him with a grin. "You'd be bored stiff if you even lasted half the day."
Old 01-15-2015, 01:18 AM   #30
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh I would not." Kalden scowled. "My father can drink barrels of wine and still sit at a table and devise halfway decent strategies on how to kick someone's ass. If he can do that, I can sit in my chambers and get drunk all day just for the hell of it."
Closed Thread

Tags
kalden vellfyre, ziamara fairchild