Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
(Lord) Wallace Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4.20 evening - Erianthen Rites - Everybody

A procession led House Wolfe and their royal guests to the great square of Blacktide, where priests and priestesses of Erianthe stood in a decorated pen overseeing as several shepherds carried chosen sheep through the smoke of a holy bonfire.

Once the flocks of House Wolfe were thus blessed, the steward of Castle Wolfe led out a beautiful and very pregnant cow, who was led up onto the altar and sliced open by a trio of virginal teenage priestesses. The girls took the calf and cut its throat before placing it into the bonfire that had just purified the sheep.

The dead cow would soon be turned into portions of burnt offerings and dinner, and the priests stepped in to read the oracular properties of its entrails as they had earlier read the foretelling of the bonfire's first flames.

Sitting beneath the Wolfe shadefly, held up by attendants even as the sun sank lower in the horizion, Wallace watched in amused approval. He glanced at his blue-blooded guests.

"Do you usually leave these rituals to the priests in Volorro, your highness?"

Ziamara's eyes were still fixed on the trembling limbs of the freshly-slain cow and it took her a moment to answer. "Hm...? Oh. No, Lord Wolfe. My step-mother and the women of the family do attend usually. My father and the lords do as their duties allow them but if they miss they make extra sacrifices."

"Ah yes. I would hope a fat lamb would suffice to apologize to the goddess for missing her great day..."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Warrick glanced over towards his brother but then let his eyes journey back to where the rites were being performed. He let out an uneasy breath, one he was sure only William would pick up on. These things always made him feel nervous. And he avoided them when he could. It was not so much a strange thing to see, it just wasn't something he particularly enjoyed.

"Was Fourth month always so long?" he asked in a whisper, still not looking at William but it was clear who the question was intended for.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"Not enjoying the sprint rites, brother?" William whispered with a faint smile. "Cheer yourself. The whores will be cheaper in the spirit of fertility... and some of the respectable women might well be free."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #4
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course..." he groaned, not surprised William would take the conversation straight to the brothel. "Women are just as generous and free in Volorro..." Again, this was spoken in a hushed tone, his eyes glancing back at Wallace just to be sure. "My clerks are probably losing their damned minds... Or not losing their minds nearly enough. You know how mice are when the cat's gone... Or whatever bullshit phrase fits best."
Old 11-20-2015, 12:13 AM   #5
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

William shot his twin a look. "Are you sitting here at the spring rites thinking of numbers and ledgers, Rick?" He laughed. "Are clerks what fills your fancies these days? I'll find you a whore who knows her numbers. How's that?"
Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #6
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Do they make those?" he asked, finally cracking a smirk. "But of course... a whore always knows when you're short on coin... I'll find you a whore that doesn't talk much. Then we'll both be happy."
Old 11-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #7
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"A silent whore? Now those they don't make. I'd have found them and hired them all for the rest of their days." He shot a look at Wallace and Vellfyres. "We should take our leave early this evening. See if we can't celebrate spring properly." And then do considerably less entertaining things than whoring.... but that was beside the point.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #8
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

If there was anything bothering Gavin, it was sure to remain unreadable. Naturally, a rather quiet man, he sat there pensive and observing rather than partaking in conversation.

His expression was neutral as he watched the sacrifice and remained quiet as the twins bantered back and forth about whores. On occasion, he would look to Ziamara to make sure that she was all right and looked receptive when people spoke, answering questions when they were needed, but generally remained quiet.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick followed his gaze and then smirked. "Sounds like a good idea, Will. I've been needing a proper celebration more than I've realized."
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, warrick wolfe, william wolfe, ziamara fairchild