Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 3.27 after duel - kings, kin and concsequences - Rothgar, Melantha (closed)

He did not stop in his storm until he was almost back to the chambers--once he departed they would become the domain of Kyle Seyfert. Just outside the door, Rothgar paused long enough to order his squires to seek out and bring Melantha to him at once. Then he stalked inside and slammed the door.

By the time his servant announced her, he was already several cups of mead into a fresh pitcher and considering ordering another. Not all the honey in the world would wash the taste from his mouth.

"Melantha. I trust the rest of this trip you can keep a leash on your nieces?"
Old 09-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #2
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

When the summons came, Melantha was already pacing her shared quarters, snapping at anyone who was foolish enough to try and speak with her. She knew, she knew that this would come to task for her. And to think, once she had though Tyana had a sharp wit. Some reason. But no, another child who was given to tantrums and heedless, selfish acts.

Of course, none of those excuses would help her now. Squaring her shoulders, she went with the guard who had brought the summons, entering the rooms that Rothgar was ensconced in. Knowing full well that this, like the last audience of its nature, was going to be a lashing, she curtsied deeply, respectfully. Better to accept the punishment with some honor.

"Your Grace," she said, her voice tense with emotion. She disliked outright lying, but what a tricky question....had one asked her a week prior, she would not have thought a leash was needed with either of the twins. "If I could have flayed her myself, I would have. I don't know what is in her mind, but I believe.....I believe the blood that Darres spilled might be that leash." She had seen Tyana's face. The best way to keep her restrained would be to rub salt in that wound for a while.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"This is past bearing, Melantha." He slammed the cup down on the table. "I want you to write your brother. I'm sending word about her dower but I want him to understand this was a family matter as well. While I may suspect the girl learned her lesson, there are two others at her side who might be just as flippant. I don't mind tricks and childish pranks, and if a girl falls into bed with a knight or two, I can wink at the discord. But there are lines and Solvitreo, Harrowmont, Aldarayth or god-damned Wolfe, they need to know their limits."
Old 09-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

She flinched as he slammed the cup down, the sound echoing in the chamber, but did not cower. "I have already started the missive," she replied, although she did not add how many times she had to scribble out an epithet and start over. "Her actions were beyond the pale, and they don't reflect our family." Her lips were thin, pressed together in a tight line. "I cannot say why Darres felt that listening to her was a good idea, either." At this rate, Rothgar was going to demand that Keegan divorce her and send them all back, part and parcel, to Southshores.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Darres' arrogance is outstripped only by his talent with a sword," Rothgar snorted. "Though the latter may now be somewhat curtailed. He's been whining to your brother that he didn't want to be in court... well, he found a way to get his wish. Whether he sacrificed Tyana to get it..." He shrugged. "I'll let Adhemar sort it out."

Rothgar tapped his fingers on the tabletop and turned away to pace toward the window. "We'll make our way to Ashmark to meet Attericus, then on to Mirrormount to deal with the border lords. From there, it's Moonspire and we'll take barges down the Kingswash to Fairgrove to meet your brothers." And he'd be damned sure to question Lucinda the second they arrived.
Closed Thread

Tags
melantha vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre