Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 2.11 afternoon, along the road in the countryside- Messy roads, messy tempers - OPEN

When Parissa was seven, a troupe of Trimerid mummers had come across the Dragon's Pass and stopped in Highclere. They had featured a dwarf who rode a pig and declared himself the Emperor of Meridiez. For reasons she didn't remember, she and her playmates had taken a wild liking to the dwarf and his lines and had been quoting them at one another in loud, quasi-Merideen acccents for ages after. Probably, in retrospect, because their nurses (who spoke a hybrid of Meerish and common tongue) didn't understand and didn't appreciate it. It had become a fixation, as had riding pigs and various livestock, which was how they'd ended up wading into one of the pens to get to the sheep and discovered that the spring mud was up to their diminutive knees... and deeper in some places.

Humor had rapidly turned to fear and then to shrieking as they tried to slog back toward the fence only to find themselves exhausted and overwhelmed by the muck. Several of the herdsmen had come at last to laugh hysterically as they extricated the little lost highborns from the mud. She still had a deep unease every time there was a mire on the road and this road was nothing but a mire.

The caravan had come to a halt for the evening, with enough light to set up camp since they wouldn't come to the next castle before midnight and word from Princess Ziamara's carriage was that the princess was ill. And Cendrine had been throwing up in her own carriage from motion sickness...

Parissa had ridden for most of the day despite the misery of wet wool and soaked linens from the perpetual rain and drizzle, but the mud was getting worse and her horse's steps were slower and her own nerves were frazzled from the sucking sound and the countless almost-stumbles, the stops for mired wagons, and the thousand other things that went wrong when the roads were turning to rivers of mud.

She let one of the guards help her down from the horse, and was joined a moment later by her cousin Vespera. Hand in hand they made their way across a soaked meadow to where the tents were to be set up on a bit of higher land. Until Vespera's foot caught a bit of slick mud the wrong way and she stumbled, which dragged Parissa off balance. A moment later both of them squelched to a dazed sitting position, mud spattered and smeared across them and their cloaks. Vespera sighed and Parissa almost made a jest but a loud, braying laugh stopped her.

Pari's muddy blond head turned to look at Prince Myles, who was standing by and laughing uproariously. "Your faces--- AAHCH." The handful of mud she'd slung caught him right across his smug mouth.

"Yours is worse," she said primly.

Myles had gone still, and his face paled under the mud. "How dare you? I'm a prince!"

"You're a muddy, mouthy squire." Parissa pushed herself up to her feet. "Princes don't point and laugh at people. Especially not their own goodsister."

"They do when she deserves it. You look like a swineherd."

"And you smell like one."

"I can wash. You'll still smell like a dragon's ass no matter how much perfume you put on."

Parissa's hands curled into fists. "Does your mother know you talk like that-- oh I forgot. She probably can't even speak High Edolene. Or does her procurer give her lessons?"

Myles went from white to pink and took a pair of steps toward her. With his Vellfyre height, he might have been three years younger, but he was a couple inches taller. "Don't talk about my mother," he said, shoving her. Parissa stumbled back but she answered him by kicking straight at his shins.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

A guard had already gone running the moment the spat had begun... And it hadn't taken them long to find Jason who only sighed when he was told what had unfolded. He turned and while he hurried, he wasn't exactly running... Though... as he neared, he could hear the shouting and his eyes narrowed when the argument seemed to turn physical...

He was already too late to keep her from being shoved or from him getting kicked in the shins, but he figured both of them deserved it... And then finally he stepped between them, his hand reaching for Myles' collar and twisting, holding him in place before he got it into his head to retaliate for the kick. His eyes were on him first and he had not yet turned his attention to his young wife...

"Explain yourself," he said in a voice barely above a whisper.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
NPC Noble
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Myles hissed through his teeth as the brat's foot connected with his leg but he was only about to push her harder - back down in the damn mud- when something got hold of his collar. A split second later he realized who it was just before his brother spoke. Flushed with equal parts fury, humiliation and outrage Myles turned his eyes toward Jason. The expression settled into a viciously sullen scowl. "For what?" he demanded.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason shook him roughly and gave him a glare. "Careful, boy... if you want to play the idiot, I'll treat you like one. Now, I know you would never purposely push my wife, the princess, in such a violent manner as that. So obviously there must be some sort of explanation... So... let's hear it."
Old 05-12-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa had gone abruptly silent as she saw Jason approaching but crossed her arms and glared all the more furiously at Prince Myles. Her chin tilted up and she dared him to start the argument over again. The fact that with Jason's arrival they'd gotten an even bigger amount of attention wasn't helping her temper get any calmer anyway.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
NPC Noble
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He winced at his brother's rough handling and shot a resentful glance toward the so-called princess. "I---" No, Rollant wouldn't have just cowered. He never would have.

Myles glared at Jason again, mutinous. "I was endeavoring to teach my goodsister something of grace and manners befitting a princess. Obviously you haven't bothered, brother. Maybe father should have found you something tamer than a dragon."
Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 PM   #7
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason rolled his eyes... and for a moment... he looked bored... And then in the next, he released his collar and instead grabbed a handful of his hair, twisting that and tugging him up to his toes so he could lean down closer to him.

"And in so doing you have forgotten yours. Or perhaps you haven't bothered to learn them yourself... Maybe father should have considered that before making you a prince. But never you mind. I will remind you." He lowered him again but his hand tightened and he brought him forward to stand just out of arms reach in front of Parissa. "Apologize for your unchivalrous behavior now, Myles... I will not ask twice."
Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #8
NPC Noble
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Owwww!" Myles whimpered as his brother dragged him by the hair, before he managed to silence himself. Jason let him down enough that his feet were fully on the ground and turned him to face the ragamuffin girl and her wide-eyed cousin...

"I... apologize... for... laughing at you, my lady. You can't help your face looking like that." The last part was said in a rush, before Jason could do anything to silence him.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He had finally glanced at his wife and opened his mouth to speak to her once the apology came out... But his brother saw to it that it would have to wait. He sighed... Yanked hard on his hair while his other hand reached for his belt... It was another swift movement that saw his dagger slice through blonde strands, cutting clean through what was once very beautiful hair... Well... it still was beautiful. It was just no longer attached to anything.

Just in case his brother was confused about what happened, Jason held the handful in front of him before opening his hand to let it all float and flutter down... "Suppose you can't help how you look now either..."
Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 AM   #10
demoted to extra

My Mood:

If Jason hadn't drawn a dagger, Parissa might've sprung into the fray again but she went completely still the second the blade appeared. Her eyes grew huge as her husband sawed through Myles' beautiful princely hair... leaving him looking like a half-shorn sheep. Parissa heard someone else gasp and her own hand came up to cover her mouth.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:17 AM   #11
NPC Noble
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Myles yelled when his brother started trying to tear his hair out... or hack it off... no. He did hack it off. His HAIR.

He stumbled back in shock as the pieces of hair fluttered down in front of him, coughed and had to wipe some of it out of his face. He fixed a horrified stare on his older brother. "Y-you..." Someone was laughing, chortling, snickering... But Jason had let go of him and Myles didn't waste another heartbeat, he turned and ran toward his sister's carriage.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:22 AM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason let him run... Better to let him cool down before he spoke with him anyway. Perhaps his sister could help... though he wondered if it was wise to bother her just now. He turned and snapped at Varric. "If she's sleeping... he's not to bother her." Varric nodded and looked towards the carriage... Then breathed... and started towards it.

Meanwhile, Jason replaced the dagger and then brushed his hands together to be rid of the hair that stuck and then turned towards his wife. "It was either that or beat the hell out of him..." he explained. "I apologize for his behavior, darling... He should know better than that... There's no excuse. Though, I am certain he believed there was... What happened to make you both so cross?"

Last edited by Jason Vellfyre; 05-13-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:37 AM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was staring after Myles and almost didn't hear the first of Jason's speech. "I... huh?" Oh, he was talking to her. She blinked at him. "It's muddy," she said simply as if that explained everything. Which in her mind it did. But a second later she realized he wouldn't understand. "And Ves and I fell and then he was laughing so I threw some of the mud at him..." She glanced back toward the carriage looked at Jason again and shrugged.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:41 AM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He was with her... up until she threw the mud. Jason lifted his hand to his temple and shook his head. "You threw...? Parissa..." he sighed. "I... can't say that I blame you for wanting to... but... could you think of no better way to address his rudeness than to throw mud at him?"
Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa blinked again and her head tilted as she looked up at Jason, her brown eyes thoughtful. "Yes, but I didn't have a dagger at hand, my prince. I will remedy that at once, if you advise it."
Old 05-13-2015, 12:51 AM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason had to bite his lip... and then he stepped closer to her and held his hand out for her to take. "I like being married to you... As I'm sure you stabbing my brother might make my father reconsider that, I would prefer you not carry daggers around my brother... Unless of course you mean to just cut the rest of his hair... or a couple of toes... That would be fine."
Old 05-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I will remember. Hair. Toes. I'm sure he wouldn't miss either." She hesitated to put her hand in his- both of hers were coated in mud and she looked up apologetically before putting tentative fingertips over his palm. "Please excuse me, your highness." Though everyone who'd been riding was splattered with mud and muck, she was thoroughly coated. She was distracted from further explanation by looking around at the people who were still watching the mumming show. Myles' exit had at least lowered some of the interest...
Old 05-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Zanara had still been on her horse when the prince and princess got into their fight. She blew out an exasperated huff of breath and dismounted to wait out the fracas by speaking to her maid and magister. Her veil was askew and there was mud all over her hem so she let her maid see to straightening out the veil. The Crown Prince meting out a sharp lesson to his brother in the form of scythed hair got a few muffled laughs and chortles but Zanara started making her way through the muck toward her cousin and Prince Jason.

"Your highness, pardon me." Zanara dipped a slight curtsy as she drew nearer then she held out a clean kerchief to Parissa. "It will not be good to let you catch a chill in that wet gown, cousin. We might be able to help you clean up in the wheel house while the servants build the fires and set the pavilions... if there is some water nearby we can send a few lads to fetch some and wipe the worst away."
Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 AM   #19
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason didn't give much thought to the mud himself... It was better than sand in the socks and shoes... He nodded to her and parted his lips to speak of how he wasn't bothered by it, but his attention was drawn to Zanara and he inclined his head towards her, giving her a grateful smile.

"That might be for the best," he said, turning his head back to his wife. "I do not wish for you to become ill again. What I have to say, therefore, can wait."
Old 05-14-2015, 01:14 AM   #20
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Her smile was sweet and above all grateful as the Prince delayed whatever remonstrance was doubtless coming on her cousin. Zanara put a hand on Pari's sleeve to help guide her back toward the wagons. Better to leave before he changed his mind.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa gave her husband a slightly curious look but nodded at Zanara's suggestions as she took her kerchief and dabbed at her face. "If you wish, I can seek you out once the camp is set up," she said, momentarily resisting Zanara's tug on her sleeve though she suspected Zara was right in getting out quickly.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, parissa harrowmont, zanara solvitreo