Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default 4.24 Evening - Assessments - Melantha/Open

It was already her fourth circuit through Moonspire this evening, ostensibly to check for more messengers after the news of Edric, or to settle a fretful household. In truth, Melantha was purposefully being a bit demanding with the Carolins in order to see who would wash out of her short list for additions to the King's entourage. She didn't have much to work with; there were higher hopes for Fairgrove, or she could have just taken the last few girls from Rosette and let that House die off peaceably. The twins were still on her list, so she was watching how they handled the chaos.

Plus, there was the issue of the princess' pregnancy to think on. Melantha needed to lighten any burden on Parissa, and soon, as the travel was going to be a poor enough companion. That meant filling out the households as soon as possible. She also needed to look in on Tyana and see how she was handling her twin's absence, now that they were within reach of House Solvitreo. And then of course, greet her nephew Jayr...

Finding a temporarily unoccupied solar with a blessedly soft chair, Melantha tersely ordered wine, and took a moment to readjust the bandages on her healing arm.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

"Do they bother you?"

His voice carried from the doorway where he'd been leaning against it for a little less than a minute. It was a lazy stance, legs crossed at the ankles, one arm up on the post while the other hung lazily at his side, holding a bottle. Without further preamble, he moved, walking into the solar, blue eyes fixing on her arm.

"The bandages, I mean. Do you need them changed?"
Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
demoted to extra

Although she jumped slightly, showing how little she was paying attention, Melantha took a deep breath and nodded, which made her words more humored and less terse as she replied, "Everything bothers me." She dropped her fingers to the bandages again. "Yes...I've been too shorthanded to pass off some more menial tasks to ladies of the court, and I keep ruining the clean ones that Lanius puts on there. It's healing fine, but the itching can be unbearable if I am not careful." Sighing, she looked up at him. "Your Highness...you are looking handsome today, though. Better rested." It was more the frank assessment of a friend than anything overt.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #4
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such is how it gets as we get older, I think," he said, moving to sit beside her, hands going to her arm. "May I?" he asked, eyes meeting hers. Then he smiled. "Was I not looking handsome yesterday? I suppose we cannot all be so fortunate as you. Even on your worst days, you could never be called anything less than beautiful."
Old 03-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #5
demoted to extra

"Yes, please," Melantha conceded with a bit of relief, letting him take over the rewrapping of the bandages. "Doing this one handed is an exercise in frustration."

At his compliment, her smile widened. "Flatterer," she answered, affectionately. "You have a lovely young lady that speaks to you of your handsomeness and virility daily, so I know you don't need me to reassure you. Speaking of which, I hope the lady Vikary is well? I've had so little time to see to those outside my immediate duties."
Old 03-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His fingers moved deftly to fix her bandages, a pleasantly content look on his face as he worked.

"You are every bit deserving of such a compliment without it being flattery," he said. He did smile at her, eyes flicking up to hers for a moment. "She is. She managed to avoid serious injury. Which is more than I can say for either of us," he said, gesturing to his stomach.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #7
demoted to extra

"I am grateful the gods spared her any such pain," Melantha answered, sincerely. "I am healing well enough, if a bit slow for my liking. Are you doing the same? I know you, Bryce, you are even less likely to take things easy than I am. I am too busy fretting..." Her smile faltered for a moment. "I keep waiting for a messenger to deliver me the same news your sister received not that long ago. Kalden's health was...so very poor."
Old 03-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #8
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Kalden is twice the man my nephew was," Bryce said bluntly. And he would deny ever saying it if Alianor managed somehow to hear him say it. Impossible, certainly, but his sister was often surprising in her ways. "And has the strength of both his mother and his father. If anybody can survive... never doubt it would be him." He rubbed his stomach and shrugged. "The wound doesn't open anymore. So there's that."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, melantha vellfyre