Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #61
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"We weren't trying to lose her guard..." she said. "We were merely..." she sighed. "I'm sorry, then. It won't happen again." It probably would. Kain was over-reacting. "Four."

"Stop it," Jason said to Tristofer as the squire prepared to announce him. He set him aside and walked in, stopping when he saw the company gathered at the table. "Um...?"
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #62
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Parissa had picked up the dice to roll when a familiar voice outside stilled her hand and she looked up in time to see Jason standing in the tent's doorway and the dice clattered to the table.

Kain was less in awe and looked over at the dice. "16? Well done, Lady." He rolled next and got a 10. "Drink..." And then he turned to Jason with a smirk. "Highness. Look what I found wandering around in the darkness. Quite a lot prettier than my last prisoners, I admit. I was wondering if you'd let me keep the little one. That one's terribly bossy." He gestured to Lucia. "Can't imagine she'll fetch much as either ransom or slave markets..."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #63
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He sighed, looking at his cousin with a question he wasn't sure he wanted to ask, and then he walked around the table to set his hand on Parissa's shoulder. "No... I think I shall go ahead and relieve you of this one. You'll have to make due with the bossy one and hope for the best price."

Lucia took the dice again, and the glare she shot at Kain was not so heated as something else. "Can't imagine I'd have fetched much even if I wasn't bossy..." she said, throwing the dice down and rolling an eleven. "But your appraisal of me was nonetheless touching, coz."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:17 AM   #64
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa looked at Jason, bit her lip, and then took her drinks before she greeted him. "Good evening, your highness." She smiled, though the expression held a question in it. "Were you... joining us...?"

Kain laughed. "Oh, you'd fetch plenty, Lucia, so long as the men spoke only Zakkish and you spoke only Edolene."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #65
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Would you like me to, my lady?" he asked, looking down at her.

Lucia didn't give him much of a choice. She handed the dice straight to him, taking his hand and placing the dice into his palm. "Your turn..." she said.

"Damn... this one IS bossy," Jason laughed. "My lady...? If you wouldn't mind..." He took her hand to help her stand up, but before she could question what was happening (if indeed she had a mind to), he took her seat, got his arm around her waist, and drew her back to sit on his leg. "High rolls...? Table rules? Nothing against snake eyes?" he asked. Lucia shook her head and he threw the dice down after a few shakes. "Oh... lucky for me then. Snake eyes."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 AM   #66
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain's grin was absolutely wicked and Parissa looked away from him as she settled on the prince's leg. Something about being on his lap was a lot different from, well... other laps. She moved a little trying to sort out why she wanted to get up and to lean back against him at the same time.

After Jason's roll, she took the dice at Kain's gesture and rolled a thirteen, then handed them to Kain who got a five. Pari sighed and started her drinks while Kain gave the dice over to Lucia.

"At least this time there's no fish," Parissa declared. "But really... we should find more players. I'll be asleep in an hour at this rate."
Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #67
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's common for these sort of games..." Lucia said dryly. "Only... somebody might actually notice you've fallen asleep."

Jason shuffled. "Hey... we noticed... You just looked so peaceful." He smiled when Lucia rolled and got a twelve. She swore under her breath which made him chuckle. "And quiet... Mostly quiet..." He rolled again and got a three.

"Quiet? I'm soft spoken as a butterfly after you've gotten some drink into your other cousins," she laughed. "Surprised anybody could be heard of Kellan's singing."
Old 01-13-2015, 01:01 AM   #68
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Pari got a six, and Kain got a nine. "Drink," he instructed Lucia. "Though at this rate maybe we should say low roll gets the drinking, Jason..." He eyed his cousin. "Else the girls will be wilted long before you've finished a cup."

Parissa gave up her attempt at propriety leaned back so she could settle more comfortably against Jason's chest and shoulder. "Oh, I know better than to fall asleep, Lady Lucia. At least not with my shoes on," she added. "That's a rule at home. Otherwise you're fair game for pranks."
Old 01-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #69
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia drank and then reached for the dice. "I've got a few more rounds to lose before I even get close to being 'wilted,'" Lucia pointed out. "But... if we're doing low rolls, let me know before I go?" She looked to Jason who just shrugged. "Fine. Low rolls." Then she threw them and rolled a six.

Jason scooped the dice up, gave Kain a look, and then rolled an eleven. "Careful, my lady. Your shoes easily come off."
Old 01-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #70
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa turned her head a little sharply to look at Jason then smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek. "With luck like yours, I should probably just take them off now to be safe." She took the dice from him and rolled a 7, then handed them to Kain.

He smirked and rolled a 3, then drank deeply. "At least the rest of her clothes don't come off so easily?" he asked, mostly just to needle his cousin.

Parissa stared, then laughed while Kain has pushed the dice to Lucia. "Not til the wedding night, Ser."

"Remind me to volunteer for that bedding train."
Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #71
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Well... this was awkward. Lucia took the dice and rolled a two. She went ahead and put her hand on the cup. "I'll hold them for you," Lucia offered. "I do so like to be useful."

Jason turned his head to kiss her cheek in return and then grinned at Kain. "I won't need to remind you. Something tells me you won't forget... But... if it's all the same... I've seen yours... I'll sit that one out, if that's all right with you..." He rolled a five.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:33 PM   #72
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've seen mine too," he pointed out. "I'd sit it out too if I could. I'm still considering getting Gav drunk and shoving him into the chamber in my place." Parissa rolled a 12 and Kain an 8. "Drink, Luc."

"Is she really... um. Not very pretty?" Parissa asked, looking from Jason to Kain in confusion.

"She's pretty... if you're in a dark enough room," Kain allowed. "Mostly it's that she's plan and thick as a rock. I could forgive one or the other but both combined makes it a bit of a trial."

"That's... unfortunate," Parissa said, looking over at Lucia. "Maybe you could convince her the Merideen veils are pretty?"

Kain snorted. "That might help..."
Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #73
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia took hold of her cup and drank quite a bit... to keep herself from responding if nothing else. She almost spat it back out at Parissa's question.

"That might be the nicest thing you've ever said about a person," Lucia chuckled. "I... would normally strongly disagree with my cousin... but she is quite the idiot... I think a sharp mind can more than make up for a tragic countenance, but she... Well... if she were any more stupid, she'd have to be watered twice a week."

Jason laughed and nudged her. "Roll the dice, Luc. And... where the hells did you hear that one?"

She rolled a four. "I don't know... Somewhere? All I'm saying is... she's not so bad looking. I mean... don't get me wrong... there are some people who look like their faces were seen to by a diseased butcher and reapplied by a blind baker to make the ugliest cake in the world, but... she's... she's... all right?"

He cleared his throat, though he didn't hide his smile and rolled a ten. "We need to get you drinking more often, coz."
Old 01-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #74
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa's expression was confused, though it had little to do with Lucia's explanations. "Princess Zorayda always said men liked ladies to be bit dumb...?"

Kain cleared his throat. "Another drink for you, Lady Parissa, for spilling secrets of Solarii. Jason, you want to answer that question, or shall I?"
Old 01-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #75
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's not a BIT dumb," Lucia said, taking another drink even though she hadn't lost... Who had lost? Did they even roll? It didn't matter. "I'm not joking, my lady. Her head whistles in the wind... Really, it's just there to keep rain out of her neck..."

"Lucia!" Jason laughed, shaking his head. "Go ahead, Kain... I am not dumb enough to explain that one to my betrothed."
Old 01-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #76
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's as Lucia said just now... so very eloquently, might I add?" Kain said with a raised cup to his cousin before he focused on Parissa. "A girl being a bit clueless here and there, well... that can be charming. A girl having no idea how to breathe without being told... that's not charming. That's a lifetime sitting next to her reminding her to inhale." Kain made a face. "And a lifetime trying to find yourself a god damned steward you can trust since your lady wife's worse than useless."

Parissa considered that and then shrugged. "Now that you put it that way, a silly wife does sound like a chore." She sipped her drink and glanced at Jason. "I don't know why you couldn't explain that. It makes sense." She smirked then. "Unless you didn't want to because I'm completely silly...?"
Old 01-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #77
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would not have said it as... charmingly..." Jason said. "I can be quite cruel when it comes to those too stupid they should not be allowed to breed..." He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Even when I'm careful... If I believed that, my lady, I would be endeavoring to avoid you more. And yet, I rather enjoy the pleasure of your company. I shall let that be answer enough." Only he didn't. He leaned in to kiss her cheek again.

"If my cousins thought you were completely silly, you wouldn't have to guess at it," Lucia said, trying to find the dice. Who had the fucking dice. "I think you're quite lovely, actually. And... I learned how to be eloquent from you, Kain," she grinned. "Maybe that's why father's always cross."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:11 AM   #78
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain chuckled and lifted his hand from the dice. "Luc. In front of you. And if you learned my style of eloquence, I owe Kadreth a god damned drink. Maybe an apology..."

Parissa meanwhile had been completely distracted by the touch of Jason's lips and turned to kiss him. It was more to do with the warmth and dizzy dreaminess that so many rapid drinks had imbued within her blood but she giggled anyway. "Thank you. I am glad not to be avoided just yet." She turned to look at Lucia. "We should go sweets-hunting again sometime, Lady Lucia. Maybe in daylight."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #79
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"YES!" she said, laughing mid-word and snatched the dice up. "Okay... new game... Lucia loses! This is how it goes... I roll the dice... and then I lose." She threw them. It didn't matter what the number was. She reached for her cup and drank.

Jason was distracted at first, but he finally took a breath and looked at his cousin. "Yes, Kain... Definitely an apology..."

"Yes, we ought to. When the boys are hunting... Or something. I suppose your guard can come along... if he can keep up."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #80
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Slow down, coz. What are you trying to do, lose all the games at once?" He laughed but he was reaching across to grab her cup. "And I thought Ziamara was getting bad about drinking..."

Parissa sighed heavily. "Stupid guards. I didn't need one before."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #81
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I wouldn't drink so much, coz, if they'd stop making the drinks so tasty," she said with a chuckle. But she did pout when he took her cup, crossing her arms in front of her on the table, drumming her fingers on the surface. "Does that mean the game is over?"

Jason shrugged. "We could play a different one. Not one called 'Lucia loses.' Your father and Ziamara will not be glad if we let that one continue." He looked at Parissa and softly rubbed her back. "You get used to them after a while."

"Somehow... yes... It's like... having a shadow... A shadow that's not a shadow because they are people who remind you that you can't go on sweet hunts. Very loud, annoying, bothersome shadows."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #82
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa managed a lop-sided smile at Jason, and leaned into his touch but looked over at Lucia. "We could play... um. Truth or dare? Or... Circle of fire? But that needs cards, I think."

Kain raised a brow at Lucia and Parissa both. "Girls got a lot more interesting in our absence, Jason. Imagine pretty little maidens knowing those games..." Still, he filled up Lucia's cup halfway and then slid it back toward her.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #83
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Truth or dare? I haven't played that in ages... A fair warning... we ARE playing against Kain and Jason... While I'm all right with this, I just need you to, for a moment, consider the implications of... blah blah, responsibility, consequences, this is why we can't have nice things, and so on. All right... who goes first?" she asked, taking the cup and smiling gratefully at Kain.

He looked to Kain. "Didn't they, though? I think from now on, these two need to be at all of our games."
Old 01-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #84
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa considered that as much as the blurry brightness of the alcohol would allow. "Hmmm... Your point... I see it. But... it's all right. I'm sure my soon-to-be husband will make sure I'm not doing anything too interesting. Well. Not without him, anyway." Parissa laughed settled back against Jason's shoulder.

Kain chuckled. "Leave for five years, the girls learn to get their own entertainment, I suppose. All right, ladies. Truth or dare..." He picked up a single six-sided dice. "One or a six you just drink, two or four you tell a truth, three or five you must accept a dare- truths and dares are agreed upon by the other players."
Old 01-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #85
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Definitely not without me," Jason said, his arm going around her so that his hand was on her stomach, and he leaned in to grab his cup to drink from

"We've always known how to entertain ourselves, Kain," Lucia said, shaking the other in her fist. She let it go and it rolled on a three... and she paused... thinking back on his words... "Is... this a drink... or a dare? I'll do a dare. I'm not scared," she said, grinning at her cousins.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #86
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain grinned at Lucia. "Dare, baby cousin. And I dare you... huh." He was thoughtful for a moment, and then another, looking over at Jason. "The only things I can come up with are far too advanced for this early in the evening. Let's see... Ah. Apple came up with the most obnoxious Three Man rule the other night... I suggest that any time Lucia speaks she must first say 'All Hail the Queen of Asserya' first. It's that or lick her own toe..."

Parissa laughed. "I say... She's Queen of a Asserya tonight. Unless she's good at making bird noises..."
Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #87
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

"All Hail the Queen of Asserya first..." she said cheekily. "I can see how that's pretty obnoxious."

"Also a lot... more tame than I expected." Jason grinned and reached for the die, rolling a six fairly. He took a drink and then handed the dice to Parissa.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 PM   #88
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa took the dice and rolled, landing a one, and sighed with relief before she took her drink and gave the dice to Kain.

Kain rolled and then grinned as he saw it land on a six. Lucky escape.. this time. He passed it to Lucia.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:54 PM   #89
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia rolled excitedly and then... "All Hail the Queen of Asserya first fuuuuuck!" She took a drink even though that's not what three meant. "All Hail the Queen of Asserya first, I swear if I'm the only fucking one who rolls dare, I'm going to swallow the dice..."

"Don't worry, Luce. I've got more..." Jason joked.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #90
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain burst into laughter. "All right... this one... has to be worse. I apologize, coz. But.... as you're the only one here Jason won't kill for it: I say your dare is to... Kiss Jason's fiancee." And just to be safe he reached over to grab the die and hand it to Jason.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, kalden vellfyre, lucia vellfyre, parissa harrowmont