Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Kingsport

Kingsport The smaller (population 8,000) but northernmost port of the 'Reach, Kingsport's fortunes faltered and fell in the last ten years with Zaksalam cutting off the northern trade routes, but the city is recuperating with the return of trade. The town's name is from the Vellfyre summer palace which is built nearby and serves as a seat for younger sons and a place for the court to flee in case of plague in Tal Volorro.
Summerhall

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:24 AM   #61
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

He held his breath and did not breathe until she spoke. When he did breathe again, his body trembled, his hands shaking almost uncontrollably. "No... They weren't men. They were something else, but certainly not men... Every day I endured their cruelty until I got sick... Infections... I had a fever and they... they made me better... They didn't want me to die, Zee... They wanted to keep me alive so they could make me hurt... So when the fever broke... I think I was going to die. I was ready for it... And then... It was so quiet... I dreamed of you... Of you and James and Valencia and Rollant... And then Elijah was there... I thought I was still dreaming but... he was there with Rhaegar... They took me out of there but the pain... For so long I begged them to end it... It was too much... Sometimes... it still is."
Old 12-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #62
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"If it was too much, you wouldn't be here." Ziamara steeled herself, and pulled his shirt up further. "Take it off. I want to see you. All of it." It wasn't exactly a demand, but it was insistent- she was pushing his shirt further off without really waiting for his answer. She took a breath. "Someone has to see. If no one sees, it's not real, and if it's not real it won't ever leave your dreams. It's like a ghost. Their ghosts. I'm not letting their ghosts keep you too. I'm not." It wasn't really making sense but somehow, if knowledge was power then knowing had to be part of how to win... Her hand pressed against his side. "You're my brother. They're dead and they can't win."
Old 12-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #63
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason reached up to pull his shirt over his head to reveal all of it. His breaths were quick now and he kept staring straight ahead. "You see now why I keep it hidden, though... Valencia... father... they can never see this. If they knew... They'd pity me... I don't want that... I just want to be like I was before..."
Old 12-23-2014, 05:03 AM   #64
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You aren't like you were before. And if they want you to be, they're idiots." She put her hands on his shoulder to steady herself, then moved so she was sitting at his side, facing the other way, so she could pull his face around to look at her. "You're hurt... and you're afraid... but you'll heal. And when you do not the gods themselves will hold any terror for you." Her gaze, though dilated, didn't waver. She focused, and she would be damned before she let him slide back.

Ziamara's hands moved down over his scars, and she drew closer, so her lips were almost touching his cheek. "You are what you are... Just be you. That's all anyone should ever want anyway."
Old 12-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #65
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No... Not since James died... From that moment, they've wanted someone more..." He shook his head and turned his body so he could put his arm around her again. "I'm sorry, Zee... I shouldn't have... put this on you... I know you want to be here for me... I love you for that... but... still... You're my little sister. I shouldn't have..." Even so, he smiled and kissed her cheek. "I love you, Zee. And thank you."
Old 12-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #66
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes you should," she corrected, and curled into him, wriggling until she'd managed to end up in his lap. "You always should. Because I need to be your sister... I'm not very good at much else. But I am good at this." She looked up at him, worried and tearful. "It doesn't matter whatever anyone else wants, all right? I don't want what they do. And Valencia doesn't even remember James so see... it's not so bad."
Old 12-23-2014, 05:43 AM   #67
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such lies. You're good at a lot of things, Zee. Best at being a sister, but you must admit... nobody quite has the heart that you do." He kissed her cheek and held her tight.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #68
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Those words made her chest hurt and she buried her face against his shoulder, willing the world to stop whispering to her. "No one at all... I don't have one. They're all in boxes under the bed." She sighed. "Just... promise you'll keep the door shut..."
Old 12-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #69
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes... I promise," he said, rubbing her back. "You're safe here, Zee."
Old 12-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #70
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She wondered if he knew how wrong that was, but it didn't matter. Her eyes were heavy and she cuddled against his chest, too tired to question the wisdom of trusting tent walls. Her hand moved to rest at his side, fingertips against a scar. "Thank you... if he comes... just... say I'm sick... the ghosts are all dancing anyway..."
Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 AM   #71
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Okay," he whispered, closing his eyes. "Rest, sweetling. I'll keep watch."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, ziamara fairchild