Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default 4.05 afternoon - Knives, all the pretty knives - Melantha/Bryce (ask to join)

There was nothing more Melantha could do. In order to put rest to the rumors, she must put on a dismissive air whenever Lenore or Kain were mentioned; she at least had the wounds to use as excuses to beg off from any merrymaking. Even now, she longed for her bed, as much to hide her face from the world as to rest the throb in her head and in her arm. But her duties were not yet fulfilled.

Rothgar would summon her ere long, she suspected; he was only distracted temporarily with the Mondragons. It would give her a moment to face her demons....and talk to Bryce. Again, their children had clashed. She was at her wit's end. She had no where to send Lenore, but she wanted to, both for her reputation and her safety. She had never hated Kain, had never wished ill on her husband's kin, but she now feared what he had become...and what that meant for her children.

If Bryce did not smite her outright, perhaps he would have an answer as to how they could protect their family...

Keeping it forefront in her mind, she had herself announced at his door.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce had not expected that she come seek him out... But he nonetheless nodded his head when Willem announced her. Grabbing his cup of wine, he made his way from the window to a chair, his sharp, blue eyes gazing heavy upon her the moment she entered the room. He sat down and motioned to the chair across from him before taking a sip. "Willem... pour Lady Melantha some wine before you take your leave..."

His squire nodded and hurried to do as he was told.

"You should not be up and about, my lady... You are injured and need to rest..." Willem approached and handed her a cup before bowing to Bryce and departing the chamber. "What brings you here when you ought to be in bed?"
Old 10-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
demoted to extra

"Your Highness," Melantha greeted him, her manners always the last to falter. She gratefully accepted the wine, although she had to hold the cup a bit awkwardly in her only good hand. Taking the seat threatened to make her relax too much, but she was comforted that Bryce did not appear instantly at odds with her. She did not speak until Willem was gone.

"Injuries of the body can be ignored, but wounds of the heart cannot," she answered, more poetic than she liked to be, but she was tired. "I have to deal with my family. I would be a coward if I tried to pretend otherwise."
Old 10-16-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"What else has your family done?" Bryce asked curiously, twisting the cup on the arm of the chair. "I don't know that anybody could ever accuse you of cowardice, Melantha."
Old 10-17-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
demoted to extra

"These days, I am accused of much when it comes to my children," she replied, quietly. Still, Melantha hesitated before she continued, "My daughter....to hear of her being in pain and then to see her in pain, that is a knife in my own heart. I know you feel the same about your children, Bryce." She looked down into the wine, then back up. "Outside the walls of the room, the incident was nothing, just some drunk being overly familiar with Lenore. Inside here....our children are wounding one another, and I've not come to argue over that. I've come to seek help as to how it can be stopped."
Old 10-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce gave her a curious look. "Your daughter and my son chose to be lovers. They are our children, yes, but they are not children... I confess, it is not the worst lovers spat I've ever seen... It is difficult to see it because she is your daughter, but I confess there were times early in my marriage that Whitney suffered far more... Your daughter has given me her assurances that she will avoid my son in the future... And my son is... going to be watched. Jason, I believe, has taken to keeping Kalden close as well... I think we've done what we can to stop it, Melantha... The next course is letting the king intervene..."
Old 11-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
demoted to extra

"They will never be anything but children in my eyes, even when they are not," Melantha answered, both dryly and with sentiment. "But I agree, on their choice of love life and the actions after that. As much as I dislike Lenore taking blows, I meant their wounds of words. Lovers is one thing, but I worry about how they incense the other to such heights." Passion, she knew full well, burned just as bright in hatred as it did in love.

Still, if he was less concerned, then she would have to be. "No, I've no wish to involve His Grace," she admitted. "It would be tantamount to claiming I've no power at all over the situation, and I'm down but I'm not that weak. And what business would I have, putting a family quarrel in front of him as if it were a matter of state? He'd bite my head clean off, and be justified in doing so."
Old 11-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #8
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That does not serve them well," Bryce said. Then he waved off the next and rolled his eyes. "It was not so different between my cousins when we were young... Even now, I may well come to blows with Keegan or Kadreth from time to time... It is just how it is. They'll grow out of it... or they won't. But we cannot worry about what may come. Not when there's more pressing things."

He lifted one shoulder in a half shrug. "I suppose that's true."
Old 11-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #9
demoted to extra

"If I am to use you and Keegan as an example, then I should indeed stop worrying now, as it will obviously never cease." But he was clearly not pressed about it, and so Melantha let the discussion go. "Bryce, to be honest, I was just as concerned as to how you would view it, as anything. It has been only scant months since you did come to blows to Keegan over what Lenore did to Kain. I could have taken this, Kain hurting her, as a wound and let it fester and been snappish to you because of it, but I'd like to think I am wiser than that. And you could have taken it as another instance of my children acting against yours. I do not want that to be the perception." She rarely used his given name, except in informal close family gatherings, but they had been on the outs for months now, and she was willing to remind him that they remained family.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #10
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is wise you didn't, yes," Bryce told her, his tone even. "There is blame enough to share between the both of them. I regret that she endured a bruise here and there, but at least he'd not strangled her in open view of the court... And I could have taken it as that... and might have if Kalden involved himself... but your daughter clearly was not out to strike against me or mine... She simply made fool choices. Nothing more."
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #11
demoted to extra

"I am most grateful that we are in accord on that," Melantha answered, with a slight incline of her head to him. "I believe while Kalden's temper has not lessened--with the blood he has mingled, that is impossible--he has learned the value of putting family before his own need to vent." She took a fortifying sip of the wine; her head was starting to ache again, even as other tensions eased. "Is there anymore I can do, or should I simply leave be now?"
Old 11-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #12
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think it is best to leave it be. The children will do as they will... All we can do is try to guide them in the right direction... And hope that they've learned from their mistakes."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #13
demoted to extra

"But not to think of them as children," Melantha replied, with a glimmer of humor in the slight joke. Otherwise, she only nodded in agreement.

Her next words almost had to be pulled from her, however, as she hated showing more weakness. "Bryce, there is something else I would ask....I would beg of you. It is in regards to Alianor."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #14
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce leaned his head towards her and lifted a brow. "I'm listening."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #15
demoted to extra

"She will not speak to me still, not since First Month. Obviously, I know well why," Melantha said, without rancor. Her daughter had effectively ended a perfectly viable marriage with Alianor's son, after all. "But we had been companions for years before Lenore and Edric were even married. If nothing else, it has made managing our households difficult.....but I miss her counsel. Would you see if she is any more amenable to reconciling with me?"
Old 11-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce considered and sighed. "If she were, Melantha... you'd not be left to wonder... I shall bring up the subject... I have once before, actually... But, my sister will speak when she is ready with you... And not a moment before. I fear if I press her... or bring it up... that might only cause more anger."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #17
demoted to extra

"No, that is a fair assessment," Melantha admitted. "I dare not try and press it myself either. I just wanted her to know that I avoid her to respect her decision, not because I wish to."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #18
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't think she believes otherwise," Bryce said in a far softer tone than usual. "Have faith... Give her time..."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:08 PM   #19
demoted to extra

"I pray you are right," Melantha said, dropping her eyes. The kinder tone threatened to undo her. "More than that, I pray that our friendship is not irretrievably over. She is a lioness protecting her son, and a strike against him may be something she never forgives."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #20
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We are all that way over our children... Especially when we know the pain of losing them so well... But this was not a strike you made. She may well never forgive Lenore... but given time, I imagine she'll forgive you."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #21
demoted to extra

"And right now is when I could use her counsel most." Melantha managed a wry smile. "My thanks, Bryce," she added, quietly, " for your reassurance."
Old 11-08-2015, 12:26 AM   #22
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps the timing is merely the gods trying to see if you can endure on your own."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #23
demoted to extra

"The gods must think much of me," Melantha answered, with the trace of a smile, "although my present condition certainly seems to indicate otherwise." She gingerly set down her wine. "I must be taking too much of your time, by now. Would you allow me to depart?"
Old 11-10-2015, 01:10 AM   #24
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It seems you're the one eager to go, Melantha. Don't let me stand in your way. Surely, you need rest after all you've been through. Be well."
Old 11-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #25
demoted to extra

"Please do not take this as any desire not to speak with you, cousin. When we are not at odds, I find talking to someone with actual intelligence to be diverting," Melantha replied, with a small smile. "It is only that I have already been speaking with Lenore this morning, as well as Kellan, Parissa's retinue, and I expect shortly with your brother. Truthfully....I need to take a short while to compose my thoughts before any further meetings this afternoon."
Old 11-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #26
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Dear... You're not getting too old for this, are you?" he asked, his tone clearly teasing. "You do not need to explain yourself to me, Melly. Go. Rest. I always find I need a nap before speaking with Roth."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, melantha vellfyre