Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 8.31.30 | A Swift Good Bye | Amina, Roland

News was flying through the camp that the Queen and her retinue were leaving for Tor Vellesca. And with that retinue was Tyana, and within her retinue was his sister. Even though he had many duties to attend to, and the news had interrupted his practice, Roland ran as quickly as he could in his training armor. He accidentally bumped into an older servant woman who was carrying a jug of water, likely for some lady's bath. When it fell, spilling it's contents, the lady cursed him up and down by every god there was. He didn't have time to apologize though, and he was sure if he did stop, she would likely whip him like he remembered being whipped as a young page when he did something wrong.

Roland skidded to a halt in front of the pavilions set up for a queen. The Crownsguard out front eyed him as he panted, trying to catch his breath. "I'm here... to see.... my sister...," the squire took another deep breath and stood straight. "Lady Amina Solvetrio." The guard swatted a page that had been seated next to him, polishing a bit of armor, and the boy ran inside. He came back quickly and the guard nodded Roland in.

Roland stepped into the tent which was a flurry of activity. He stood in the entry way, entirely confused as to which way to go.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)

"Roland!" she squealed, and ran over to him, leaping toward him in a hug. "I was wondering if you would come to see me before I left! How are you? I wish I didn't have to leave..." her lower lip stuck out in a pout.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

The young man laughed and spun around when his sister leapt into a hug, mostly to keep his own balance. He set her down and shifted his ill fitting breastplate. "I'm alright. Sorry to see you go. But of course I have to say good bye!" The squire looked around at the scurrying people. "Why the sudden change of course?"
Old 01-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am unsure." She furrowed her brow. "I think it has to do with wedding plans for Prince Jason and Pari...Lady Parissa," Amina corrected herself, and held her arm out so that he could take it and go outside the tent to talk...if he wanted to, of course. "But I don't think it's only that."
Old 01-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

Roland followed her outside, avoiding as many people as he possibly could. "Well that really isn't any of our concern, I only wish you didn't have to leave." Even though he said that, he only hoped that whatever the reason, it wouldn't make the king irritable. When Rothgar was angry, it only meant more work for him and the other squires.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #6
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Roland seem to take much to gossip. That was a shame. "Oh, me too, but just think! We won't be separated for long, and I'm sure there will be more parties and celebrations...and we'll definitely have to catch up then!"
Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

"Of course! And soon after that the Holy Days! Those are always entertaining," Roland said and smiled, sitting on an exposed stump before wiping the sweat from his brow that had collected during training and his run through the camp. "I was worried I wouldn't make it in time before you had to go. It's a shame. I wanted to see more of you hawking skills, you and that bird of yours are getting quite good."
Old 01-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #8
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"In the last hunt a little while ago, my hawk brought back two rabbits. I was very proud of her." Amina spoke of her hawk like a mother spoke of her child...a bird was a sore replacement for a child, but that could be saved for when she was wed. "And the prince and his hunting party took down a boar. Those are...huge!"
Old 01-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #9
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

"They are!" Roland said. "Though I hope you never try to go after one. I believe your hawk would have a hard time carrying one to you." The boy smiled and leaned back. "She is doing very well, soon she'll be the envy of the whole court. And you as well for having her."
Old 01-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #10
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Come on, Roland, you're my brother. You don't need to flatter me." She giggled. "But, if you want to...keep at it. I won't complain."
Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #11
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

"It's not flattery if it's true!" Soreness was beginning to set into his muscles from training with Uriel. Roland stretched out his arm and rotated it in its socket to stretch. "Besides, your archery could use some work. I was hoping there would be time for me to help you practice this trip, but under the circumstances... I guess we'll just find time back at Vellesca."
Old 01-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #12
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm a wonderful archer," she pouted. "Why would I need more work?"
Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #13
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

Roland chuckled. "You're good, there's no doubt. But you could be better." The squire leaned back and smiled at his sister. "I wish you had more time to practice, but it seems we're both busy recently."
Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 AM   #14
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, Roland, you are a squire to the king! Of course you'd be busy. I serve Tyana, and that means I serve the queen, in a sense. Though..." her voice lowered a bit. "...it has been kind of boring lately."
Old 02-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #15
(Squire) Roland Salt
demoted to extra

"Well that doesn't sound like much fun," the boy said and stood. "Perhaps when I get back to Vellesca, we could find some time to sneak away and go for a ride. I've heard of people who can shoot from horseback. I bet you'd be great at that!"
Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #16
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have always wanted to try that," Amina said. "No one would ever let me go at it alone...though I think that if you came with me, people wouldn't make too much of a fuss."
Closed Thread

Tags
amina solvitreo, roland salt