Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:20 AM   #61
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"Oh... They like each other. If they didn't... they wouldn't avoid one another... I've always found, though, if you want to fix a fracture in the family, you just have to present them with something that makes them stand together... Piss them both off on a matter they can agree on."
Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #62
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"Then you can solve this one." Rothgar smiled. "Thank you, for stepping up to the mark, son." He raised his cup to Jason. "Good luck. From what I gather, Kain's followed Kalden's accusation up by making it true, so that ought to go over well."
Old 10-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #63
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You know your nephew... If he's going to be accused of something..." He let the rest remain unspoken. "You can hardly blame Kalden for being upset... But it's time he stops seeing Lenore as a child... It is not as if Kain made her to do something she wasn't willing to do."
Old 10-03-2015, 01:10 AM   #64
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"It's often difficult for brothers to face such a truth about their sisters." His gaze fixed on Jason's face.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #65
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That is true," Jason agreed, not looking away. "But it does help to be close to them... At least in terms of understanding. I'm certain he will accept it in time... And after he speaks with Lenore."
Old 10-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #66
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Helps, yes. But not always." Rothgar's expression softened, then returned to its usual stoicism. "Speaking of... how is your youngest sister doing? I trust the children have not annoyed you overmuch in Summerhall."
Old 10-04-2015, 02:24 AM   #67
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Most always..." he replied. He opened his mouth to reply before his father clarified, and it took him another moment. "She is appearing to calm down some... Her manner of speech is improving... But of course she is in all ways a child... And she enjoys the world as a child would. It is something I wouldn't begrudge her from doing... Childhood is such a fleeting thing... And for some it is robbed away from them long before it ever needed to be."
Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #68
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Sadly true." The king sighed. "I hope she does not begrudge the loss of her mother. I would deprive no child of such love but nor will I let my children fall under the sway of Tal Dragore."
Old 10-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #69
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You gave her mother every opportunity, your grace," Jason said, not even masking his expression. "She is too young to begrudge you for it... And should she start... it is as simple as telling her it was her mother's choice for it was..."
Old 10-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #70
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Raisa will pay for her mistakes." He looked away, his expression still pensive. "I do not entirely blame her- though I'll not admit that to anyone outside this room. A king is hard to love for some women- too busy, too distant, too often preoccupied. I can well believe she acted as she did to get my attention back on her, but she chose to cross me in a manner no lord could forgive."

He cleared his throat. "Speaking of mistresses, you are quit of the dowager Saherazai, aren't you?"
Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #71
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Which is why she is entirely to blame," Jason argued.

He sat up a bit straighter then. "She was never my mistress," Jason said. "She never wanted to be... Unless she could not get whatever it was she was seeking from Rhaegar... It was not difficult to tell that she was playing both of us, but it was a bit more difficult to discern why... Not that it matters... With the contracts that were found, there's enough that I can answer in confidence... Yes... It's over."
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #72
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"A pity about her." He shook his head in a slow, heavy way. "She was a bright girl, when she was younger. I liked her... but marriage didn't bring out the best in that one. I do not know why she picked the father to negotiate with, unless it was to spite the son... but why strike a bargain with Tal Vayth at all? Wanting the Golden Sons to shore up her position with her vassals, that's a choice I understood. Gawen...? Better to spend her time on matches with the lords nearer her own holdings."
Old 10-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #73
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I did, too," Jason said mournfully. "I can think of no other reason than spite... Rhaegar denied her something she wanted... And I get the feeling Winona's not the sort who is used to being told 'no.' It is perhaps maddening enough for her to abandon her better sense... Unless she is hoping to add Gawen to her long list of 'Reach lords who stand behind her."
Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #74
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Mm. And for what purpose one wonders..." His lips thinned as he thought that over. "I suspect she's shoring up support for a battle with Leah's boy. Another idiot... but a kinsman all the same. She's pissed off her vassals and I've had half a dozen petitions from the Saherazais objecting to her keeping their baby lord at court... and just as many insisting that child's no Saherazai to start with. They want her out of power. I've half a mind to look the other way while they go about getting their way."
Old 10-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #75
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And she seems to revel in it..." Jason said. "Perhaps she shouldn't have any... If this is what she has thus far done with it. She most likely wished to have the captain of a sellsword company at her side to dissuade those who she feared would come to strip her power... And once she learned she didn't have his support, she moved to garner the same support from his father... Perhaps to show in another way that she has a strong lord behind her... And if she's desperate enough to turn to Gawen... again... it probably comes down to spite... Or it could mean she can't rely on Blacktide to help her."
Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #76
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Of course she can't rely on Blacktide- but she'd have a better shot of shaming him into helping her if Vayth was." Rothgar tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair, thinking...

"I considered telling Alianor the wench has no more place at court. But then she's not where I can see her. I don't like that either. I'm hoping that in between Ziamara smoothing over Blacktide's fur she might find some clue about the position he's holding in regard to his cousin."
Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #77
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"True..." Jason said.

"That was my thought... And precisely why I was not ready to quit her company... It was easier hearing her thoughts when she shared my chamber... But she's either entirely given to sentiment, or she is skilled at playing her cards close to her chest. Given that she's a Wolfe... I suspect both are true."
Old 10-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #78
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"That damnable house," Rothgar muttered. "I've wished often enough that it was William who inherited in place of Wallace but the gods would rather fuck with us all." He picked up his drink again.

"I'm going to have to discuss an alternative regent for Tal Dragore. If the damned woman had just left well enough alone and governed instead of scheming, I would be saved the trouble. She's made noises about having to avoid a Veracora marriage but forgotten that the Veracora couldn't make such a match without all the wrath of Solarii falling on their heads. The two of them joining makes a bigger navy, true enough... but not if we joined with Adhemar. Worse still for them if Attericus loosed his easternmost lords to raid their holdings unchallenged. Seastone would be in ruins before a season turned."
Old 10-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #79
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm certain you are not the only one who has wished that often enough..." Jason said.

"Why not give it fully to the man who's been governing while she's been scheming? And part of me sincerely doubted the sincerity of her claim concerning Veracora... I think part of it was a ploy to convince Rhaegar to free her from such a fate... The other part thought surely it was for the naval power, but... she stopped making sense not long ago..."
Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #80
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Did she? What about?" Rothgar's brows rose.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #81
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"At first, I thought I had her motivations figured out... It seemed obvious that she was doing what she could to secure her son's future authority... But the longer I observed, the more it seemed she was more concerned about her own authority... And her son was simply an afterthought. And I do not know if that was not something that developed before my eyes or if she'd always been that way and was just terrible at maintaining the facade... She realized she wanted something she couldn't have... and it made her mad for it."
Old 10-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #82
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Such a pity." Rothgar's sigh was slow, heavy. "I more than half expected her to worm her way into being your mistress. It would have been the best way to secure her power as well as the boy's- and freedom from marriage. Until she inevitably caused a war with her own vassals... but still." He shrugged.

"Milena makes idiots of us all from time to time."
Old 10-06-2015, 12:12 AM   #83
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She made it clear she wished for Rhaegar's affections above my own... But she was happy to string us both along... and I wanted to know why... I think she had too much pride to become a mistress, but she did not want to lose me in case she could not become Rhaegar's wife... And sure enough... when she realized he wasn't going to marry her, suddenly she desired my affections again. She wanted to bolster her army with sellswords... That was far more attractive than being the mistress of a prince... But being the mistress of a prince was a nice alternative..."

He sighed. "I do not doubt that she cared for me. And I do not doubt that if she'd not been so foolish in her schemes, I could have come to care for her... But I've enough experience with women who aren't to be trusted to recognize when I'm being played."
Old 10-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #84
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"It's a sad day when even a crown can't keep a man from being spurned. Women. Fickle creatures." He watched his son closely as he spoke. "At least you worked out the gambit for yourself. Though you speak the part of a jilted lover quite well, son. I won't have to keep you at the opposite side of the table from the erstwhile dowager, I hope."
Old 10-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #85
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He grinned. "Is this what a jilted lover sounds like? Well... if this is what a jilted lover feels like, I do not understand their frustration half so much... I am only annoyed at her attempt to toy with me and Rhaegar... and a bit bemused by how inept she proved to be at it... Perhaps at first I was mournful over what might have been... but it's been a long time since I wished for something more with Lady Saherazai... Mostly, I just wanted to know what she was up to.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre