Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 8.11.30 - evening, camp (before 'answer') - Camping Party! (OPEN)

The Golden Sons had brought some vicious blue drink called Kartheen rum, which was neither rum nor probably Kartheen but made of demon-spit and flowers. Apparently, after enough of it one could see ghosts, spirits, and all manner of beautiful sights.

Exactly why this was a good idea to drink while playing Three Man and Circle of Death, Ziamara had already forgotten. Someone had broken out the first bottle that afternoon before they had even dismounted, and while the camp was being set up the drinking continued, along with the singing, playing and dancing.

The summer twilight was casting everyone in a beautiful glow; Ziamara was spinning in the arms of someone young, handsome and tall... his dark hair and accent marked him for a Wolfe, but earlier it had been a Shoresman. Alianor was already in her tent with a headache, but Zee was feeling... perfect. Otherworldly.

She smiled brightly at a handsome knight who held out her cup for her, and she took a long drink from it. The small copse of woods nearby was already teeming with adventurous nobles calling out to the others to come see this wonder or that, and by the sound of it someone was leading a merry ring dance around a tree to much hysterical laughter.

Everyone was here. Everyone was alive. The world was dry and bright and warm. For the moment, the war was far away. Summerhall was too. She reached out to grab her younger cousin's hand as she saw Lucia passing by.

"Let's join the woodsmen!" she suggested with a grin. "What say you, coz? Think we might find Bromios in there...?"
Old 12-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #2
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

She was trying to figure out why her tongue felt strange. She kept licking her lips... trying to touch her nose with it. A few people commented on her tongue and offered to help her explore the issue further, but she wasn't sure exactly how they could help so she politely declined. She emptied more of her cup. The shit tasted like shit but it was the best shitty-tasting shit she'd ever had, and she was determined to find much more of it until somebody pulled her into another time. At least... it seemed like that at first. She closed her eyes tight, her laughter came out in a burst, almost like a scream, and she gripped her cousin's arms to hold herself steady.

"I can't feel my tongue," she said in a heavy tone.

She turned to find the woods. They were there a second ago. "Where did I leave those woods?" she asked, still smacking her lips. "Oh... trees... I see them. Let's go... Bromius should not be kept waiting. Ever. It would be rude."
Old 12-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was positive Mark was somewhere nearby thinking of strangling her, but that only made Ziamara laugh more as she hugged Lucia. Yes, all the woods... the dark and velvety woods... velvet? Well, why not. It was a pretty word.

"Gods do appreciate it when you're prompt. I think." She tugged Lucia with her toward the woods, calling out a greeting as she saw a familiar feminine figure- and a couple of male ones. There were pipes being played somewhere in the wooded shadows, and drums now too... She shivered with anticipation at that. Drums always made it better...
Old 12-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She wasn't sure where they were. In a painting. One way better than the one in Kingsport. She thought of Kingsport and suddenly wanted mead... and honey... and bread. Her stomach growled. "Shush you," she said, putting both hands on it and talking as if it were listening. "My... boots keep sinking into the ground here," she told her. "Hold on... Let me take them off," she said, sitting down on the dirt to try to pull them off. "Help!" she begged meekly.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:56 AM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Giggling, Ziamara turned to reach down and grab her cousin's boot, tugging hard until it moved with a sudden sound of popped stitches. Zee yelped and fell back, stumbling hard against an oak tree's stern trunk. "Ooph. For a second I thought you were Mark," she informed the wood with a laugh.

"Lucia, you need new boots." She tossed the one in her hand into the brush and shrieked with laughter when someone in the bush yelled in surprise and stumbled to his feet, followed by a mostly naked lady. "Whoops..."
Old 12-22-2014, 02:07 AM   #6
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yeah..." she agreed, looking at the stump and wondering why it was yelping. She got to her feet and peered over it and the bush... and then started laughing. "Oh gods... Look at it," she said, pointing. "Is... Is it supposed to look like that? Don't move, son, it's waving at me now... Oh shit, it twitched! I can't see this!" she laughed, turning and running deeper into the woods.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:18 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was meaning to follow Lucia but laughing could not happen at the same time as walking. The princess fell into a giggling heap of silk and golden hair, laughing herself breathless. "Lu... careful... of the... the... Bromiads... and their very strange cocks..." she added the last part in a whispered giggle. Mark was going to murder her when he caught up...
Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 AM   #8
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia probably should have stopped running, but Alianor was going to kill her if she found out she was waved at by a man's cock. So she ran a littler further. And then stopped. Turned. Turned again. Shit... Which tree did she recognize? Hells, they all looked the same. "Hey! Keep yelling...! I think the woods moved..."
Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The crashing of a dancing herd of cattle... or drunken nobles interrupted the game of chase she'd been about to engage in with Lucia. Ziamara found herself swept up into a raucous round of recognition and then skipping embraces.

"Follow us! Lucia! Quick! I think we're playing Chase the Fae or something..."
Old 12-22-2014, 02:48 AM   #10
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She just had to follow the sounds. She stepped on something sharp and cursed, but eventually she was back where she started. The man with the penis was gone, so that was good. And she had to squint to see where Ziamara was. "Where are my boots?" she wondered. She couldn't chase the Fae without boots.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:09 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"One's in the bush the other's---"

"A barefoot nymph!" Someone tall and obviously excited swooped toward Lucia, and it took even Ziamara a moment to realize it was Kellan, which made her laugh.

"Oh, no, we're going to have to carry you, I think..." Zee sighed as she looked around but the crowded darkness was going to make a search impossible. Why was she so drunk...? Everything kept shifting around her, like it wasn't a wood at all but just a dreaming wood...
Old 12-22-2014, 03:19 AM   #12
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was flying. So high up! And then her eyes were closed and she patted Kellan on the back. "Don't spin so fast... Unless you really don't like your tunic," she warned.

"Where the Son that gave me this drink... I need to kiss him... and then kick him... Corvus' Cock... this shit's real... real something..."
Old 12-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Though Maressa took a cup of the Kartheen rum when offered for the sake of politeness, she barely had a few sips of it, and mostly just carried her cup around for show. She had never been partial to overindulgence of any kind, but especially when it came to drink. Inebriation disabled ones faculties and left them helpless and vulnerable, a situation she never had the intention to consciously put herself in.

She also declined to partake in the fun and games, too afraid that the drunken gentlemen would keep misunderstanding 'no' for 'yes' and fail to keep their hands to themselves. She had made the mistake of believing them capable of more once too many to wish to repeat the experience.

Instead, she observed the other players, and laughed heartily at their exploits. They barely seemed to remember the rules of the game, but they seemed to have all the more fun for it, too. As they walked off into the woods, Maressa nodded to a few guards, just in case they needed intensive to follow the players and keep them safe, and then slowly moved after them herself, keeping her distance and observing them with the look of an indulgent mother hen. The way things were going, they might need someone with a sober head to take charge soon enough... might as well be her.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Kissing him sounds like a promising start, Lu." Kellan was laughing but Ziamara was too busy trying to remember how her hands worked. If she could stop laughing she could probably get up on her feet again...

Giggling, she looked up and caught sight of Maressa. "My gods, Mar, how do you manage all that..." The words failed her and Ziamara made a wavy hand gesture. "All that... what is that you're being? Composed? Yes! You're so... composed... I think I forgot how to do that..."

Someone's hand reached down to pull Ziamara up to her feet and she thanked the person without being sure who they were. Instead she walked toward her former good-sister. "You are very pretty, you know that? We should... see you in this light more often... gods, I need to sober up, don't I? Jason's going to strangle me... if Mark doesn't beat him to it."

She really did not want to see her champion's face when he inevitably found her. Maressa was a much nicer face. Lots prettier. Zee laughed at that thought and lifted her arms, face tipping back. "We're in sooo much trouble. Isn't it fun?"
Old 12-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #15
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa let out a soft laugh. "I wish I could attribute it to my moral strength, Your Highness, but I'm afraid I'm simply not fond of drink," she replied mirthfully, "And, tonight, that unfortunate birth defect has proven to be my salvation." Gods, but she would never forgive herself if she were to end up in such an undignified state! She could not understand what was it about inebriation that made people enjoy it, but she judged them not for their pleasures, dubious as they were (and rightfully expected them to repay the favour in kind).

As the Princess seemed far too insecure on her feet, Maressa stopped and waited until Her Highness finally reached her. She took a hold of Princess Ziamara's hands, and used all of her strength to help the young woman stand upright. She chuckled to the compliments received, less eloquent and far more blunt than she was usually prone to paying Maressa. "I am happy my Princess approves," she said with a smile. She too was quite pleased with her look of the evening, and grateful for the praise.

"For a given value of 'fun'," she replied with a gracious nod. Personally, Maressa would prefer a good book. "Though I have faith His Highness would be would be inclined to be forgiving tonight," she concluded... and then, with an evil smile on her face, added: "And consider the monumental hangover you are bound to suffer come morning punishment enough." And Maressa could not agree more.

Last edited by Maressa Vayth; 01-02-2015 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Lapis calami :P
Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #16
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"But I don't want to kiss him!" Lucia protested.

Kellan at least caught that and stopped spinning. "And who, pray, does dearest Lu wish to kiss instead?" There was a jest in his words, but anybody who knew him well could hear the edge in his voice. Lucia did know him well, but with the blue shit in her head...

"That's... ugh... none of your concern. Seriously... put me down," she said, and he did, his hand staying on her shoulder to keep her from teetering even though he wasn't so steady on his own feet.

"Holy shit, you're really going to be sick, aren't you?" he laughed. "You're a Vellfyre, coz. You need to learn to hold your drink."
Old 12-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa's reminder did strike a note of logic in Ziamara's tumbled thoughts. "Hmm... you have a point. I shall have to make sure my brother gets equally drunk. Then he cannot be superior about it tomorrow." She giggled and leaned against Maressa, turning to look at her cousins.

"Oh, no... Lucia... you can't go kissing someone if you're going to be sick. It's rude. There was this poor boy the summer I got wed... I felt ever so bad about his tunic. It was a lovely tunic.. .and a lovely dance right til Uncle Keegan's wine was decorating it..." A beat. "The tunic, not the dance. I wonder what his name was..."

Kellan shot a look at Ziamara. "If you ever recall it, do let me know."

Zee sniffed. "It could have been you, frankly. I think I threw up on you at least once... but in my defense, you started it that time..." She tilted her head and looked at Maressa. "Did you have nursery-mates, 'Ressa? They're so bothersome."
Old 12-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #18
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa thanked the Gods for her ample physical strength, and stoically played the gardening pole to Princess Ziamara's beanstalk. And what a loopy beanstalk it was, she thought as she slipped her arm under the Princess' waist to help her stay up and more-or-less straight. "Indeed, Your Highness. My dam and sire chose to bestow five siblings upon me," she replied sweetly, "Though, as my brothers would happily testify, out of the six of us, I was the bothersome one." She could not help but chuckle to the memory of the lengths the boys went through to get away from her when they were children, refusing to play with a girl. But Maressa was no less a force to be reckoned with then than she was now, and eventually won her place among them. What a pity life could not remain so simple as they grew up...

Last edited by Maressa Vayth; 01-02-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Lapis calami :P
Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She blinked remembering she'd just said that. Did she really want to kiss him? That seemed an absurd concept. She had never been particularly inclined to kiss a person in particular. Sure, a person in general, but it had been less about the person and more about the kissing.

"Oh... Kell-face... I couldn't tell you who I wished to kiss... You'd try to kill him and he'd destroy you."

Kellan's smile vanished almost instantly. "Now I'm utterly convinced you like the wrong sort of people, coz."

"Brothers will happily testify anything if it means they aren't the bothersome one."
Old 12-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #20
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course she does. She likes people like you!" Zee sing-songed at Kellan and then grinned at Maressa. The world was set upon going in strange directions but she was getting accustomed to it... Ziamara did her best to straighten up though Maressa remained taller than she.

"Five? My gods. Father's had that many but not all at once, thank Maia. I just had... cousins. Kellan, Kain... Val later... but I did spend a lot of time chasing after Jason and Rollant. I think they must've been nicer than your brothers." Jason had been so much easier- he liked books, and he didn't mind her reading them if she didn't ask him about the words too often. Rollant had just used her for a game prop... she was fairly sure he'd tried dropping her out a window once. Not a very tall window, but still... "I know I wasn't the bothersome one. That was Kain," she concluded.

"No, that was the annoying one. Bothersome was definitely you..." Kellan's cheerful correction made Ziamara snort.

"Maressa, could you stop being collected and kick my cousin for me?"
Old 12-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #21
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Maressa laughed. "Happy to oblige... if only my Princess would allow me to say my farewells beforehand, for somehow I doubt His Grace, the King, will take my kicking his kin about well," she teased, but her mind stayed as alert as always. She not only observed the Princess and Lady Lucia in the event that they might need her aid in some way, but also Lord Kellan. He was Bryony's betrothed, and Maressa was still unsure as to what to think about that. Politically speaking, it was a more than favourable match... but there was more to marriage than politics, and she would've preferred to see her sister satisfied with her married life.

On the outside, though, Maressa's cheer remained unfaltering, and she turned to Lord Kellan with an apologetic smile. "Pray, forgive me, near-goodbrother," she asked of him jestingly, "But royal orders are not to be ignored."
Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #22
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If you can reach my face, my lady, you're welcome to kick it," he laughed.

Lucia shoved him to try to make him teeter or at least get his face closer to the ground. It didn't work and she wound up pushing herself back and stumbling over her own feet to land on her rear. She whined when she hit. It must have sounded like a cry because a very drunk Kellan turned with his eyes widening.

"Shit... Are you all right?" he asked, bending to help her up.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The day my father takes any man seriously who complains of being abused by a lady is the day Bromios walks the world again. I'm sure my cousins' had far worse hits than your shoe..." She almost darted forward to shove Kellan herself but Lucia had beaten her to it- and gone skidding down into the mud.

"Oh, Lu! Your dress!" Ziamara gasped. "Alianor's going to actually murder us..." Her champion and brother would lecture, but Alianor would do far worse. "Kellan, don't be a dunce! Help her up. We should go back to camp... you can say you..." She stopped, her expression blank.

"Maressa, what is a good excuse for this much mud...?"
Old 12-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #24
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"When the time comes, I shall remind you both of those words," Maressa threatened, laughing as she thought that her bodyguard and trainer would very much disagree on the amount of damage Maressa was capable of inflicting with her dainty lady's foot. But they were all preoccupied with Lady Lucia's misfortune to bother themselves with witty banter... or kicking, for that matter.

Leaving her Princess to find her own footing (but making sure that she does not do so too abruptly, lest her wobbly balance crumbles completely), Maressa rushed to help Lady Lucia out of the mud. "Nothing that would satisfy Her Highness, I'm afraid," she replied to Princess Ziamara as she concentrated on her cousin, and sure than everyone knew which 'Her Highness' did Maressa refer to, "But, if we hurry, the dress can be salvaged, at least." She turned to the Princess and Lord Kellan. "We will need a diversion, though, if we are to sneak Lady Lucia into camp unnoticed," she said, the implication being that they better come up with one of their schemes if they mean their lady cousin well.

Last edited by Maressa Vayth; 01-02-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Lapis calami :P
Old 12-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #25
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia took Kalden's hands and bent her foot to be picked up, but he more or less picked her up without her help in the matter and then lifted her off her feet again. "And... what did we learn?" he asked, cradling her against him.

"That you're an ass who can't be knocked over..."

"Very good... Now... as for Alianor... you could just tell her the truth and say that Lucia was clumsy and fell down...?"
Old 12-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #26
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The truth...?" Ziamara said blankly, staring at Kellan then glancing at Maressa. "It would be novel." She laughed and gave a shrug. "All right. Truth. Lucia forgot how feet work."

Zee's expression turned worried again and she adjusted her hold on Maressa. "Let's just hope I don't forget too... The trees look very... confusing..."
Old 12-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #27
(Lady) Maressa Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Excellent choice," Maressa nodded approvingly, though she had her worries about the Queen's talent to somehow make everything that went wrong around the castle her Princess' fault. Still, they had to hope that she woman might appreciate their frankness enough to forgo the compulsion this one time.

She took a firm hold of Princess Ziamara, one hand circling the young woman's waist, and the other holding her hand. "Don't look at the trees," she told her with a smile, "Look at me. The Kartheen rum may make the world spin and wave, but I remain steady." She jested, a bit to lighten the mood, and a bit to remind her Princess that she would stand as her aid and, if need be, protection, for as long as her strength would hold her.
Closed Thread

Tags
lucia vellfyre, maressa vayth, ziamara fairchild