Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Jayme Ascalon

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #31
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"No, no! I want to dance with you. I don't get to very often." Parissa smiled. "But... after this dance. I... it'd be nice to walk a little. It's kind of... warm in here." She gave an apologetic grimace. "My maid thinks my humors have been a little out of balance since the storm. I had a terrible chill after... You didn't take ill did you? I thought half of us were sniffling and sneezing through Ashmark."
Old 10-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #32
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fortunately I made it through the storm all right. I am glad to see a chill is all you suffered." Jayme continued to dance with her. "And all right princess...but I am taking you for a bit of air...after this dance ends."
Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She fell quiet and concentrated on the dance: she had to as her head was beginning to get a little light. Too much alcohol, not enough food; she could almost hear the older fosterlings at Sunspire chiding her.

As the dance ended, Parissa curtsied- but a little unevenly. She held her hand out for Jayme. "We haven't had a chance to walk together since last summer." It surprised her to say out loud. But then everyone had been so busy and at Summerhall she'd been trying to learn from Lenore and Princess Ziamara...
Old 10-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #34
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He took her hand and let it rest on his arm. "Has it truly been that long? It surprises me to think of how fast time flies." Jayme started to lead her off the dance floor. "Though I suppose duty has to come before leisure. Especially in your case, I assume."
Old 10-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not really," she admitted with a tinge of sadness. "I'm trying to learn but really it's all Lenore and Carolei and Melantha and Princess Ziamara that do everything important. It's really mostly the same as at Solarii: we do lessons and go riding and find new entertainments. Just everybody calls me princess now."

She glanced up at him as they walked off the floor. "Do you think I'll be a good queen, Ser Jayme?"
Old 10-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #36
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He led her entirely off the dance floor. "Where would you like to walk to?" At her question, he gave her a small smile. "I think if you would like to learn, all you should do is just watch, listen...and everyone has a lot to learn. But I think you will be a fantastic queen, princess."
Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Easy for you to say. You're a fighter: they let you do things every now and then, besides just standing and nodding." Parissa sighed. "But you're probably right anyway. Let's go out to the terrace. The air might help... I don't think I should've had that entire cup of wine while Lady Mondragon was talking at me."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #38
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He fell silent, and led her out to the terrace. "I have to wonder why you are always so hard on yourself. Every time I see you, you are always so critical..." Jayme sighed, and looked down at her. "...and you do not need to be."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And you never criticize yourself or stay quiet because you're not sure of your surroundings...?" Parissa bit her lip. "I say it to you because you listen, Ser Jayme. I don't dare say things to many people... they'd take advantage. And... I'm a mess. I thought I'd only have to ever worry about being maybe Lady of Fairgrove or something. Minor. Married to a Solvitreo second son or maybe one of the 'Shores lords and not anything... courtly. Then one day, wake up and oops, you have to marry the crown prince, here you go, Parissa. And my father just dumps me off in the court and leaves again..." She stopped herself with a huffy breath. "And here I am. Princess. You know who wanted to be princess? Not me, that's who. But I'm trying and I want to be good at it and I just feel like everything's always half a second from falling into pieces. I'm sorry... Gosh, I didn't... Ugh. I'm raving, aren't I? I'm drunk. Let's blame the wine. Your turn." She turned to Jayme with a smile. "Time for you to complain or start quoting poetry or something..."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:06 AM   #40
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I...fear I don't have much to complain about," he chuckled. "I could not possibly follow that brilliant rant. And I fear that you will not find me much for quoting poetry. Though do not apologize. You are allowed to voice fears and doubts. It is what makes you human. You are a princess, yes. But you are also human. And you have a bit of wine..." he pointed to a stain at the corner of her mouth. "...there."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:20 AM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Wh-what?" She gasped and her hand flew up over her mouth like it would cover, then wiped at her lip on both sides just in case... Her cheeks redder than wine, she hoped it wasn't that noticable by the torchlight. "I-is it gone? Thorin's beard, y-you should've said something before... See? I'm a mess. A-actual, complete mess."
Old 10-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #42
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Parissa," he said, softly, and placed his hand on her cheek, briefly, before letting it drop. "No you're not."
Old 11-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She blinked when he touched her and her eyes looked up to study his face for a moment. Her smile returned a half a heartbeat later, though he let his hand fall. "Thank you, Ser Jayme. I... it's nice to know someone doesn't think that of me."

She looked down at the ground and pushed a strand of hair over her ear. "I hope... we won't have to go another season before I get to talk to you again."
Old 11-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #44
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm not laying on the ground to get you to look at me," he teased her, reminiscent of one of their earlier meetings. "But yes. I hope not either, though I'd understand if it happened. Being busy and all that nonsense."
Old 11-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Nonsense, mostly." She slanted her eyes at him, her smile returning. "No, I'll make a point of remembering to speak with my friends more often. They're hard to come by at court."
Old 11-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #46
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"They are indeed, I agree. And once you find someone you can at least somewhat get along with, truly, you treasure it. Too many times in such an environment you find false friends, and true enemies."
Old 11-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #47
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And such a lot of them..." Parissa paused, looking back at the way they'd come. "Jayme... what do you know of Prince Bryce?" she asked quietly. "Y-you're in a better place to hear things than I am."
Old 11-08-2015, 04:15 AM   #48
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"What do you wish to know of him? He is your good-uncle, after all...I might not know much more than you do..."
Old 11-08-2015, 04:46 AM   #49
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I know what my husband says, but Prince Bryce practically raised him. That's... not all the same as other people's thoughts." Parissa worried her lower lip in her teeth for a moment. "I... I don't even know what I want to know. It's just... he had his men trail me on the hunt. And he wasn't happy at all with me in Delving. I only... if he doesn't like me- and I don't he does- I'm... not sure how worried to be."
Old 11-10-2015, 12:52 AM   #50
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He doesn't strike me as the type to like much of anyone...then again, he is the Lord of Laws. For this job, one must appear to not like anyone." Jayme furrowed his brow. "You are worried...why?"
Old 11-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #51
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa's brow creased and she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "Because my husband worships his uncle. If Prince Bryce doesn't like me, he'll convince Jason not to. Maybe not at once but... eventually..."
Old 11-14-2015, 02:05 AM   #52
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A husband, even if he does not like his wife, has to make some attempt at least for the sake of appearances. A beastly thought, but it is what it is. Nothing but the most extreme of circumstances would make Jason part from you. Trust me on this."
Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 AM   #53
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She looked up at him with a grateful smile. "I hope you're right...a-and it's kind of you to say so. But wives may come and go. Uncles don't. I don't think he'd forsake me immediately- father would take offense, anyway. Just... I don't know. A bad feeling about... the future. But then maybe next summer the king will decide the prince needs a new marriage anyway. Who can say, right?"
Old 11-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #54
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You cannot worry overmuch about the future. If you did, you would drive yourself into madness. All you can trust is that whatever happens, was meant to happen. For better, or for worse. I honestly thought coming to court was the gods' punishment, for me avoiding such duties all these years, for my father keeping me away from the wars." He smiled. "I don't think so now. For all its faults, court is where I'm meant to be for the present."
Closed Thread

Tags
jayme ascalon, parissa harrowmont