Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #1
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Default 4.28.31 | Time to Rest | Alianor, Bryce [ask to join]

He had asked to be told the moment her party arrived. Unfortunately, that order garnered some confusion in that the moment Alianor arrived, he was sleeping because of that wonderful drink Lanius mixed to help with the pain. Though he was healing well, he was still being advised to take it slow, not move too quickly, and to generally rest where and when he could. His squire was too afraid to wake him, and though he was thoroughly yelled at the moment Bryce did learn Alianor had arrived and he hadn't been told, he was secretly grateful for the undisturbed sleep.

Slowly, he made his way to where her room was, being admitted inside by Natalia who was on her way out. He paid her little notice as he walked within, and once he saw his sister he looked around at the other servants and ladies and very bluntly said, "get out."

He waited for the door to close behind the last retreating person and then took the few steps between himself and Alianor to embrace her. "Gods above, I am glad to see you," he whispered. "I am so sorry, Ali. I wish... I wish I had been there with you." He took a step back to look at her. "I know better than to ask how you're doing, but at least tell me how you are recovering."
Old 06-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

She was sewing when her brother arrived, focused on a pattern much simpler than the ones she had done in her youth, but nevertheless lovely. Vines and red flowers, a little sun in each corner. Something to take the mind off aches and pains both physical and not. The Princess sighed at her work, tilting her head. She had thought perhaps it might be a peace token for Melantha, after a fashion. Something to afix to one of her many veils, but alas...

She was torn from the thought by an abrupt slam of a door, standing to see her ladies ordered out before she had chance to speak. Bryce. Of course.

Alianor accepted her brother's hug with a sag of her shoulders, a momentary lapse in composure to allow herself the comfort.

"Brother," she simply replied, gesturing for him to have a seat. "I recover as well as can be expected. The knee gives me trouble." She gave a grunt, tapping a polished oak cane against the chair before shaking her head.

"Alas, what troubles me is not my own pain, but yours. They would not let me see you, you were so gravely ill, and I thought it best to let the physicians do their duty. Tell me how you're faring, my dear, and then we will move on to all we have yet to discuss."
Old 06-07-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Your pain is never something that troubles you. And mine... Only so far as it limits me. And, in many ways, I have been limited much. I have not been hurt such as this since my tourney days." He moved to sit, slower than usual, and his ice-blue eyes swept over her again, apparently satisfied in their appraisal.

"But there is a pain that runs deeper than that. One having nothing to do with the sword to my middle..."
Old 06-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

She set aside her sewing with care, moving to pour wine into pewter goblets, "You are young enough to be vigorous still. You will recover, with the mercy of the Gods."

Alianor slide the goblet across the table, squinting slightly at her brother, "But tell me, what is this pain that troubles you most of all? I would know of it, so I might do whatever I am able to help."
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled. "Perhaps you have forgotten what it feels to be this age, but vigorous is not the word I would have chosen."

He reached for the goblet and took a sip, obviously stalling before answering her question. Another sip for good measure, and he set it down on the table again, his eyes looking away from her. "The pain of helplessness. Of knowing my children need me... And knowing there is not a damn thing I can do to protect them. I... hate to speak so plain of it. I... know what it is to lose a child. But I fear I will know it again. And again. Until the gods have taken all of them from me. Even now, though my sons live, they have all but one foot in the Underworld. And my daughter..." He fell silent.

Then he shook his head. "Perhaps I was wrong to judge our brother so harshly. There's something to be said for holding your children at a distance..." Though, it didn't seem to make death hurt any less if Rothgar's disposition after James and Rollant were any indication.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 PM   #6
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

"Nonsense," she replied tartly, "If Roth might ride this progress out with little complaint, so might you... which comes to one of many things I need to discuss with you, brother dear..."

She sighed at the mention of their mutual helplessness, "Loss is a knife that cuts deep, and we have both known it well. But we hold our children close as a blessing from the gods nevertheless, knowing life is short enough that we must take what happiness we find wherever we can. Roth should know this truth. No point expecting him to be nurturing, but a certain closeness... nevermind that, for that."

The Princess took a heavy gulp of wine and wrapped a mantle about her shoulders.

"Tell me of this business with your daughter. There may not be much I can do, but nonetheless, I would listen just to ease your burdens."
Old 06-26-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He smiled, but there was only sadness behind it. A heaviness he couldn't shake no matter where he set his mind. "The kingdom she wed is tearing itself to pieces. She... is strong. A strength she didn't get from her mother or from me... But damn if she's ignorant to it. To endure as she has... But I fear it is not enough. I fear that I... that I sent her to her death."
Closed Thread

Tags
alianor vellfyre, bryce vellfyre