Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 02:25 AM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 8.31 night, the camp - thirty point buck - Rothgar, OPEN

The king was in a good mood. A very good mood. After a tense discussion with his wife she had ridden ahead back to Summerhall and was going to depart with part of her household at once. Nominally this was about Jason's wedding and the Holy Days but he suspected it was more to plan it while Melantha and Alianor were occupied here.

So the king relaxed in a camp chair by a fire and listened to bards singing tales while he sipped mead and half paid attention to his courtiers. Raisa would be in his tent, Charlotte was being useful... Meridiez was momentarily appeased. And he had taken down a giant buck this morning. It was a very good night.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It had taken the young man a while to scrub the sweat from the horses after the hunt. He had done it quickly though, Roland wanted to attend the feast. After all, the king had felled a thirty point buck and that was no small feat. Stags that large were few and far between. To take one down was truly incredible.

Roland sat toward the back of the crowd, listening to the stories and enjoying the laughter that echoed around him. It was a joyous night. He wished his sister and cousin could still be here for the celebration, but they had traveled back with the Queen. His eyes wandered to the king, who looked content in his chair. It was a good evening.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Salt!" The king hailed the boy and waved him over. Rothgar gave a faint smile. "You look lost, pup. Finish seeing to the horses, did you?"
Old 01-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

The boy heard his name called and he quickly jumped to his feet. Roland quickly made his way to the kings side. "Yes sire. They're all cleaned and set to bed with plenty of feed," the boy said. "And I'm not lost, I just wanted to listen to the stories."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Mm. Listen to stories." He grinned. "Not staring at the pretty singers?" Rothgar's eyes had a teasing gleam to them. "You get all your drills done with Uriel this morning?" While he supervised training for his squires when they were settled at a castle, he often delegated the lessons to Crownsguard, especially on the road- after all, who better than the strongest knights in the land to train the boys?
Old 01-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

The boy blushed heavily. "Well... um.... no?" Women were so confusing. Of course everything got more confusing when he began growing hair on his face and their dresses needed to be refitted. "Yes Sire, Ser Uriel was very... earnest this morning. Though I hope I held my own." Roland was a rather adept swordsman. He was better with throwing lessons, but he knew how to handle a sword. His real issue was his foot work. The teenager was undeniably clumsy and often tripped up.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:46 AM   #7
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"He's always earnest. I take it to mean he's left his share of bruises on your hide." Rothgar laughed. "Good. I know you're improving fast, Salt. You'll make a knight yet... one of these days." Rothgar's head tilted as he looked the kid over. "Did you grow again?"
Old 01-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #8
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

The young man chuckled. "Yes Sire. I don't think I've ever sparred with him and left without bruises." When the king mentioned his improvement, he stood a little straighter. He wanted to improve, more than anything. And make the people he cared about proud. When Rothgar asked if he had grown, the squire smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "I do hope so, your majesty. Being short at my age isn't exactly promising."
Old 01-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #9
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"No, likely not..." Rothgar gave the boy a sympathetic look. "But your father and uncle aren't too tall. You might have drawn the short straw, my boy. Never mind, you can outfight them all if you work enough at it."
Old 01-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #10
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

"I suppose I have to hope that the men on my mothers side were tall." The young man stepped aside for a servant brining the king a goblet of wine, before stepping back. "And I surely hope to sire. Even if I grow tall, being able to outfight some one is surely more important. And a good horse can always give me the height I need."
Closed Thread

Tags
roland salt, rothgar vellfyre