Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Southshores > Fairgrove

Fairgrove A town of 3,958, ruled by a lesser branch of House Solvitreo and treated as Lord Solvitreo's summer retreat. Fairgrove is named for its citrus groves and located along the Godswash, a main transit route from the mountains to the Tal Solarii port.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Default 5.5.31 (late morning) | Taking it Easy | Jason, Jayr [ask to join]

Jason wondered if it was too soon. Of course, he wasn't going to ask Lanius or anything because then the man might tell him to wait a little longer and then he would have to actually wait a little longer. And it was not as if he was going to go wield a battle axe. A bit of activity wouldn't hurt. And the thought of taking it easy brought to mind a conversation he had not too long ago with Jayr Solvitreo, and he grinned.

He dressed in simple clothes (for a prince or any noble); tan breeches and a beige shirt. His boots were brown and unpolished, still muddy from the last time he wore them, but he didn't seem to mind. At least he wasn't tracking it when he walked, so he would yell at Varric about it later.

Walking the unfamiliar halls, he let Jackson direct him, pointing the way and finally turning down the corridor he needed. Ah, but what luck. Jayr was either coming out of his rooms or going in. "My lord," Jason called, quickening his step until he was close enough. "Just the man I was looking for. Have you many plans today?"
Old 06-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The dire warnings of the evening before echoed through his thoughts all that night and into the morning. It wasn't unlike his family to venture into dramatics when it came to problems such as these, but this...ingratiating himself to the royal family seemed, in a sense, somewhat like kissing arses. Something Jayr hated. But it was in his family's, his house's, best interests. No matter what his father might think, he always tried to put those interests first.

At least ingratiating himself to the prince's favor might not be too terrible. He had just left his room, in fact, to ask the same question the prince now asked him. Which shocked him, in a sense...he did not expect the prince to seek him out first.

"As you can see..." he swept his hand over the simple clothing he, too, donned. "...I've many plans today. Which today, in the grand scheme of things, means no plans, highness. I'm bored out of my skull."
Old 06-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #3
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Wonderful," Jason said happily. "I was hoping to go to the yard. I have not trained since the hunt, and my arm finally feels like it will stay firmly in place. The knee...? Well..." He looked down at it and tilted his head from one side to the other as if weighing how good or bad it was. "I've had worse? I know we spoke of training together, and while I hope you'll still indulge me, I must beg your forgiveness before we begin. I am afraid I will not present the challenge you deserve all things considered. But I promise I'll make it up to you if you promise to go easy on me."

He smiled and gestured for Jayr to walk with him. "It must be relieving to see your sisters again. Regardless of what people say of older brothers, it is never easy to be parted from those you wish to keep safe."
Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I shall go as easy on you as I can manage, highness," he said, his face completely deadpan, and he nodded in thanks at the offer to walk with the prince. "Though perhaps it might be beneficial to do training also in regards to the knee. You don't wish that to go lame..."

Jayr managed a small smile at the mention of his sisters. "Yes. When I heard what happened, I wanted to immediately head out. My father told me to be patient...I'm not too much of a patient person." He sighed. "Did your family fare well?"
Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So... not easy at all then," he grinned, contrasting the expression on his companion's face. "It may be that action improves it. It has felt so stiff, but I cannot tell if it's from the blow it took or from disuse. I suppose we'll discover that soon."

He nodded. "We have that in common, it seems. I would have wished to do the same." He frowned for the first time since seeing him. "Kalden was injured terribly. And Lucia... I've heard some encouraging news, but... I'd feared the worst. I believe it was your sister, Lady Tyana, who protected Lucia. Kalden, though... I've seen lesser injuries lay men low..."
Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 AM   #6
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then thank the gods Ty...er, Lady Tyana, was there." Good girl...with all the fuck-ups she had, at least she did something right. Though he could have given two shits about Kalden, he was always at least civil when it came to his auntie's brood. "And any news of my Vellfyre cousin, Kalden? I fear that I haven't heard much, other than his injuries were grave..."
Old 06-09-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've heard he will live," Jason said. "Which is good... Because if he'd have died, I'd have killed him." He knew logically that made no sense, but it got a point across. "The magisters were certain he would not survive, but... he's got the stubbornness and strength of both of his parents. I'm only surprised that people are surprised he is recovering."
Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 AM   #8
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, indeed. That is good. About gods-damned time people started getting some good news." The wars had taken much from people, as had the damnable progress, apparently. Gods didn't know when to give...most times it was all about taking. "I hope you are well-kept at Fairgrove...though I can guess you are wishing for the day you can walk the floors of your own halls? Traveling is well and good when necessity requires it, but more often than not, cannot compare to home."
Old 06-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #9
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Truer words were never spoken. I know Solarii was home for many years for my wife, and she speaks of it with a fondness I can only understand when I think of Summerhall. I guess it is true what they say... Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Even so, I do like it here. It's quiet... but not too quiet. And it is beautiful."
Old 06-09-2016, 03:14 AM   #10
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, indeed. Its quiet was the constant background for my times of forced reflection father forced upon me as a child," he chuckled. "Mostly for focusing more on the sword than on studies. And how fares your wife? Lady Parissa...her highness, now, as it were? I remember her constant presence around Solarii...she was rather close to my sisters and cousins..."
Old 06-09-2016, 03:21 AM   #11
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was still too early to say, but it seemed like, at the off-set, Jayr and Jason may have similar views concerning their fathers. Strange how that worked. "I always looked forward to when I got to leave Tor Vellesca for Summerhall. Reflection was hard to come by there, though. I squired for Prince Bryce, so between my cousins, my brother, and the other squires... there was at least never a dull moment. Still... more quiet than Volorro."

He looked down at his gloved hands and gave a small smile. "She is well. Shaken, of course, from our travels, but so is everybody. And very excited that we are so close to Solarii. Ever since this progress began, it has been all she's talked about."
Old 06-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #12
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her excitement might very well wane, in light of what's happening. Jayr knew, at least right now, to keep this to himself. He didn't want to assume what the prince might or might not know. "Solarii, yes. The crown jewel of the 'shores, as father often called it. Most people find it shocking that so many of the 'shores ladies cover their faces. I find it amusing." He smirked. "It's amusing times when men...or those who call themselves men...have an assumption about their wive's beauty. Makes for a shocker on the wedding night. Though there are those rare women who prove assumptions correct..."
Old 06-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #13
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose that may well be true for men who value only beauty," he said, smirking. "Are you speaking of wishes, my lord? Has your father engaged you to a woman whose face you've yet to see?"
Old 06-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #14
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You are not to speak of your wishes too often, hence, the gods will not grant them." He let out a small chuckle. "Or so I am told."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, jayr solvitreo