Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 02:18 AM   #31
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"That's right. They feud with one of their neighbors... Unlike Veracora who feud with themselves." Ziamara laughed. "So what news from Saherazai? Winona departed some time before me, I think."

William shrugged. "I've heard of no word from her yet. She's probably still negotiating with her good-family about one thing or another. They may be a letter for our brother before we return to the city."
Old 10-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #32
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Gavin had his own reservations towards the King's request at sending Ziamara to Blacktide with Worthing's body, but he could also understand why knowing that she would indeed be the most diplomatic thus possible success.

It felt strange coming back having cultivated or rather not cultivated much ties in the West just having gone because of the King's command to help protect the borders. Fighting, killing and defending was easy, living seemed to be difficult now. Some days were all right, others were a struggle. He did not seem to fit at court anymore and while people about him danced, drank and decided to be merry, he sat, quiet and unamused while watching and waiting. Waiting for what was difficult to answer, but often times it felt like that.

So when the King asked him to ride out with his men to catch up to Ziamara and Vaughn, he did not hesitate. It was an opportunity to be away from the rabble and noise that seemed to try to pull him in while he just desired most times to be alone. It seemed to hurt less that way. He made sure that their camp was secure first and decided to wash up first before making an appearance.

Twins, William and Warrick. Just the thought made him miss Garrett more. He would have stomped in as if he owned the tent and greet them with healthy powerful pats on the back along with a grin while he would have slipped in and give a nod in greeting.

"I do hope that you have left some wine for me," he said instead as he walked in to take his seat. "My apologizes for the delay. It is good to see you. How long has it been?" Directed at William, having rode from time to time with Warrick and Ziamara.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #33
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Warrick looked towards the tent flap and then back at his wine cup. Slowly he lifted his gaze towards Ziamara... a hard, studious gaze, but he figured nobody would notice considering their new arrival. "Plenty of wine..." he said softly, lifting his own cup before taking a sip. "Is it not like looking at Bryce some thirty years ago?" he asked William.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #34
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So it is, brother... It's been too gods-damned long, Ser Gavin." William rose to greet the prince's son and let him take the seat next to Ziamara. "Plenty of wine. Sit, take your ease." He beckoned the servants over to get Gavin a cup and an extra platter for any of the food he might want to take. "I trust the tents are all well-set?"

Ziamara's greeting was delayed a moment by the fact her curious gaze landed on Warrick... then she turned away. "Gavin, you take such care of us." She smiled at her cousin. "I should always take you with me when I travel. The camp gets so much better organized."
Old 10-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #35
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He used to be a boy quick to grin, but these days, it was more subdued, but still a smile before quipping back, “And to think, others have continuously said that we both favored our mother’s features.”

After the greetings, he took a seat with a moment to relax in good company. Food and drink were both accepted with a hearty thanks knowing that people often looked at another suspiciously when food was being pushed about or henpecked at. It was necessary and so he ate and washed it down with wine. “Yes, luckily, we weren’t being drenched with a torrential downpour only to have the gods hurling ice rocks the size of my fist from the heavens,” he said having heard back with the news while in Ashmark and seeing it first hand with the trail of people coming in from the King's progress all before he set out to catch up with Ziamara’s progress a few days later.

“Amazing what a sense of purpose and ego does to a man, Zee, but I like being organized. I think I have seen you crack a smile once or twice especially when all your numbers are adding up nicely. I am similar, but instead of numbers I make sure that the horses are all well shodded and supplies are fresh, clean and put away efficiently so when they are taken out no time is wasted,” he replied nonchalantly with a shrug and then began eating as if he was ravenous, but already drank half of the wine that was in his cup.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #36
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You mother's?" Warrick asked, squinting. "Perhaps the eyes... Perhaps they meant resembling her temperament, but you are almost the spitting image of your father... He even used to wear his hair like yours when I squired with him..."

He was mildly interested when he spoke of ice falling from the sky, but then when he went on about the organization of the horses and the other bullshit, he quickly lost it and looked back at the princess. But only for a brief moment.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"They were teasing you," William concluded with a laugh. "For it is Bryce before me... even to his obsession with a complete organization."

Ziamara sighed as if Gavin was proclaiming a love of Merideen poetry, but her smile belied the portrayal. "What my cousin means is he likes the idea of a quick escape from whatever mischief he's set on making?"
Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #38
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin actually chuckled and shook his head as he unconsciously rubbed his knuckles under his chin. What they said was true, but it was still amusing to say otherwise. "One neither admits or denies any mischief will occur, and besides I was usually the one cleaning up the messes that were made while softening the elders when we were caught."

He raised his cup for it to be refilled and finished the rest of the shank that was put on his plate. It had been too long since any mischief occurred especially to lighten a mood, but that was usually Garrett's domain.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zee gave her cousin a considering look. "Then we'll promise not to anger any of the elders this time... William and Warrick have practice enough for both of us in evading father and uncle's ire, I suspect."

"I never managed the trick of sidestepping his grace's wrath so easily." William smiled. "Our king's ire reminds one of Thorin's: broad enough to shake the entire kingdom when he's crossed. Bryce was a different matter: he's one to fire an arrow exactly at that which vexes him."
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #40
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Which was always interesting when they were both mad at once..." Warrick concluded, taking a sip of his own drink, noting how Garrett ate with some amusement. "Sometimes it was difficult to tell which was worse... William always got me into trouble when we were younger, though..."
Old 10-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #41
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin could not help grinning at the imagery of how the brothers' expelled their anger differently. "That is why you have to cultivate the good son persona which is the card I played more often than naught," he replied with a smirk.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #42
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not so hard when Kain's standing right behind you," Ziamara commented with a quiet laugh. "You had only to occasionally avoid lighting anything on fire or breaking the nose of anyone with whom Bryce had to deal gently."

"Gods, the time Kain set that snake in the bed of... who was it? The Trimerid ambassador's nephew I think?" William grinned.

"Not a very poisonous snake." The best defense Ziamara could provide.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Bryce appreciates a good fire, though. Always has," Warrick said with a fond grin.

He chuckled and emptied his cup before holding it up for more. "Well... there is that. I recall Bryce being torn about that... Fighting between anger and amusement. I mean... I thought it was pretty hilarious. But I was never the good son."
Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 AM   #44
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Coz, you disclose my secrets to avoid a tongue-lashing or worse,” he said with feigned protest at the mention of Kain. “Who does not like a good fire?” Gavin murmured as he drained that cup and began to use some bread to mop up the juices off of his plate and it was placed aside having cleared it.

He chuckled, “At least, it was just a harmless snake, but how the man howled like his toes were set on fire. It had half the wing attempting not to laugh.” His own cup was held up to be filled as well.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A good many people laughed, but a few others wanted to put him in chains." William chuckled. "But it did make the rest of you look like souls of purity."

"No fear, Gavin. I shan't tell of any mischief you ever made. In truth, I don't think I know any..." Ziamara's eyes gleamed with amusement as she feigned a thoughtful look. "No. Not a thing. You were ever the perfect one..."

"Aye, and you ever the demon," William smiled at his twin. "Though neither of us were the good sons. That was played by Wallace."
Old 10-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #46
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"They probably did feel like they were on fire," Warrick pointed out. "It wasn't so harmless... It wouldn't have killed him, though, so the crying and moaning was probablya little dramatic."

He looked at his twin, and then gave a tight smile. "Aye. That's the truth."
Old 10-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #47
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin smirked, "I thought it was a scullery maid that found herself trapped in his room ar first. Not at all just him screaming like a woman about to faint."

Chuckling, he remarked, "I was just better at getting away with it and besides subtly is lost with Kain and...well when Kain is around." The smirk melted away as he drank more wine when he was about to say Garrett's name.
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, warrick wolfe, ziamara fairchild