Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 3.25, at the joust - among the people - OPEN

Mark loomed to Ziamara's side. Not that he didn't always tower over her, but there was at times a specifically heavier quality to his presence indicating her taciturn shield's disapproval of something or other. Right now, she suspected it was her choice to leave the royal box to take a brief turn around the grounds. There weren't many here but enough to form a passable crowd of spectators and hawkers of wares.

And Ziamara was getting rather more looks than usual. The White Princess wore white only on the lining of her sleeves, while her gown was of a bright blue that matched her eyes, with a belt of golden gryphons at her hips and garnets glittering in her hair. Her mourning was ended... and she wished it didn't feel so strange. Though whether that was her clothing or the tense atmosphere affecting her...

She tried to smile at Mark and was met with an impassive expression. Someone wanted to go back to the box. And she ought to... Jeharraz, Elijah, Kain and Luceon had all made it to the next round, which would start ere long.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

In contrast to her lady, Melantha had dressed in dark reds the color of old blood, and had brought out her best black silk half-veils, all the better to show these lessers in Delving how a true lady comported herself. She had a hawk's eye on the princess; she would not tolerate any slight in her direction from rabble. Inwardly, Melantha still smarted at being moved from her preferred household with Alianor and into service with Ziamara, but at least she genuinely liked the princess and found few enough faults with her. It was just.....Delving. She didn't belong here, not when she had gotten quite used to her prior duties. Shaking herself a little, she silently admonished that a fish who grew too large in a stagnant pool would soon die. Better that she swim out.

At least Zee had a clever tongue and was not a boring conversationalist. Had she been assigned to anyone lesser, Melantha might have pulled her own hair out or cursed the entire caravan on the way here. "If you are looking for more interesting sights, we'll have to actually move to another city," she said, in a dry, murmured tone at the princess' elbow as she moved to her side. Melantha's disparaging look around showed what she thought of the state of affairs. "Am I remembering this place more fondly because of childhood innocence, or was it truly better than this before?"
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Careful what you wish for, Mella." Ziamara shot a wry smile at her lady-of-the-chamber and honorary aunt. "The next place we rest at is Ashmark, but after that comes the Mondragons. Some kin to Edric, I think...? And Charlotte's close with them. I admit I'm not entirely eager to meet them." She grimaced and moved her arm so she was linked with Melantha. "I believe it was better. Though I only saw it at tourneys a handful of times. Jason seems to think the same as you."

She looked around at worried, thin faces and threadbare silks on a number of ladies. "Keep a list of names," she said in a lower voice. "I suspect we could lighten the burdens on a few households after we return to Volorro, by finding a few extra places at court or... at least at fatter castles..."
Old 09-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #4
demoted to extra

"I am in good company if my observations match your brother's," Melantha answered, patting Zee's hand absently as she looped their arms together. "But yes, not those cities. I am curious if we must get out of our carriages and assist the climb into Ashmark." Her tone was the disdain that a sea-born woman had for mountains, but she sighed, as she too took in the sad offerings of Delving now. "If my brother has been kind to my goodsister recently, then I should have no trouble in Ashmark all the same, answering to Attericus. So yes, my gaze still lingers here."

Nodding at the idea of a list, she looked over towards Zee and dropped her voice accordingly. "Not the names I was keeping track of, but that is indeed wise. Unless you think your father or brother might influence this troubling turn for the better?"
Old 09-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, no, Ashmark's not in the mountains, thank the gods. It's on a bit of a bluff but its the border castle. Father's decided we don't need to brave the high mountains this early in the year- no desperate climb to Highclere. Doing that once in my life was quite enough."

Ziamara straightened and patted Melantha's arm with a sigh from her full lips. "I don't know what they'll do. They will try, I know. Success... would be something worth sacrificing a few lambs over."
Old 09-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
demoted to extra

"Thank the gods for your father's wisdom, then. I might have simply lain down on the road and asked to be picked up on the way back," she joked, dryly. "But then Kalden would be most aggrieved, and been forced to go fetch his mother." That made her smile, her dark lips curving. "Almost worth it, wouldn't you say?"

In regards to the tower, Melantha did place a lot of trust in Rothgar's reading of the situation. He was not a blind ruler. "As long as they aren't our lambs, then I agree." She was holding her daughter and nieces a bit tightly while they were in Delving, but she believed in her instincts. "Speaking of lambs, how are you feeling, my sweet? You know you must only say the word and I would carry you back to Summerhall myself."
Old 09-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well enough," Ziamara said with a smile. "But I am tired. I cannot seem to sleep enough." The smile faltered. "I think father's going to insist I return to Summerhall. Jason is leaning to the same declaration. I'll take Lucia with me, as well as Sanzia and Celestia but that will leave you with Salindra... I wouldn't deprive her of seeing her family again. The two of you can stay with the court, and be my eyes and ears."

Ziamara looked around worriedly. "You'll see more than Salindra. And Alianor will be busy minding the extra ladies Charlotte sent with her."
Old 09-15-2015, 07:56 AM   #8
demoted to extra

Melantha's first instinct was to protest; as it was, she trusted only her own magisters and assorted retinue, even if the princess was afforded the best care. After all, they weren't all from the Shores, and that couldn't be overlooked...where else would they have gotten the best education? "You know I would resist leaving you, after I was so soon assigned to your care," Melantha observed. "I've barely gotten those scatter-brained ladies up to quality as it is." Her dry smile belied her words, for all that she had come in and taken over a bit. "But I think you might be right about Salindra. She may be too eager to see the best in family as it is, even were she paying attention." She paused, then added, "Is there something my lady would like to keep a weather eye on?"
Old 09-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Aside from Salindra not falling into bed with whoever crosses her path?" Ziamara asked under her breath, but she smiled. "Honestly... Jason. Though I... I am thinking maybe I shouldn't take Lucia with me. She might benefit from seeing more of the realm, I just... she might take more watching than Salindra right now." Some of Ziamara's usually polished speech was failing her today. She sighed, deciding to blame the exhaustion. "She's angry with her father. For the day of the riots, when he... rode out the wrong way. She's taken it into her head that none of us pay her any attention, or care about her. Part of me wants to hug her and wrap her in silks but another part thinks seeing other people's problems might wake her up a bit."
Old 09-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
demoted to extra

"Is that what Salindra has been up to again?" Melantha only smiled, albeit briefly. "You wish me to keep an eye upon your brother? I can guarantee he is not someone that Lucia, Salindra, or Alianor would be looking upon unless it was for their own concerns." The words could have been cruel, but she spoke them matter-of-fact. "You've given me quite the task list, Zee. Hopefully, your auntie is up to that." She shook her head at the description of Lucia. "Both she and Elinor....it is as though they've never dealt with unpleasantness before. I didn't think that Kadreth spoiled his children, but perhaps I was wrong."
Old 09-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose wrapping them in wool and putting them up on a shelf rather counts as spoiling." She looked thoughtfully at the people around them, noting thin faces and ragged hems... "He let Elinor dream of priestesshood instead of learning a household, and he let Lucia... well. We all let Lucia do as she wished after Kaleb. He wasn't alone in that one."

Ziamara's eyes were sad when she looked at Melantha. "Jason's one people always look at but seldom really see. He's... facing ghosts here. Not an auspicious beginning to this progress. I worry for him, and I know any letters he sends me are going to be at least half lies."
Old 09-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
demoted to extra

"He may have let them dream, but they have minds that are not complete mush, and they have eyes," Melantha responded, dryly. "There's no reason to cling so blindly, as both of them have done. They could see what was to happen. Especially Elinor! But I suppose stubbornness does run in your blood." She smiled. "Not just a Solvitreo trait, hmm?"

Melantha's gaze softened when Zee spoke of her brother. "Is it the memories of war, then? This place imparts a sense of impending battle, and even I who have never been to war can sense it. I can only imagine how it will be for those who were so recently soldiers." She paused, then added, "He will not be inclined to let me much closer either, Zee, for all that we are as much family as you and I. What should I do to have him let me see his true state?"
Old 09-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If it was just a 'Shores trait, I imagine we'd all still be bowing to an Asseryan emperor," Ziamara said with a laugh. "We're all doomed to being thick-skulled."

She shook her head. "No, not really the war. His brief fostering here, he... he built it into an idyll in his memories. The reality isn't living up to the past. Being back here, amid that sense of impending battle, remembering summer we lost James, and ..." Another sigh. "He won't let you see. He doesn't let me see the truth most of the time. Just... note his actions. It's possible I might read between the lines if I have your view and his words. And be ready to remind him he's got family with him. He withdraws when he should advance, when it comes to anything but a battle."
Closed Thread

Tags
melantha vellfyre, ziamara fairchild