Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 4.24 morning - just another day [closed, tho retinue are probably outside]

She sent for Barnabas once she'd woken up and roused enough to let her maid deal with combing out her hair. Jason was gone to either get dressed or find food or... something. She had a vague memory of his voice explaining where he was going but she'd been more asleep than awake and the actual message had been lost on her.

The young magister arrived as Tya draped a mantle over Parissa's shoulders. The actual request for her examination came from the maid rather than Pari, who found her tongue tied itself in knots when she tried to explain. What came next was one of the most remarkably horrible examinations of her entire life. Followed by his request to examine her water, she felt sure of death by mortification.

She concentrated on her maids' attempts to dress her while Barnabas set about doing all that. He finished just as the tramping of armor-bearing boots and swords rattled outside the door- the dulcet tones of the Crownsguards. A moment later the door opened and Parissa, now safely wearing a robe and mantle (as if layers would restore the dignity lost in the examination) rose to greet her husband.

Barnabas bowed low to the prince. "Your highness. It is my honor to report that the princess is with child. If the stars are correct, and the fates kind, she should bear you a princeling sometime this winter."

Hearing that, Parissa sat back down again though it was more a collapse than a deliberate folding of her body.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason had gone to stretch his legs, because as far as legs went, his definitely needed to be stretched. He also figured it was a good time to get dressed for the day. It was a quick affair, of course, and by chance he happened to find himself in all black save for a few gold accents here and there. As he returned to the chambers, he sent Saul off to the kitchens to have food sent to them, and upon seeing the gathering of ladies outside the chambers, he could only assume that Barnabas had already been sent for.

He braced himself and then entered, not expecting to be immediately greeted. He started down at Barnabas, nodded to acknowledge the bow, but then his eyes went to his wife who seemed as if she might have seen the spirits of at least a dozen men. It took a moment for the words to sink in... and then quite suddenly... they did. His eyes widened and his lips were already forming a grin.

"That is... wonderful news," he said, his voice airy. "Is there... anything... that we should do?" He looked back at the magister. "I'm... not quite sure... what comes next." It was not like Jason to sound so uncertain, but in terms of being told his wife was expecting a child with him, this was the first.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:49 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Generally, there's nothing to be done but to wait for the child to quicken, your highness." Barnabas smiled gently. "The princess seems in good health- though it's a blessing the worst of the travels lie behind us. Rest, moderation, good food." Barnabas shrugged. "In truth, my strictures are reserved to fix when things are amiss and just now, all is in good order..."

Parissa, tugging her mantle tighter, managed to smile but bit her lip. "What is not next is calling in any other magisters. I've had quite enough examinations for the day, thank you."
Old 01-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason chuckled. "Draven will have to be informed," he told her. "But I think we can spare you having to face him just now. If you do not mind," he said to Barnabas and her maid, "I should like a moment with my wife."

He did not wait for a reply on either score. He was already moving towards her, his black-gloved hands reaching for her own as he bent to place a kiss to her lips. "Like I said... Let's just... let it be us for a moment."
Old 01-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She didn't gainsay him and the servants hurried out as Jason drew her up and kissed her. She kissed him back, pressing her lips gently to his for a moment before she hugged him around the waist and put her head against his chest. "I am not going to keep giving you children if I have to do that every time. It's dreadful! They have to touch you down there and i-it's... I felt like a cow. Next time, can't we just know I'm pregnant when the baby comes?"
Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 AM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason had to clamp his jaw to keep from laughing. It was hard to tell if she was joking or serious... He suspected it was a little bit of both. "Well... there are a few signs leading up to it that might give it away, too," he said, his hands going to her waist. "I'm sorry that it was dreadful, my love."
Old 01-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She pressed closer to him, turning her face against his black tunic. She took a couple breaths before she said anything and let herself relax as his hands settled on her waist. "It hurt," she admitted. "I-I was a little... sore and then..." Parissa shuddered. "I thought being with child was supposed to be wonderful! So far it's just uncomfortable and my stomach's getting thick."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He slid his hands up over her back and bent his head to kiss to top of hers. Even though he knew the shudder was not from being cold, it was instinct to try to warm her. "I don't remember enough of my own mother being with child before Valencia came to speak with complete confidence, but I don't think she ever much enjoyed it... But, I think it is one of those things that is different for everyone. Maybe now that you know... you'll delight more in it." He moved then to sit, his hands returning to hers, and he pulled her to sit down in his lap. "I'm sorry if... I had anything to do with it hurting more..."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:25 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You did," she said with a gentle smile, but leaned her head on his shoulder as she curled onto his lap. "But don't be too sorry. It's not as if I wasn't enjoying myself last night." She sighed. "It will be wonderful when I can see your father accepting our baby. When he has a milk name--oh, or she. I shouldn't be that princess, should I? Just insisting all our babies will be boys and weeping about having a daughter."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 AM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason rubbed her back slowly and smiled, closing his eyes. "After we inform Draven... he should be told. I could do that, if you'd like. Or would you want to tell him together?" he asked. Rothgar probably would take it as any other sort of news. Nod his head and send them on their way. Still... it was worth asking. "I would be happy to have a daughter, my love. Some of my favorite people in this world are princesses."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She leaned into his hand, enjoying the touch and wanting him to continue. "Promise he'll just put his hand on my tummy if he wants to examine me? I'm not laying back for that again any time soon." She huffed a sigh. "I don't like other people touching me there. Which... next time you get upset about other men, you ought to remember I'd be screaming my head off if anybody else..." She grimaced. "Promise you'll forgive Aegor? He was only being silly. I could give a kiss away as a tourney favor, you know."
Old 01-14-2016, 11:34 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He pressed a little more firmly to her back and gave a sheepish sort of smile. "I... will try," Jason said. "That is all I can truly ever promise. But I do commit to expending my hardest effort towards trying... I... suppose the boy's learned his lesson at any rate... I'm told he's doing well... The jaw's likely not broken..." Though he was eating strictly broths.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, parissa harrowmont