Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Rothgar Vellfyre

Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
(Princess) Valencia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default 1.04.331 | After-Discussion Discusion | Rothgar, Valencia (closed)

Valencia was feeling better... Sort of. While the absolute worst parts of the illness were over and her rash was beginning to fade away entirely, the fever had left her weak - weaker than she already was, considering her sickness with the child. Added to that, the healing lashes on her back the festering of those too...

She simply had no energy to do anything, which was just as well since she was still confined in the tower. Mostly she slept, gingerly propped up on her side or hunched over a bundle of pillows, but sometimes she was well enough to read or write - although everything she wrote, she immediately burned. It wasn't anything important, just schematics for puzzles or devices she theorized she could build, but she had a peevish need to keep all her thoughts private, given her surroundings.

She'd been dimly aware of what was going on in Tal Volorro, but no one had explained much, not even when Raisa Verrun's children were brought to Valencia's care for a while. Obviously, they couldn't explain. She was just glad her siblings were well-behaved, because she had no strength to chase and chastise them. It was much easier to read to them and let them fall asleep on her bed than to play; even if she'd have wanted to, her weakness and injuries would have made it impossible.

Someone had come to fetch them later, and Valencia slept. And slept. And slept through all the next morning. She was only somewhat awake when she was told her father had arrived. Valencia didn't bother to try and stand, just nodded her head and remained crouched over a pile of pillows and waited.
Valencia Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

He walked in without preamble- there was no point in ceremony here and he was in no mood for it; what little patience he had was long since lost to councilors or vassals or rambling magisters. Rothgar paused by the doorway as he surveyed Valencia and then the bedroom...

His eyes narrowed slightly and looked at his daughter again. "Still confined to bed?" he asked. "How long before they tell you that you might be able to keep up with the court?"
Rothgar Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valencia did her best to sit upright, but it was a weak effort, and she still mostly sagged against the support of her pillows. "No one has said anything to me about the court, Your Grace," said Valencia. "A magister has told me that I might be 'recovered within reason' by the beginning of next month, but that is all I have been told. There is a magister named... Orris... Orren? Orrek? He has seen me most often in Master Draven's place and would know."
Old 03-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar's jaw set. "Then see you recover swiftly, Valencia." He walked closer, and dropped at last into a chair across from her bed, but did not draw it nearer. "Half of Firewell is in flames, the temple district in ruins. And I will soon be burying another child, if not two. Has your brother come to speak with you yet?"
Old 03-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valencia frowned in confusion, trying to muddle her way through already muddled thoughts. Rollant and James were already dead.. Cendrine and Jayme were perfectly fine as of the night before, and if her father spoke so casually of Jason then... "Is Zee ill?" she asked, then blinked heavily. "Oh... Jason was here, yes, but I don't recall when exactly. I don't even know how many days I've been here... I'm not terribly sure I know what day it even is."
Old 03-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #6
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"The fourth day of first month," he answered. "Ziamara was injured in the riots yester-eve- that would be the sounds you might have heard last evening- and the magisters doubt she will last the week." The words were heavy and tasted like coal in his mouth. "There is a place in the tomb with Rollant and James; she'll lie there if it comes to that."
Old 03-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Someone said something... Riots... I didn't really understand it. Was Raisa hurt or merely busy? They brought the little ones here but no one explained what happened. Why was Zee in the middle of a riot?"
Old 03-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He sighed. "Some of the court wen to the temples to pray but the smallfolk rose up in the city- locking the palace gates against them always gets resentment even though it's the only hope of containing the contagions... but this time when they oculd not break the palace gates they turned on the gods themselves and ransacked the temple district. Your sister was caught out in it, as was Raisa. She was injured... terribly shaken but her wounds will heal."
Old 03-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's..." Valencia looked disgusted and horrified all at once. "Why? I don't understand. The temples do nothing but help the people of this city. My sister is a princess - what kind of madness would cause them to injure her?"
Old 03-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #10
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Fear, hunger, sickness... evil?" He shook his head. "Take your pick, daughter. They sacked the lesser armed and smaller temples, even overran Thorin's... your sister was praying to Hermes when they tore it apart. From what I've gathered, she dressed as a priestess to hide but it did not matter- they were intent on killing the godsworn just as much as the highborn. Lucia too is gravely hurt, along with Lady Saherazai and a dozen others. Several guards... I don't know how many priests and acolytes. It was a dark day, and it will cast a long shadow."
Old 03-16-2015, 12:37 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She set her mouth in an angry, stubborn line, and even with her posture sagging, Valencia managed to look as prickly and disapproving as ever. "Then I hope you are able to round up as many responsible and crucify them in a line along the Kingsport Road," she said.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #12
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"I hope so as well," he said honestly. "I'll make an offering of them at her tomb. Until then, I have a city half ablaze, and a court in wild disorder. Would you mind overmuch if I assigned some of the Solvitreo parties to your chamber for a few days? It might keep Alianor better composed and give your mother one less matter to fret over."
Old 03-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valencia looked around her room before she turned her gaze back to Rothgar. "No, I don't mind. The threat of illness for myself is passed, but I'm afraid I'm in a rather... slovenly state and there's little I can do about it, given my current limitations. If you don't mind me appearing so to the Solvitreos, then I am content to host whomever you assign to this chamber."
Old 03-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #14
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Play up the illness, if you want." He waved a hand. "The whole palace is in a slovenly state- and likely will be for some time. At least here they''ll be out of the way. I'm afraid your mother may strangle Tyana if someone doesn't keep the girl out of her way- much like Ali and Lenore."
Old 03-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Typically I might count myself at risk of strangling Tyana, too, but at least I am fortunately unable to offer much risk of throttling her senseless for the moment," she said, as diplomatically as possible. But then she looked confused all over again. "Is Lenore quarrelling with your sister now?"
Old 03-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #16
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He sighed. "Lenore is quarrelling with Edric, which I am sure you can see is the same thing. Kalden managed to create a minor war by accusing Len of adultery in the great hall- he was drunk, of course..." Rothgar's scowl spoke for his thoughts on it. "But Edric took offense. I had to talk him off a cliff- he actually wanted a divorce over the lunacy. So now Lenore and Melantha are at odds with Alianor. A little thing like a riot and the death of one of my children is unlikely to sway my sister's pride in her son." The bitterness and burgeoning anger slipped past his usually guarded voice.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Wonderful," said Valencia flatly. "Of all the people to accuse it was the one with the questionable reputation, anyway. And the husband who wears all his emotions on sleeve. Would it have been anyone but Kalden, I would suspect it to be a purposeful strike against the crown's alliance with Copplestone, but..." She shrugged. "Kalden's a boor. At least with the first of spring planting coming soon, Edric will have an excuse to be sent to see to his holdings."

She frowned slightly, but then sighed as if having to undertake a task she had no pleasure in. "How is my husband? No one has said anything to me of him. Nor has he visited, to my knowledge."
Old 03-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #18
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"He is fine, and well indeed. He helped Edric coordinate the defense on the walls today- and he's proven himself a clever man to have in a battle." Rothgar did not hide the slight surprise or the fact he was pleased with his good-son. "Though no, he has not called on you. Your illness being a chancey thing, it was thought better he be kept far thence." Rothgar's right shoulder lifted in a shrug.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course," she said, unable to keep from rolling her eyes, though it was quite clear the gesture wasn't directed at her father. "He's proven himself time and again to me; I'm sure he would never disappoint me in what he does. His concern is heartwarming."

She looked toward Rothgar directly, though there was an unsteadiness to her gaze, an obvious sign of someone quite drugged against pain. "Are there any priests or priestesses left in the court? I would have one sent to me. I am not particular - I can find a prayer for any of them."
Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #20
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He shook his head. "No true priests, but I can have one of the guards fetch up a novice somewhere, I suspect. The godsworn are sorting through the ruins in the temples and tending the wounded who could not be moved. Most refused shelter here- but I have the redcloaks barring the walls of Old Volorro and more men at the temple gates.... but if you want one, one can be procured."
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A novice would probably suffice," she said, giving a half wave of one of her hands, though she wasn't able to move to her full extent still hunched over pillows at her front. "They know enough of ceremony to help me give offerings for sister's and others' recoveries. That is all I require. Shall I expect the Solvitreos presently?"
Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 PM   #22
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"On the morrow," he said sigh a tired sigh. "Get what rest you can ere then. I think one of the twins may be ill, so you'll be spared dealing with the pair of them for a while. Unfortunately, so is Jason's bride. I suppose I might appeal to Attericus' concern for his purse and simply slip one of her cousins into Jason's bed in her place if she dies." He rolled his eyes. "Let's hope it does not come to that. Add it to your prayers, daughter. And I'll leave you to your thoughts; I needs must speak with your mother yet."

Tags
rothgar vellfyre, valencia vellfyre