Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #61
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Yes he is," he nodded. And likely would be a better lord than their eldest brother could ever dream of. "No... Not old yet, but I've not heard anything of marriage contracts being signed with his name on them... so if he's looking to have children... he's not really made it his top priority." In truth, it was likely because Blacktide had other troubles to contend with.

He grinned. "I shall. Though... it may be well late into fifth month before I am able to go. Depending on how taxes go this year."
Old 01-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #62
(Lady) Shiera Veracora
demoted to extra

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Well, the war is over now. Plenty of young rich widows for the men to choose from, I suppose. My sister is one. Not too rich... but not too poor, either. I suppose if your brother wants to marry the best of them, he should hurry." An honorless, but intelligent, man would have waited out the war for just that reason. The court was full of women in white, still young, with a child or two as testament to their ability to have them. And men who didn't see that as an opportunity were... well. Men.

A roll of thunder broke again overhead, this time louder as the storm closed in, and the pitter patter on the canopy increased its volume, more raindrops making their way to the forest floor. The rabbits, who had been grazing in the clearing, scattered at the thunder to make their way to drier places. Shiera sat back on her heels and gathered up the mushrooms and strawberries and returned to her horse, carefully wrapping them in cheesecloth before stowing them away in one of the saddlebags. Pudding flicked her tail at the raindrops hitting her back.

"Fifth month is a long time from now," she said, returning to Warrick but not stooping to sit beside him. "Hopefully it passes quickly,for your sake."
Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #63
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Knowing his brother, he would want a young bride. Virginal. Untouched and therefore completely his. He'd want somebody he could manipulate. Control. Somebody who knew nothing and would rely on him wholly. He would, therefore, only have interest in widows that were only newly made wives when the war began and had not been able to consummate their marriages. "I have never been good at guessing what he wants," he said with a shrug.

He sat and ate another berry, his eyes following her to her horse before he looked up and let the rain his his face. It felt so nice... So soothing. "I don't know... I'm finding more and more reasons to enjoy being at court," he said, finally opening his eyes and looking at her again. "Being able to go for rides or walks with you, for example."
Old 01-25-2015, 10:52 PM   #64
(Lady) Shiera Veracora
demoted to extra

"And hopefully other things," she said, teasing, bending down to take the pile of flowers Warrick had cut. "Come, we should go further into the woods. If I cannot find meadowsweet, then there may be other things of use."

She stretched a gloved hand out to Warrick with a smile as a raindrop hit her cheek. "Do you need help up?"
Old 01-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #65
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Please," he said, reaching for her hand. "My knees like to remind me I'm not a squire anymore..." He shifted, getting to one knee and pushing himself up. He used his own arm more than her because he did not wish to pull her down by accident... And in so doing, his foot slipped on slick grass. He had enough instinct to let her go before he fell back down, and he was close enough to the ground that he didn't injure more than his pride. "Could we... pretend that didn't happen?" he asked from his stomach, sighing and then pushing himself up again. There was grass down his front and some dirt... Some spots of mud here and there... "Well... What a pair we make..."
Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #66
(Lady) Shiera Veracora
demoted to extra

"Oh!" gasped Shiera in surprise as Warrick fell, and she bent as quickly as possible to catch him before he fell, but she was too slow and he too heavy, anyway. Not much of a fall, she judged, and when he rose with a sigh she was already laughing - but it was clearly in sympathy, rather than at his expense.

"Pretend what happened?" she asked, her hand absently rising to help him brush off his shirt. "That you helped me find some wild carrot? Nonsense, I'll be sure to Melantha what a help you were..." She glanced up, smiling, but no longer laughing. "The rain's like to wash us long before we return to camp, anyway."
Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 AM   #67
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You are very kind," he laughed, catching her hand. "And very reassuring." He bent then to press a brief kiss to her cheek. "And thank you... I'm not easy to embarrass... but... my face... how red is it?" he asked. "I promise I have better balance than that... usually..." He was about to say unless he'd had a lot of wine. But even then...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:53 AM   #68
(Lady) Shiera Veracora
demoted to extra

Shiera's smile disappeared, but slowly it grew again, rain hanging in droplets in her hair, rain hitting her shoulders. Her eyes were warm, though the rest of her was growing clammy in the damp. "A little red," she said. "But mostly wet. You are a sight, even such as this. You should sit for a painting. Aramis, perhaps. How they'd love you for his likeness."
Closed Thread

Tags
shiera veracora, warrick wolfe