Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Default 8.31.30 | Blood and Sand | Jason [open-ish?? ask first]

He remembered when he was younger how Ryan Seyfert explained to him that there existed a darkness that was more profound than any tunnel or cave and that unlike the night, it existed in the hearts of men. He had taken it as dramatic. Words disguised as poetry to justify the need to take up arms and learn to fight. Vindication for a lifetime spent honing skills that made soldiers and killers. Now that he was older, he knew that it was true... That there were some places so dark, so terrible... that even the gods abandoned them to their fate. That was the case here... There was no hope or light to be found here.

He would die... And he would be left to wander the underworld... alone... All alone.

The crack echoed against the walls and so did his cry. His body jolted, his entire back tensing for the seconds following the tearing of his flesh... and then he felt the warmth covering his skin... And then another crack... Jason jumped, knocking the bottle next to his bed with his hand, sending it flying and shattering against the leg of a chair some four or five feet away. That is what had the tent flap opening in the next instant. Another crack... Jason fell out of his bed, another cry of pain. And then the searing... The smell... Jason began to struggle, flailing. His head nearly hit the table, his feet and arms lashing out.

Jackson ran forward, barking orders to fetch Vayth or Vaughn... whoever they found first... It had been weeks... He had hoped... Thought... Even prayed... but here it was again. "Your highness!" he called, trying to wake him from his memory.

His hands reached for his shoulders to pin him, trying to keep him from injuring himself on the furniture around him. Hells, he wasn't even sure he hadn't hurt his hand again when he fell from the bed... "Wake up. Jason, please wake up," Jackson urged. The shouts muffled in his head... becoming demands... orders... And Jason reached out with both hands to push the attacker away... Maybe they'd kill him instead of torture... Then it would be over. Jackson grunted when the prince's fist connected with his cheek, and it caused him to be pushed back, releasing the grip on the prince who then flailed again. It wasn't until he heard a loud thud that the prince went still.

"Your highness!" Jackson gasped.

Jason's cried out again and his eyes shot open when a new pain was introduced... and it took him a moment... His eyes darted around the dungeon... No. Not a dungeon. A tent... Where the hells was he? He held his breath... laying perfectly still... trying to put the pieces together. Meanwhile, Jackson had pulled out his kerchief and covered Jason's ear to try to stop the bleeding that came from when he'd finally hit the table. At least it hadn't been the back of his head as Jackson had feared it would be.

"Don't worry, your highness..." Jackson said calmly. "It was just a dream. Help is coming."
Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Rhaegar was drunk as shit. He hadn't meant to be but then Shev had opened a bottle of Kartheen brandy and they'd been mixing it with some green shit from Solarii and some rum from gods-knew-where and then someone was running up to say the prince required him.

He got to his feet, and walked (slowly) to the prince's tent, which wasn't all that far. Jason had gone to bed before the Golden Sons started in on dice, because Jason had the sense the gods gave a rock...

And apparently a similar skull to match.

Rhaegar blinked as he stepped into the lantern-lit tent. "Prince." A pause, a half-bow and then: "Jackson... what's befallen?"
Old 01-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"One of his nightmares," he explained, lifting the kerchief to see if the bleeding stopped. But then he looked back up at Rhaegar, his brow raising. "I tried to pin him down, but... he hit his head on the table. Help me get him back in the bed."
Old 01-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Rhaegar swore in Asseryan, carefully tucking the tent flap closed again before he let go of it. He crossed to the bed and got hold of Jason's shoulder then looked over at Jackson. "On three..."

And on the count, he half-hauled, half-tossed the Crown Prince of Edolon upward like a particularly over-stuffed bag of grain.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was when he was back on the bed that he breathed again, and his hand went to his forehead, blinking in quick succession. "I... Water... I need water..." he choked, his throat feeling as dry as the sands he had dreamt of. Jackson swore when he realized it had been on the table that he'd hit, and that the pitcher had fallen to the side, emptying the water. He strode to the flap where Varric was about to enter, and snapped at the boy to go get water for the prince. He looked about, seeing a few figures and wondering if they'd heard... He couldn't make them out in the darkness... but damn it all...

"Varric will be back with water soon," he said. "How's the cut look, Lord Rhaegar? Should I send for Draven?"
Old 01-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, he's swearing. That's a good sign..." Rhaegar got hold of Jason's arm. "Prince. Eyes open and tell me where the fuck you are. Water later." It was a captain's command, not that he expected it to work on Jason but it was the usual tone he employed when trying to snap a soldier into order.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #7
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He opened his eyes and stared right in Rhaegar's... It usually took him a moment... and sometimes longer... It was always difficult to separate which parts were real and which were dreams. He blinked again. "This... this isn't Charn..." he said with a shaky voice. "I... I don't know... Edolon? Summerhall...?" He remembered the hunts... but he wasn't sure if it was all a dream now. If he'd just been rescued and... "We're... not in Summerhall anymore?"
Old 01-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We just sold your sister to Meridiez... shit, no. Your cousin, that's it. Pretty blond one, not the dim one... Rosina. That one." Rhaegar patted the prince's shoulder. "Headed back to Summerhall. And I killed a boar the other day." He grinned. 'You might've helped."
Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #9
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That... is not how I remember it..." Jason grimaced, bringing his hand in front of his face to see the blood. "I couldn't remember if that was real or just..." He gave his head a quick shake again. "Help me to sit up. I need... to try to make sense of things."
Old 01-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #10
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Rhaegar bent enough to get his arm behind Jason and help heave him upward a bit. It wasn't graceful- he was too drunk for graceful. "Well you hit your head, I wouldn't worry about misremembering a hunt or two. You want a full report on your surroundings or you pretty sure you remember who not to kill?"
Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #11
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ass..." Jason said, groaning but then grinning. "Sure... Run it down for me. I think... it will help if nothing else."
Old 01-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #12
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Let's see... we're in Edolon. You have two sisters, one of which is throwing a hell of a fit about her Trimerid husband, and the other one's marrying Vaughn with even less enthusiasm... You've got a mountain midget to wed and you hate the very sight of her. There's no one worth killing, no battles worth waging, and I can't for the life of me imagine we're going to have anything more interesting than a boar to kill between now and our beards going grey..."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #13
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason couldn't help but laugh even if his head felt like it'd been split by a sword. "A... mountain midget? Careful nobody hears you say that, Rhaegar. She's been known to go for the cheap shots." He groaned and looked up when Varric came in with water, and he took the cup and drank greedily. "Perish the thought..." he said to the last. "Give it time. I'm sure my father will be sending us West ere long."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #14
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Word is he's sending Gavin in a month. I'd send Alek with him- the man's half mountain goat. Better keep him away from your intended, they might get along- shared fondness for kicking."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #15
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm not worried about it," he chuckled, handing the cup back to Varric. "Alek, that is. Elonia? A bit more, actually. Don't worry, Vayth. I suspect it won't be too long before we're taking up the sword again. Though... I fear you might already have some gray in those whiskers of yours."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #16
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have no grey in my whiskers but what you put there."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 PM   #17
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I did not put THAT many," he said, looking at his chin. "Maybe some of them... but surely not ALL of them."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #18
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You'd be surprised, Prince. You're hell keeping up with... and since becoming your champion... my gods. The crisis never ends. I don't know how Ser Mark's survived your sister all these years... I wonder if that's where Vaughn is? Word was she and a friend got caught in Wolfe's tent last night. "
Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #19
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes... This month must have been very trying..." Jason said rolling his eyes. "And... there's a question, isn't there? I'm always impressed by Ser Mark's patience. Maybe Vaughn can learn from him..." He chuckled and reached up again, feeling the cut beginning to scab. "She does shit like that... I'm not overly worried about it. At least not until my mother gets pissed off because her ladies follow her example..."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #20
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Shit, Jason, at this point why don't you marry her to Mark? He's about the only one who might survive without going mad." He glanced at Jason. "Your mother's riding ahead, by the way. Just heard that earlier after you went to bed... She's going on to Volorro before we return, probably. Making some elaborate rigamarole about your wedding. In Asserya they usually have the bride helping with that but I notice your puppy is still skipping around camp."
Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 PM   #21
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Good that she is... It will save me the trouble of having to ride ahead to catch them just to bring her back. I made it clear my mother's to have nothing to do with Parissa... Especially when nobody's there to... mediate..." he said, not sure what other word he could have used there.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #22
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Extract her claws from the girl's throat, you mean?" Rhaegar chuckled. "I saw her face at the announcement. She thinks your father picked the girl as an insult to you."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #23
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She would not have been happy with anybody father picked," Jason said. "The Solvitreos would have been an insult due to their reputations... and really... if Harrowmont or Solvitreos aren't good enough, then I don't know what more she wants."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:08 AM   #24
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The Crown Princess of Trimeris is my guess."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #25
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Gods... If that wouldn't be complicated as hells to work out..." he began, shaking his head. "Mother will just have to endure. With any luck, it won't be for much longer... I'm hoping the gods remember at some point that she's not young anymore."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #26
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's a good bit younger than your father, from her looks," Rhaegar pointed out. "I thought she must have birthed you at ten-and-six to look at her."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #27
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Evil does not age?" Jason supplied as an explanation.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:46 AM   #28
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You shouldn't admit your mother's evil, prince. You'll set people to superstition."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:55 AM   #29
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've not admitted it to any save for you and Eli... Is that enough to set people to superstition?" he asked. Jackson and Varric knew well not to tell anybody what the prince discussed with anybody he kept in his confidence. Or even out of them.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:13 AM   #30
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You've said enough about her, I've considered wearing the charms against witchcraft around her, aye."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, rhaegar vayth