Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge

Westridge The mountainous region ruled by House Harrowmont, noted for treacherous roads, snowwine, ghost tales, fabled mines and ruined fortresses. Elonian raids are tearing at the peace of the land.
Full Description .
Mirrormount . Moonspire .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 4.30.331 | Grey Glenn - Slowly Moving Back | Kalden, Lucia [ask to join]

They told her she needed to take it easy. To not move. To allow her body to heal. But she didn't want to stay in one place. More than that... She couldn't stay in one place. It made her mind run in circles. Made her think about things she didn't want to think about. She wondered over the concept of death way too much in her solitude. Could the death see you? Could they read your thoughts? Or would they have better things to do? Who would she want to be around if the dead could return...?

Then she thought about dying and how close she'd come. How close so many had come. How... some hadn't managed to escape it even when, by all rights, they should have been fine. Too much to think about and she didn't want to think about it anymore. And as far as visitors went for distraction...? The only person who offered their company was Elinor and... she needed a break from her sister.

She slowly made her way down the corridor. He wasn't so far away. And it seemed, at the moment, nobody else was sitting at his side. It was still strange navigating with the bandage around her head, wrapped over her eye. She knew this was how the world was going to look now... That vision was not going to return... And they still wanted to take her eye. She wasn't going to let them. She'd die first.

Carefully she lowered herself into the seat next to his bed and reached out to touch his hand, shaky fingers squeezing around his. She felt ill now. Headaches that never went away. And walking hadn't helped. But still... being near her cousin felt better than laying in that bed.

"Kalden..." she whispered. "Be okay. I need you to be okay... Okay?"
Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Much of his recovery had been marred by pain, fits of unconsciousness, and medicines given to him by magisters, magisters whose faces he could not place. At times, there were fits of wakefulness, where he spoke to his brother, to his sister. Now...

...he felt a hand squeeze his and he squeezed back, weakly. Then, a voice, cut through his sleepy haze.

"...Lucia." Kalden's voice sounded rough, strained, mainly from the lack of use.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia could have cried at the sound of his voice. In fact, she could already feel how the emotion set her eyes to watering. "Oh, Kalden... You sound like shit," she murmured, leaning closer and squeezing his hand with both of hers. "But it is so good to hear your voice."
Old 03-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His lips quirked up in a half-smile...but even that seemed like almost too much effort to do. "What..." Kalden gently nodded his head toward her covered eye. "...what happened, coz?"
Old 03-24-2016, 01:10 AM   #5
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her lips trembled and she leaned closer to his bed, laying her cheek against the hand she was holding. "Kal... They... they want to take it. They said it's showing signs of infection... and that if I don't let them take it... it will kill me," she said, her good eye filling with tears.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:06 AM   #6
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lucia..." he let out his breath in an almost frustrated sigh. "Will you...just...let them take it? For...fuck's sake." Even laying down, injured, he was still the same old Kalden. "You..."
Old 04-02-2016, 11:23 PM   #7
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shook her head and turned so her lips brushed his knuckles. "No..." she answered in a hushed voice. "I'll die first. I mean it, Kal... If it's pride, then I blame my blood... But it's more than that, too... I... am tired... So much has been taken from me... I won't let them take this."
Old 04-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #8
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He grunted and groaned his way up to a sitting position, through stubbornness alone. That was too much effort. He gasped, rested his head against the headboard of the bed, closed his eyes, before turning his head to look at her. "Oh, you'll die first. That will teach everyone a valuable lesson, won't it? You'll be dead and nothing will be accomplished other than people saying 'if only she hadn't' and so on and so forth. Well done, coz. Well done."
Old 04-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She lifted her head and put her hand on his shoulder, trying to keep him from moving, but he was Kalden, and like so many of her cousins, when he wanted to do something, there was little one could do to stop him. There was a painful stinging that came next. Tears. Her eye, useless though it was, still produced them, and each time she cried, it felt like somebody had started a fire inside her skull.

"I don't care if it teaches a lesson or not, Kalden. It's... not about that. Not about who's right or wrong or what they'll say about me if it kills me... I'm not out to prove a point or to get my way... I just..." She let her shoulders slump and she looked for a long moment into his eyes. "I don't think I care anymore... And that scares me. I want to desire life... I want to be glad that I lived... But I don't feel anything. I'd rather feel pain than nothing..." She shook her head. "I... don't want to talk about it. I've come to keep you company. Hopefully I can do that without spreading misery. You... shouldn't move so much, coz."
Old 04-26-2016, 02:22 AM   #10
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lucia." He gave her a look of warning, and his voice turned dangerously low. Anyone who knew Kalden, knew that meant he was none too pleased. Much like his father, if Kalden was quiet, it meant he was livid. "I'll move if I damn well please. And listen to me. I already have to deal with a brother who'd rather drink himself to death than live. I have a sister who cares more about everyone else's problems than herself. And I'm a royal fuckup...gods, my mother doesn't deserve the three of us as children. Very few tolerate me unless they have to. You...you've never had to. I'll be damned to the hells if I have to wake up and hear you've chosen to leave this world, or let illness take you. Do you understand? I won't let that happen."
Old 05-03-2016, 11:11 PM   #11
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia stared at him for a moment. She said nothing even though her lips parted like she might but words seemed to fail her. Her eye looked to the ceiling in the way eyes did when people were trying to stop themselves from crying.

"You're better than you think you are, Kal," she said, her voice thick and and soft. "You don't know how much you mean to me. You've been more a brother to me than my own, and... in your eyes, I've never felt invisible. I think... there are only two people in the world I would do this for... but... if it comes to it... if infection starts to set in... I'll let them take the eye. I promise. I just... I'm not ready. It's hard enough being the dull Vellfyre... But worse is being the pitied one... Or the repulsive one... The useless one. If the king can't use me for an advantageous marriage, he'll just... shove me in a dark shadow and it'll be as if I died anyway."
Old 05-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #12
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We're all useless, in one form or another." He managed to smirk, though it looked strained with the effort. "Me most of all. And look at it this way, at least in terms of things...if a man can talk to you without cringing in disgust, you'll know he's a keeper."
Old 06-03-2016, 12:19 AM   #13
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No. No we are not. You can wield a sword. Maybe not right now, but you will soon enough. You are, contrary to you wishing to prove otherwise at times, quite good at being diplomatic. And Jason adores the shit out of you. It isn't the same, Kalden. I'm a woman... I cannot fight. I cannot advise. And now... I cannot marry." She looked away from him. "And... part of me is glad."

Her head snapped towards him, and her hand flew out before she could stop it. Fortunately, she'd intended only for a playful slap and she caught the top of his hand. "That's not nice!" she said, though she cracked a smile. "There was such a man. But now he's gone... And I blame my sister. I guess... to any other man, my dowry would be rather attractive."
Old 06-07-2016, 01:25 AM   #14
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There it was. He knew he could get her to smile. "Oh stop, I'm sure if the man is gone it was entirely of his own doing, with no help from your dear sister." He knew she spoke of Jayme, but wasn't aware of all that happened, what with being unconscious and in pain and all. "Did the illustrious Jayme finally come to his senses and get the fuck out of court? If so, I have to wonder why you didn't run away with him or some shit..."
Old 06-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #15
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose I still could run away with him. But the road he travels now is not one the living can walk." She felt her shoulders sag, and she had to fight back the urge to cry. It made her eye feel so strange when she worked up tears. "Jayme is gone. Except for what I carry with me now... The memory of what we shared, and the way he filled my heart when I thought none could. The way I know none will ever again."
Old 06-08-2016, 01:59 AM   #16
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fuck. I'm sorry, Lucia...I didn't know. The fucker was a moon-faced sod every time anyone even mentioned your name." Kalden sighed, put a hand over his face, let it drop. "I know it seems like you'll not find it again...but who knows. Who knows what pleasures the gods might bring us. Or what assholes they can be."
Old 06-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #17
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And I... held him at arm's length for too long. Afraid for his safety. Afraid that I might actually come to love him. And then I did... And it was dumb and foolish, but I would do it all over again if given the chance..." she admitted. "I don't know anymore, Kal. I know how I must sound... but, how can I not feel like the gods have cursed me. My mother, my brother, the riots, the plague, and now this?"
Old 06-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #18
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Eh, fuck 'em." Kalden gave a small shrug. "Keep on living, keep on going, if only to spite them and their ill-begotten whims."
Old 06-26-2016, 11:49 PM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And what sort of life may I live? The life that is allowed. And yet, 'tis still better than most. How then can it be called a gift?" She stopped and frowned. "Shit... I'm whining too much. I sound just like those bitches who moan about having to wear the same dress twice..."
Old 06-29-2016, 02:48 AM   #20
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He shook his head. "We're all allowed to whine a little bit, coz. At least I won't slap you for it."
Closed Thread

Tags
kalden vellfyre, lucia vellfyre