Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 01:35 AM   #31
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

"That wouldn't be such a bad idea..." Rhaegar gave his sister an appreciative nod. "It will familiarize you to my captains and teach the boy the words he needs. If you have time, I would... find some way to thank you."
Old 12-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #32
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Then that is settled," Maressa nodded approvingly. "Would you like us to begin come morning, or would you prefer I let Tybero rest for a few days?" she asked. The voyage they took was long and strenuous even for a grown man, let alone a boy of ten.

Maressa approached her brother and gently, carefully, put her hands on his shoulders and kissed his cheek. "There," she smiled, "That is all the recompense that I need." To see him smile at her again, to know he cared... would they ever reach that point again?
Old 12-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #33
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

"Let it wait til we are in Summerhall. He'll have the picture of how bad he is at the language by then..." Rhaegar stilled as his sister moved closer, tensed... and relaxed again as he caught her intent. Maressa's proximity was unfamiliar, but the gesture was less alien.

Rhaegar's hand came up and touched her scarred cheek, fingers lightly covering the edge of the mark. "Thank you, little sister." He leaned in to place a light kiss on her forehead. "Go enjoy your evening. You've more than earned it."
Old 12-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #34
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Rhaegar's discomfort at her display of affection stung Maressa's heart, though she knew she was being irrational about it. Brother and sister they may be, but after two decades apart, they were nothing but strangers. It would take time to develop once more the fond feelings they used to have for each other... if they ever succeed at all.

She closed her eyes as his calloused fingers touched her scar. She would not cry, she promised herself. It's been twelve years. The wound healed long ago, and so did she. The marks it left, on her skin, on her soul, were irrelevant.

Maressa smiled as he kissed her back, and stepped away when she felt his lips gone. "Rest well, brother," she said, her voice strained from emotion, but warm nonetheless, and left Rhaegar's room with a smile. But, once in the hallway, she did not return to the feast. Instead, she made her way to her own room, and prepared herself for sleep.

And only then, when the doors were closed, and her room was dark, and she was safely lying in her warm, comfy bed, did she let the tears pour out.
Closed Thread

Tags
maressa vayth, rhaegar vayth