Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 4.13 afternoon - well here we are... - OPEN

Ziamara's borrowed chambers were beautifully appointed: lush tapestries, fresh strewn herbs and sweet-scented oil in the lamps, heavy brocade and wool hangings on the bed, thick furs to keep the seaside chill at bay.

Adding her own traveling luxuries, it was an equal to any chamber in Vellesca but the princess herself remained pale and a little drawn. Feigning illness had been Warrick's advice but seeming had not been necessary: the strain of the road caught up to her, and Ziamara had scarcely gotten the strength to face getting out of bed the day before.

A new minstrel played as she and her maid walked along the colonnaded terrace that ringed the garden nearest Ziamara's rooms but the princess's steps were slow and she was leaning a little more on Ser Mark's arm than normal. Her blue wool cloak, dyed a stunning shade to bring out her eyes, also highlighted the porcelain white pallor.

Mark ushered her to a cushioned chair Carissa and a set of pages had furnished, positioned in the sunlight so perhaps the fresh air would revive her. The minstrel's song changed, and one of the Wolfe girls appeared to offer up some sweets, which Zee refused with a smile but told them they ought to take for themselves.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

The days were not filled with enough of anything to keep busy to keep from thinking too much. He spent time with each twin while Wallace seemed to be busy with the affairs of a lord. It was fine and he did not press knowing that they will need to be here awhile longer until the roads were cleared and could be made travel worthy once more.

He would have checked in on Ziamara the day before, but Carissa told her that she was resting and in bed which made him turn the other way around instead of visiting her leaving it for today. He heard an instrument being played and followed it towards the terrace finding Ziamara's retinue there attending to their mistress. He looked grim as he silently observed his cousin's pallor which only reminded him how unfit she was for such a task. Did his uncle not care enough for her safety to have prolonged this until she was healthier?

"How you feeling, coz?" He asked with concern as he looked at Mark first, then towards his cousin who sat there talking to a Wolfe girl. Too many ears and he knew that Wallace would probably ask the Wolfe girl how the Princess fared to know if he was being tricked.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Tired but much better, Gavin." Ziamara waved off Aicelina and turned to her cousin with a smile. Mark bowed to Gavin and moved to get between the Vellfyres and the retreating Wolfe and her chaperon.

Ziamara extended a hand to her cousin. "You should rest as well. I'm sure you've been exhausting yourself at the training fields already? How did you fare against the new opponents?"
Old 11-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A nod was given to Mark, a small smile to Aicelina and then drew closer to Ziamara. "I am all right. It is worse for me to be idle," he replied with a shrug and then he grinned. "I fared well against the younger ones all too enthusiastic to attempt at any real skill most relying on brute strength, but the older well seasoned ones were wily and proved challenging even Warrick. I think he was just being modest or setying the stage for all to underestimate him."
Old 11-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Knowing Warrick, he'd rather you think that than guess you actually defeated him." Zee laughed. "But I am glad you're enjoying yourself. I suppose we must find some manner of pass times over the next week or so... You'll probably have dueled every knight in Wallace's household by then."
Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #6
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He just smiled rather than confirm anything, but it was a good bout. Then he nodded, "Yes, but it does not hurt to test these knights' mettle. It could prove to be helpful to know who may be a concern and who only knows which end to point at an opponent. That and the squires need to be worked, we cannot have them turn into mushy boys."

He rubbed the back of his neck as he asked, "Any thoughts on what you want to do to pass the time?"
Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara shook her head. "None. There are players here, and some mummers. I can employ a few to brighten the hours. Perhaps a ship of Merideen minstrels will wander in to the port. When I am a bit stronger, I am hoping Wallace might consent to a few rides in the game woods. I suspect we may be here longer than just for the funeral but perhaps I am wrong."
Old 11-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #8
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That many options? I'm almost feeling overwhelmed," he replied with a lopsided smile as he attempted to cheer Ziamara up.

Then his expression darkened as he replied, "I am hoping that you are wrong, but I have had the same feeling as well."
Old 11-16-2015, 01:46 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, maybe I can convince Lord Wolfe to forgive my bastard birth and charm him into thinking more kindly of us and our presence." Ziamara raised a brow, trying to look optimistic. "Think I could manage that with a day or two of rest behind me? And perhaps a bucket of kohl and powder..."
Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #10
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He frowned, "If anyone can charm him it would be you, coz. However, there is nothing to forgive. Your father has recognized you, cherishes you and trusts you enough to ask this of you while Valencia is too heavy with child to make the trip. You are called Princess and loved by many and it would a grave mistake for him to forget that."

"Rest as much as you can, Zee and take it slow. Lord Wolfe will understand that you are still recovering. I do not think he wants you to fall completely ill while you are in Blacktide."

He chuckled at an imagine that popped into his mind at her mention of kohl and powder, "Well do not overdo that either lest you end up looking like a raccoon."
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, ziamara fairchild