Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #61
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

“Mmm… I didn’t say it was as nice as it seems…” She gave a soft smile, “Just that it was an admirable trait. When she learns to harness it and have it work for her instead of against her, that is when she will realize the boon of it.”

Len sighed, “Has anyone started talking yet about breaking the engagement between Lady Byrony and Kel? I would think that would be a change that would be happening soon enough with Elinor’s marriage…” She sighed, “Poor Kel, I think he was a bit fond of Byrony too.”

Nodding her head in agreement and smiled, “She is… and in the end she will do the right thing, whatever it may be at the time.”
Old 11-28-2015, 03:50 AM   #62
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"When she figures that out, she ought to instruct the rest of us..." Jason said.

Jason blinked. "I thought that was already made plain? Or does Kellan believe we need two ties to House Vayth?"
Old 11-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #63
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her lips twitched in an almost smile, “Oh, I am sure that when she figures that out she’ll be more than glad to inform us of something that she knows but we do not.”

Arching her brow, “If he does it’ll be one of the few things recently that has sunk into that liquor hazed mind of his…” She frowned, “You know he wasn’t to be found in Ashmark to greet Kalden.” Her frown deepened. “Kalden, my mother, and I… but Kel was Gods know where…”
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #64
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I might actually listen in that case," he chuckled.

But then the smile vanished anew and he frowned. "I... will speak with him, Lenore. And if speaking doesn't work... I'll be more forceful."
Old 11-29-2015, 10:48 PM   #65
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Snickering, Len gave a shake of her head. “I doubt that but… it would be fun to see her lecturing you on it…”

She focused on the wall, “Thank you. I… I know my mother didn’t say anything about it but… Kel’s absence was greatly missed. I suspect… if he keeps on it won’t be the only thing he misses.”
Old 11-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #66
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Speaking and lecturing... I'll tolerate one... The other, she'll modify as she goes... She'll pick up on the clues. You know how subtle I am when fussed."

He frowned and nudged her. "He'll come back, Len... We all return from war at our own pace."
Old 11-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #67
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Shaking her head, a small soundless chuckle coming from her. “Mmm… if she doesn’t I am sure you’ll become less subtle until she picks up on those clues.”

When he nudged her, she smiled sadly, “I know.” It was a quiet murmur. “I just miss him… that’s all. He’s usually the buffer in our family.”
Old 11-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #68
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's a smart girl... At least, as far as I know."

He wished he could put his arm around her and draw her to his side. All he could do was reach across with his good arm and gently pinch at her forearm. "And he will be again. Being the buffer in House Vellfyre is no small task..."
Old 12-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #69
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“She is and that is something that I know.” Len said with a smile.

It was hard to believe that something as simple as a gentle pinch to her forearm could comfort her. Her smaller hand patted his hand and she leaned her head against his shoulder. “No… We really need more buffers in this family. He use to remind me so much of our mother… but since he’s been back… when I see him I… I don’t really know who or what I am seeing, but I don’t think that it’s my brother.”

“When Kalden went to squire, I swear I moped for what seemed like a month. Kel was always so busy with Kain and Zee even then so… I always felt a bit of an oddball out of their games but on occasion he did try to include me.” Her head lifted then and Len gave a small shake of it with a drawn smile. “The longer Kal was gone, I guess the closer I got with Kel… I love Kalden but Kel makes it so much easier to like him then Kal does…” She gave a nervous sort of laugh… “Some days now, I don’t even feel like I have either one of them…silly isn’t it. To see them… know they are alive… and well… and still feel like you’ve lost them?”
Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #70
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Your mother never fought in a war," he said in a soft voice. "Kellan has seen terrible things. Has done terrible things... It is hard fighting a war and reconciling the vows we took as knights, at times... To think back and wonder at how we were able to do half the things we did... But we had to win it... We had to come back... even if it meant coming back different. We all did. Not a single one of us is as we were before... But we came back to different people, too. We just have to... learn who each other is again..."

He looked towards the window and tensed his jaw. "I know how you feel... It isn't silly, Lenore... All you can do is keep holding on... They may never be who they were before, but they love you... and they'll become something else soon enough."
Old 12-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #71
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I know.” Her voice responded almost in a whisper. Same words just a different day but it didn’t ease the distance between all of them. Turning her head, her gaze softly direct. Her hand tightened on his and finding her voice once more, “For what it is worth, tis better to know you are here and alive, and different then to have lost you or to never have seen you again.”

He looked towards the window, his jaw tensing as he spoke. Yes, she hurt but at this moment she hurt more for him. Moving on the bed, she shifted to slightly straddle his legs, her weight on her knees to allow her to look directly at him. “It is not easy to see any of you different but it is doable and at the end of the day… that is all I know that I ever really ask for… that something just be doable. Whatever develops, however things change, it’s still better than the alternatives...”
Old 12-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #72
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He smiled slightly. "I know, Len... Thank you for that. It's not always been easy..."

She surprised him, and he sat back more rigid, his eyes widening with worry for fear she would put weight on his knee. His good hand reached down to it as if to remind her that it was injured. "Careful, Len..." he whispered. "Here... come sit on this side," he said, motioning to the right.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 AM   #73
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The moment of panic on Jason’s face caused her eyebrows to shoot upwards, following his hand as it reached down. Gods, his knees! Even if she hadn’t intended to actually sit on him she fully understood the look of worry.

Exhaling, Len blew a wisp of dark hair away from her face then shifted with as much care as was humanly possible to sit on her knees to his right. “Sorry.” She mumbled sheepishly, and waved it away as she made her point. “My brothers… do not always listen to me… but you unfortunately are injured and can not run away… so… I shall remind you. I love you and I am glad you are back… safe and mostly sound… any unsoundness recently is from your own brazen tendencies boar hunting…so I suppose that can be forgiven...” Frowning she shook her head and found her course again, “If my brothers won’t listen to me… I hope you will and know that I do care.”
Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #74
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's all right," he said, his posture relaxing. He moved the coverlet a bit to expose his leg, making sure the bandages were not bled through. "Have I ever run away from you?" he asked, putting them back to keep his leg warm. "I love you, too, Len. I... never liked boar hunting, you know... Always preferred stag... But of late, it's almost seemed like it's what I'm expected to hunt... All these songs of my battle might... It's hard living up to such expectations sometimes... Like they forget I'm a man beneath the crown... but at the same time... they're meant to forget that..."
Old 12-01-2015, 02:13 AM   #75
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Glancing at his leg, before looking back at him. “If you had tried to run away do you think I would have noticed?” She smirked teasingly at him.

Listening to him, her dark eyes softened a little more in understanding. Her hands resting on her thighs she leaned in a little conspiratorially. “Has anyone ever told you that you can bore hunt without actually having to hunt…” Len made a play on the words, “I mean… this progress… is full of bores… and some even actually look like the swine variety.” She murmured teasingly.

Shifting back and tilting her head a little, “Let them have their stories, let them make you larger than life…” She grinned, “You are large… but that’s beside the point.” Growing more serious again, “Jason, I am the queen of rumors most of the time, I know a thing or two about people having a distorted image of you. In the end, most of the people who distort the image are looking for hope, they believe the stories and songs of battles will give them that… however… trying to live up to that distorted image… it will ruin you…” She gave a pointed look in the direction of his knees under the blanket again… “Or the very least cripple you.”
Old 12-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #76
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would hope so," he laughed.

"No. Nobody's told me that. You've seen many? Where?" he asked, scratching just above his ear, still holding a goofy grin.

"I've no choice, Lenore... My father never shirked under the weight of such expectations. My brother didn't either. I can't... It was not that which made me fall... It was a stupid mistake..."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lenore vellfyre