Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 4.24.31 | To Be Something You Are Not | Bryce, Evening

Did she take it too far? She peered into the mirror glumly staring at the girl that was looking back at her. If someone gave her red, black or white paint to use as war paint would be far more interesting than what she had planned for the evening's feast.

Her hair was brushed out and braided into a single braid then coiffured in a bun at the back of her head affixed with plain pins and no elaborate jewelry. At some point, her new maid thought she was sick or mourning someone and Tyana did not even realize how much she looked to be a martyr, but that would remain between her and her maid.

The smoky kohl look was avoided and just a request to keep the makeup light with the idea of looking like she wore none at all continued on as a huge break in her usual regiment. A thin line of kohl was used and gently feathered out to blend into almost nothing along with a bit of colorless bee's wax to soften her lips sans the rouge along with no blush on her cheeks.

Even her gown for the evening was frighteningly plain and most of the Solvitreos might think something was wrong with her, but as long as the news gets out of her 'change' to her father, perhaps it all might just work out in the end. It was just while they were in Moonspire that she was determined to play such a charade. She would need her warpaint and armor when they arrive in Fairgrove it would not do her any good to dress up like someone she was not which would only make her stick out like a sore thumb...a plain, boring thumb, but still noticeable amongst the rest. It might make her so plain and ugly that it keeps all of the men away including her cousin. Could she withstand the mocking and...pity? Ugh, she will need to think more on it later.

The gown was actually earthen tones and the only one of its kind. It would probably have been something that Elinor Vellfyre would have worn. The colors did not clash with girl's skin-tone and was still made for her size, but it was plain, boring and the collar was high-necked and covered her cleavage. The only jewelry she wore was a gold chained pendant of the sun and a matching ring. She exhaled and stood up figuring that it would be the best she could do on such short notice. At least to her the image she portrayed was very forgettable despite the King's desire for her and Jayr to sit at the high table so she could be on display at how boring she has become since Delving.

She grimaced and exhaled yet again as she shook her head. Her maid was asked to clean up and then she would be able to have her rest or entertainment which allows her to hear of anything interesting that the girl may have heard.

The King appointed guards were at the door and she headed opposite of the feasting hall knowing that it was still too early to go. Honestly, doing almost absolutely nothing to get ready meant that she had too much time on her hands before said event. She walked the halls and wondered if there was a garden about to occupy her time until she needed to make her appearance. Being someone she was not seemed to sap the life out of her, but what next would she end up being pitiful and just randomly start crying? Sheesh, with everything that has gone on thus far, perhaps it was just better if she did not burn the damnable tower down. Darres would not have been injured, her dowry would be intact, her sisters would have their whole dowries as well and Zaza would not keep resenting her for doing things without talking to her first. Maybe she should cry. It would befit this boring and plain person that she was dressed up as and pretending to be.

Just before making it to the garden, she noticed Prince Bryce walking in the opposite direction and she gave a deep curtsy, "Prince Bryce, it is so good to see that you are recovering well." Her tone was not as bright and seemed almost subdued along with her smile which was only half as bright.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce had needed to get a bit of fresh air. The chambers had a way of getting overly crowded. One of the things he hated about the progress. In Summerhall, he had a large, sprawling room with a lot more space than was afforded to him in many of these castles. He actually preferred camp grounds at times just for the air and the openness. He did not have much to do in terms of readying for the feast. By now it was a routine he could get done in but half an hour's time, so it was only now that he decided to head back to begin the process.

The girl he walked by addressed him, and he looked towards her with a nod and a murmur of thanks... But then he stopped and looked at her again. "Lady Tyana?" Yes. It did appear to be her. "I am sorry. I was in my own thoughts and did not recognize you. How are you faring?"
Old 01-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He did not recognize her? Was that a good thing? She wondered how she was recognized and what has changed that she was not so readily recognized. Her bottom lip extended slightly and trembled, but she pulled it back in and gently bit down on it instead.

"It is a--new fashion attempt, your highness," she explained. "Is it terrible?" She asked as it looked as if she was about to cry, but cleared her throat. "Well enough, I suppose. An attempt at turning over a new leaf."

Well...for now and only reserved for Moonspire of course. Seeing how well it turns out in Moonspire might encourage her to continue on with it while they were in Fairgrove. Maybe this was how she would manage to stay out of trouble and not set an old lover afire.

"I could always make an adjustment if you have any suggestions on improvement," she asked sounding just a little bit sad and perhaps a little bit hopeful.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #4
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Somehow he did not think plain would ever go into fashion... That she should look so upset by the comment when it should have come as no surprise to a Solvitreo was a little baffling.

"And what leaf would that be?" he asked, curious.

Then he truly looked confused. She was asking him for fashion advice? "I... don't understand? In what way are you looking to improve? What... attempt is trying to be made here. Maybe if I knew that, I could help better." He stood a little straighter. "Don't misunderstand, my lady... I only said I did not recognize you... I did not say you looked terrible. I think that's quite a leap to make..."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Well nothing was going according to her plan and she realized that she was losing herself into a fit weakness and misery, Tyana stopped talking for a moment and took a few breathes before digging her nails into the palm of her hand. The pain helped slow her down a little as she noted the Prince's expression, then his baffled state.

"To be well behaved, rational and to always thinking before taking action," she said gently as she tried to comfort herself and not sound as if she was whining. And boring...

"My apologizes, your Grace, I did not mean to put you in an awkward position to speak fashion. I think I am just feeling a bit off today." Off meaning, lady's issues and she knew not to elaborate, but hoped he would just forgive her and feel sorry for her instead for that sudden display of almost shed emotions.

She offered up a small smile and it managed to look genuine and even shy, "Did you not recognize me because I looked different or sounded different?"
Old 01-14-2016, 11:48 PM   #6
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Was she still talking to him? Or was that her own mantra?

Women of court these days were just so damned confusing. "Your highness," he corrected, almost instantly. It only occurred to him after the fact how strange it was to have to. "'Your grace' is a title for kings, my lady... My brother's title."

And now he felt like she was asking him a trick question. "Well... I did not recognize you because I was lost in my thoughts, my lady... And... you are not dressed as you normally are, so... it took a second glance. I meant nothing by it."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, tyana solvitreo