Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 3.24.31 | Doggone Nights | During the Feast | Open

Tyana did not feel like herself. This place was bearing down on her far worse than anything that she dealt with under Charlotte. She felt as if every bit of her strength was being sapped away and even a smile could not be managed.

It was probably just a temporary state of mind, but instead of socializing or dancing, she just sat there nursing her cup of wine and ignoring all else while listening to the music. Even the music seemed lackluster and rather depressing causing her to take another sip.

Of course, when someone did look directly at her, she gave a nod, a polite smile and made an excuse that she was just resting which was not entirely false. She was exhausted attempting to fight too many battles just like a horse attempting to pull a wheelhouse with a broken wheel.

She would count to fifty and then make her excuses for the evening. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore smiled at the lordling who blustered, turning red at the attention from the scandalous divorced Vellfyre. It was looking like it was going to be a long night for her. Preening and politely playing the part. The worst part was trying to ignore the occasional blatant stares at her as if she was some sort of novelty item. She did her best to ignore them, and those who couldn't be ignored she looked down her nose at them. Edric might have divorced her but she was a Vellfyre and even a slightly disgraced Vellfyre was still better then most of them.

Sniffing indignantly, she stole a glance around the room and caught sight of Tyana and frowned. Len hadn't gotten to see Tyana as much as she did Zanara, probably due to the fact that Tyana was Charlotte's lady and she and Zanara served Parissa. Excusing herself from her present company, Len made her way over to Tyana. She frowned, "Are you feeling well? You aren't your usual vibrant self, coz."
Old 09-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She got to about 30 when she heard a familiar voice asking if after her and she attempted a small smile. "Perhaps I am just tired, or something is sapping my strength and enthusiasm," she replied as the smile disappeared into the frown.

"How have you been faring so far on this trip, coz?" She asked as she made room for Lenore to join her if she wished to sit for awhile and chat.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #4
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The failed attempt at the smile caused Len's frown to deepen in understanding, "I think it's this place..." Len glanced around and wrinkled her nose a little, "I know the Seyferts are trying but I am not comfortable here."

Sliding into the seat next to Tyana unceremoniously, "It's not going fast enough, you?" Slanting a glance at her cousin. "Anyone carry your favor this afternoon in the melee? I missed quite a bit of it fetching cakes for Parissa." She hadn't really been fetching cakes but for all intensive purposes that was her story and she was sticking to it.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The young Solvitreo did not want to say it aloud, but she did nod having come to the same conclusion. "That is putting it mildly." She added and then casually looked around before her gaze came back to Lenore.

"Same," she murmured as her fingertips traced along the surface of the table. "I keep thinking I will be happier elsewhere, but what if there is a place even worse than this one?" She added as her frown deepened at the mention of cakes for Parissa. "Not a one, but there is always next time," she answered not having made any connection with someone enough to offer her favor to them.

"Fetching cakes? Should I even ask?" She asked attempting to allay her curiosity.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #6
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore's gaze softly flickered over the group of people nearby and sighed. "Take it from me, there are places worse then this one." It was a long moment before she looked back at Tyana, "This doesn't even rank among the worst of them, I suspect." She swallowed then looked away and then down watching Tyana's fingertips tracing the surface of the table.

She slumped a little in her chair, "You aren't alone in that boat. I am starting to feel like a pious priestess." Lenore grumbled quietly to Tyana.

Darting a glance at Tyana, Len snorted a small laugh, "NO." She rolled her eyes, "Let's just say I am getting tired of being the responsible one lately."
Old 09-05-2015, 02:36 AM   #7
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh? There are other places with creepy priests and even creepier towers?" She asked as she leaned over to whisper it in Lenore's ear. Then she leaned back and winced, "Although, I am hesitant to ask how those places ranked far worse and a list on what to avoid if possible." That did crack a small smile.

Which was rather short lived, "Well, I will not judge there will be someone out there for you. Well...until another match is made." She said slowly and quietly recalling her conversation with her ex-husband. Another depressing thought and she hoped Lenore would not put it against her for bringing it up.

At least, someone laughed even though it was small. That seemed to help Tyana's mood a tiny bit. "Responsibility does tend to be quite burdensome at times, but apparently while here...we are all apparently attempting to not rock the boat lest they find themselves in the tower for not being pious and dry...I mean pure enough."
Old 09-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #8
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore's lips lifted on one side in amusement as Tyana whispered in her ear. Bending her head a little to whisper back, "Don't tell me it's the creepy priests and the creepy towers that makes this place so horrible to you." Meeting Tyana's gaze with a bit of amusement, "Not a bit scared are you?"

She sighed and relaxed in her chair again, and was quiet for a long moment thinking about all her past mistakes. Shaking her head, "I don't know. Sometimes I am not sure what I want - if I want someone to be interested in me." Darting her dark eyes to Tyana again, "I am in no hurry for another match, but I don't suspect I'll have to wait to long... just long enough for some of the scandal to die down."

Raising her thumb to her lips, she bit her nail. "I don't know if I believe in purity any more." She stared at the faces around the room and not seeing anyone she'd rank as truly pure of heart. "I think purity might just be a figment of our imaginations, much like perfection. Something we can believe exists but is always just out of reach for us."
Old 09-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No, but they seem to be the catalyst that seems to fill everyone else with dread making this journey rather dull and others on edge," she said gloomily as she took a sip of wine. "I did not even realize it was possible, but can you have even more eyes watching you waiting until you get caught for doing something that others might call harmless fun?"

She nodded, "Marriage seems like it own weight, but I do not think being a spinster is any better. At least when you are married, you might have someone you can torment or adore contractually." Her eyes were on the table again attempting to hid the mischief that flickered at the thought that was invoked by her words.

"Perfection is overrated and well I think the other promises a headache if the fine line is not maintained," Tyana sniffed and took another sip wanting to feel numb. "But people seem to enjoy the thrill of getting away with whatever they get themselves into while attempting at covering up their sins. Sadly, I seem to not be so lucky on that front. Maybe when we are back on the road I shall be right as rain once more."
Old 09-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore snorted and shook her head, not for an instant believing they were the catalyst for anything. Political climate and the trauma's the past few months were the more likely culprits of discomfort. At least that's how Lenore viewed it. She bit back a full laugh and shot Tyana an amused look, "Get use to it, Tyana, the men up here aren't use to pretty girls." She leaned in a little to whisper, "I'd say they haven't seen so many attractive women in this place since... ever." Then just to have a bit of fun with her cousin she dropped her voice another octave to a lower whisper, "I hear they make do with goats."

Setting back in her chair she sucked in a breath, "Don't rush you marriage, spinsterhood is only a problem if you are poor and of low birth." Tossing Tyana a glance, "You aren't either." Frowning, "That is what they want us to believe that when we are married we have one person we can adore and torment for as long as we wish... but what they don't tell us... for ladies like us... it's usually us that are adored and tormented."

She nodded her head, "If a fine line is not maintained with the other, it's not a headache that occurs... it's a stick up your..." Lenore coughed realizing she was still among other people. "Not having fun... in a place like this... why... Tyana...how could you not." There was sarcasm dripping in her voice. She rolled her eyes, "What mess have you fallen into this time that you weren't able to dig you way out of and are now in a little snit about?" The words might have been brash but at least they were said with honest concern.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #11
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Poor goats," Tyana quipped back in a whispered tone with amusement dancing in her eyes. "Well, Lumberton was even more backwards and with a lack of any sort of social grace. At least here it seems that everyone is too scared to be noticed lest the tower gets you."

"It is not like I have a choice, but I have this sneaky suspicion that my father is waiting for an arrangement too good to be true and even then he would hesitate and negotiate until he is holding all of the cards in his favor," she murmured and chuckled. "Well, I do not think I wish to love this husband of mine or adore him for that matter, but perhaps out of it might come some respect even if I am merely a woman." Then she narrowed her eyes and looked impish, "Or it shall be an interesting lesson that one would start learning of the other."

A brow rose up and she chuckled at the slight tangent. "Urgh. I have got the shivers and feel as if there are eyes upon me now." She winced and wrinkled her nose. Despite being cousins, Tyana was not about to air her stupid mistakes to anyone whether it was Lenore or even her sister. Her mistakes should be her own, of course, Elijah and Kain could end up throwing out that information out there to further humiliate her, but it may also get them into a certain amount of trouble as well. "Ah nothing too serious and I am here and not outside with a shovel readying my grave. I just wanted to play a prank on Sanya and well the opportunities and ideas have all gone rather dry. Me of all people and nothing," she sniffed and began to pout once more as her hand balled into a fist.

"Although, coz, I was wondering if you could help me out?" Before there was any room for complaining, she added, "It should not get you in any trouble...or I would hope not."
Old 09-06-2015, 12:55 AM   #12
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Poor goats, indeed." Lenore muttered under her breath with a nod of her head trying to keep from laughing. She gave a nod of her head, "I don't see a scary place here, it's just depressing here." As if hoping to see some spark of inspiration she flicked her eyes over people again, coming up disappointed before she turned back to study Tyana.

"Mmm... your father is shrewd, but that's good, it means your husband will be forced to walk a fine line with you or suffer your father's wrath. Hell, he'd have to suffer the whole Solvitreo clan's wrath I imagine." She swallowed, and dropped her eyes as if she was speaking from personal experience. It had been that way with Edric, her name had been the only thing that had saved her dignity, but her name had also been what had ruined her marriage. If she'd been some meager vassal lord's daughter, Edric could have maybe played knight in shining armor.

At asking Tyana what she'd done, it was the wince and the wrinkle of her nose that gave away she'd ran into some sort of trouble, and the fact that she just shrugged it off said she'd gotten caught. Lenore didn't feel the need to boast about her knowledge, instead she let Tyana keep her secrets... a girl should have her secrets. Rolling her eyes she smiled, "Sanya needs someone to keep her on her toes."

'Although, coz, I was wondering if you could help me out.' Lenore's head shot back up and her eyes widened as she stared at her cousin as Tyana's speech picked up before she could say anything. Silent for a long moment, Len studied Tyana and dramatically straightened in her chair letting Tyana wait for her answer before she sighed and rolled her eyes. "What's the point if there is not chance in getting me in trouble? What is is you need?"
Old 09-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #13
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana tilted her head as she subtly people watched. "I cannot help but agree, but scary for those that might end up in that tower," she continued to whisper as she recalled Queen Charlotte's own warning. "I am definitely depressed by being here. Although the imagery about the goats might help me out of this slump."

The smile became a little more wicked which she covered up by a cup for a sip. Then she replied, "Only if the man who is unfortunate to become my husband deserved it. I think I am magnanimous enough to not spend every moment of my life to lay him out upon a spite and roast his...him alive unless it was absolutely necessary." There was some truth, promise and perhaps a bit of a lie all wrapped up in her statement to sound more like a jest.

"It would have been harmless and if lucky, she would have had something to warm her bed for her," she muttered and then shrugged it away for her benefit. There were other capers and other times.

Then there was genuine laughter at Lenore's quip, "Then we should think of something for the moment we are out of Delving, unless something too irresistible comes up. However, we were hoping to tip the scales a bit in the fashion arena and seeing that Princess Ziamara is almost out of mourning clothes, would you be the bridge to offering her a chance to look at a new gown design that was fleshed out for her to wear in public?"
Old 09-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #14
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore rolled her eyes at Tyana and laughed, shaking her head, "Seems like a nice enough place for some ghost stories though." Glancing around at the hall's architecture before sighing, "I wonder if the children that grow up here are scarred from living in a place like this..." The words weren't much more out of her mouth before she regretted saying them. There were worse places a child could grow up.

Tyana was a good deal bravado, a part of Lenore felt like she was looking at herself a few years ago. Arching a brow curiously at her cousin, she just pursed her lips to keep from giving the girl a knowing smile. "Perhaps you'll be better at it then I was." Darting her eyes across the hall again she focused on no one in particular and everyone all at once.

At the mention of the plot against Sanya, Len's eyebrows rose an inch higher to stare incredulously at Tyana. "Tyana!" Her lips quirked and she started to laugh, "Sanya would have killed you two for that. I think she's quite capable of finding her own bed warmer if she wanted." She scolded but there was no real bite to her words. Impishly she leaned in, "What went wrong?"

Listening to the idea, she bit her bottom lip then nodded her head. "Yes, I don't mind speaking to Princess Ziamara about it but I wouldn't get your hopes up quite yet. She's worn her whites for quite some time that I wonder if it's become a habit... Habits can be a bit harder to change."
Old 09-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #15
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I would imagine that the lucky ones are the ones that are fostered away from this place,” she added with no regret only thinking of her own home and how lucky anyone was to be brought up in Tal Solarii.

“One never knows what happens until they are in the thick of it. Although, I suppose being in the middle of it makes people also lose their perspective on their own life,” she said as she shook her head. Of course, at the moment she imagined the worst thing imaginable for a husband was a dull one.

“Kill me or thank me!” She answered back with a pout. “I apparently did not take into account how difficult it was catching and containing a rabbit,” she said with disappointment. “Nothing that a bit of research would not alleviate. I swear I figured it would be a bit like corralling a piglet, but apparently I was wrong. Although…now I have the idea with gifting her a goat even though she might not get the reference unless you tell her.” She beamed with the same impish nature that Lenore was drawing her into.

“True, but even while dressed in mourning garb, she continued to remain stylish. Well, it is ultimately her decision of course, but if she likes it, I know for a fact that most if not all the ladies at court will emulate her.”
Old 09-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Nodding her head because she too was thinking of her own childhood at Summerhall with the other Vellfyres. Summerhall was about as different from Delving as night was from day.

"Yes, things are different when you are in the middle of it. You gain a bit of perspective the deeper you are drawn into it." She looked down pretending to examine her nails. "You really don't see the whole picture until you step farther away." At least that had been her experience with it.

Lenore smiled and shook her head, until Tyana mentioned the rabbit and her head came up and she burst into a throaty laugh. "Oh she'd have killed you, Tyana!" Len said as her laugh began to subside. "The first time she felt something furry brush against her leg she'd have screamed till she was blue in the face." Watching Tyana for a long moment before she gave a sigh and nodded her head, "I'll manage to drop the word to Sanya tomorrow, and even see if I can find you a goat, but you'll owe me one." There was a wicked glint in her dark eyes that had been missing the last few months.

"Princess Ziamara is easily one of those women, that men want and women want to be." There was no animosity in her tone as she spoke the words. She loved Zee and that was never questionable. "Perhaps, she'll have time at Ashmark to consider it. I wouldn't want to mention anything here..." Wrinkling her nose, Len glanced around again, "This place is not a place that will inspire any sort of happiness, I don't think."
Old 09-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #17
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore’s words of wisdom followed closely with hers and she nodded agreeing with it. It was always easier to give advice unless it was regarding one’s own life. Always so complicated and easier to throw words at people in crisis instead of following one’s own advice.

She pouted, as she said it with a bit of glumness, “I do not know why, I mean furry is better than scaly, yes? My original idea consisted of a harmless garter snake. I mean they are so affectionate. I would have a few slithering around if Abigail did not go out of her way to harm them.” She almost mentioned that awkward exchange between Sanya and Edric in the gardens, but it was probably too soon and would shake out more problems for her not so secret chaperone. “Nooo! That would be terrible,” she squealed and then looked about and covered her mouth to hold in the laughter. “If she mentions a goat at all, I will come for you,” she playfully poked Lenore’s side while feigning a scowl.

Tyana nodded in agreement regarding the princess and her suggestion, “I think that is wise. I do not want our new fashion push attempt to be marred by this place. Although, fifty percent of the credit should go to a Seyfert.”
Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #18
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Did you ever consider that Sanya wasn't quite as faint of heart as you are hoping?" Her dark eyes didn't bother to glance at Tyana's pouty lips, the amusement was evident in Lenore's though. "Sanya has been playing pranks like that since almost before you were born." This time she shifted her amused dark eyes to Tyana and smiled wickedly, "Sanya probably wrote the rule book on pranks..." Arching an eyebrow at Tyana, "It could be you that ends up with a goat in your chambers, you know..."

Tilting her head curiously at Tyana, "A Seyfert? Which one?" This should be interesting...
Old 09-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #19
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I never considered Sanya faint of anything, dear coz. I am simply attempting to bring out the more mischievous side in her to remind her that she is neither old nor dull, but she honestly needs to lighten up.” She murmured with a smile and then laughed gaily, “I would love that! I hear goats could be rather agreeable. Although I do not know if Abigail would like the competition, could you imagine if my little monkey decided to saddle a goat to ride about the palace?”

Noting the curiosity, Tyana gave a sweet smile, “Natalia. She has quite the eye for fashionable things and rather lovely with a charming and thoughtful disposition.”
Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #20
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore gave a nod of her head knowing what Tyana meant and if the circumstances were different Len might have been right in the middle of trying to activate Sanya's mischievous side. Rolling her eyes, "Of course you would! And Abigail would be quite amused to have a playmate I am sure." She gave a snort of a laugh as she visually considered a little monkey riding a goat through the palace. "That would be a grand spectacle!"

Arching a brow, she merely nodded her head. A Seyfert with an eye for fashion, it had to be someone that wasn't spending much time around this place. "Well, I'll speak to Princess Ziamara about it but I can't make any guarantees on it." Ziamara had been adamant about wearing white and Len wasn't sure if it hadn't become a bit of a wall for her cousin.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #21
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was probably a good thing that Tyana did not relay the tidbit of information that was observed by both Amina and herself regarding Lord Edric in the garden. No one would ever get that uptight after a brief conversation with anyone without some previous encounter, but she seemed angry, suspicious and wound up tight ready to spring. Of course, having met the man herself, he seemed actually depressing if not creepy, but he might have very well been in his cups even though he claimed he was sober. Awkward...

She continued to giggle at the imagery and considered it, but then her face fell, "Oh no, it might be a terrible idea and dear Abigail would be served up for her monkey brains and a goat soup after such a grand spectacle and mischief."

A nod was given as well as a smile, "That is all I ask and appreciate it, coz. Maybe if you look at the final product you might like it as well." Then her face broke out into a grin, "Of course, I think the men at court would not be able to take their eyes off of the women wearing the gown, but it would not be scandalous enough to gain an earful from the modest matrons. We are young still and need to continue to act our age!"
Old 09-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #22
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

If Tyana only knew... Lenore knew quite positively that Edric wasn't as innocent as he proclaimed he was. They'd not been intimate since before their daughter had been born, and she simply did not think a man could go that long without giving away to temptation. That's not to say she knew who'd slept with her husband, nor frankly, did she care. What ever kept him out of her bed, kept her happy! But that was neither here nor there and not the topic of the conversation.

"Then you could of course plan a daring rescue escape for Abigail and possible the goat, of course what you would do with the goat after you rescued it... would be the big question!" Lenore giggled, shaking her head.

Biting her bottom lip in thought she nodded, "Of course, I'll take a look at it too if you want. I might also suggest Princess Parissa would be one to speak to too. She has an interest in trendsetting. Though, I might suggest having Zanara speak to her instead of me. I suspect the princess is not my biggest fan." She sighed, "I feel old when I am around her." Lenore frowned it forming a slight pout, "I use to be fun... I really did."
Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #23
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana's eyes narrowed and she looked about suspiciously before meeting her cousin's gaze, "Lenore, stop that, it is like you are reading my mind!" She exclaimed and grinned. "Yes, I would and it would be quite daring. Ah yes, what to do with the goat then. Maybe sacrifice it to ensure a clean escape after all that daring-do?"

"I will have Zanara speak with her or myself when I can catch up to her," Tyana replied with a nod herself knowing that she would be excited as well to obtaining a new dress. She giggled, "A matron now, but still quite lovely." Then a sigh as she whispered, "You are her Sanya." Then shook her head, "You are fun, coz, it's just that you are more level headed when it is necessary and right now Parissa just wants to act out and have fun or what she believes to be fun while you are watching out for her reputation. I would imagine she is quite lucky to have you in her retinue whether she know it or not."
Old 09-12-2015, 01:54 AM   #24
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Arching a brow at the look Tyana was giving her, "Don't look at me like that, Tyana. Your brow wrinkles and it makes the most terrible looking wrinkles in your forehead!" She wagged her index finger in the general direction of Tyana's forehead as she teased her. "I don't have to read your mind, Ty. I just know you well enough to know what you are thinking. It's my mother that reads minds." Giving her coz a dry look before lifting the wine to her lips again and taking a small sip.

Rolling her eyes, "Just remember I am only a couple years older then you, my dear..." She sniffed indignantly though her lips twitching gave away her amusement. "How dare you, you brat, compare me to Sanya!" Reaching over she lightly pinched Tyana's ribs, "You think Sanya needs to lighten up, I am fun." Taking another sip of her wine, "Princess Parissa just doesn't see it... that's all." It was muttered.

Sliding a glance at Tyana she sighed, "I suppose, I believe I am the only lady in her company that has any actual experience running their own household. I fear she doesn't take her roll seriously but she's still so young I guess that's to be expected, isn't it?"
Old 09-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #25
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The young Solvitreo felt a sense of deja vu recalling Lenore's mother telling her to not make faces lest they stick and she chuckled to herself. "Yes does! I swear it's rather unnerving." Her expression turned pensive as she said, "I wonder if I have grown predictable." Then an unreadable expression flitted across her face as if making a decision about something unseen or said.

She laughed and wiggled away as Lenore retaliated attempting to avoid her punishment. She did not also mention that Sanya was only a couple of years older than her cousin, but could not help but grin as Lenore mentioned once again that she was fun. "I think Pari is just young and trying to adapt to doing what she wants versus trying to do what everyone expects of her. It could make one tired of it and just act out when things do not end up going her way. We can only hope she outgrows it, but I doubt it is just you personally, coz, I think she is just tired of one more person telling her what she can or cannot do even if it is sound advice."

She nodded, "I do not think she quite sees any of the politics and intrigue behind it. She just knows and understands that she is now married to the crown prince. I think she needs room to make mistakes and we can just hope they are not incredibly crippling while she hopefully learns from her mistakes. Of course, like all students, they learn at their own speed and with their own methods. It just takes time, but unfortunately, Pari might not have enough time to learn it all and just sort of shutting it all out."
Old 09-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #26
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore brushed a stray coil of her dark hair away from her face as she half giggled and half snickered at her Solvitreo cousin but the thought filled look on Tyana's face caused Len's laugh to slowly die. She regarded her companion for a moment. Intrigued, she asked, "Predictable, darling? What ever makes you think you are becoming predictable?" Letting her gaze drop from Tyana's face, she added, "I believe after the plague and the riots we are all still reeling a little bit, afraid to return to the way we were before." Shooting another brief glance at her cousin, "Give it some time, Ty. The world is changing and sometimes the easiest thing to do is to change with it."

"Parissa is young and no doubt trying to adapt but when she married Jason what she wants was to be put on a shelf." Lifting the wine to her lips she took a healthy sip, "I don't blame her, adjusting is difficult, but I am on her side in this..." Staring down into the burgundy colored liquid she thought about the happenings of the day. Did Parissa think she liked having to call Jason to rein her in? She would have given the Princess her freedom if she hadn't tried to send her on some wild goose chase for cakes. Moderation was the key to surviving the Vellfyre family.

Setting the glass down, Lenore half turned in her seat to face Tyana. "As long as it's that she doesn't see and not that she doesn't care." Visibly slumping, Lenore sighed, "Enough of this topic...it's depressing." Her lips lifted a little on one corner and a impish glint brightened in her chocolate colored eyes. "So who's heart are you hoping to break this week?"
Old 09-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #27
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Well Lenore's question managed to cheer her up bit by bit and relax, "Well, if I was falling into some expected routine, it is just a reminder that I needed to do something unexpected to throw everyone off." Then she sniffed and gave a smirk, "It would not do for people to expect my actions being random and unpredictable. I would need to do something completely dull and thus it shall be considered unexpected, yes?" She chuckled wondering if Lenore caught all of that or Tyana's dizzying logic would hopefully make her just shake her head and give up.

She sighed and nodded, "Agreed. Sometimes tragedy tends to be a painful anchor in reality. Not that I live or try to live in a fantasy world. I just want to bring a little color and mischief to the world, how is that a bad thing?"

A brow rose wondering at Lenore's opinion of Pari's actions, "Put on the shelf, like a doll or some statuesque bust?" She was relieved that there were two people looking out for Parissa and with the picture that Zanara painted regarding Princess Alianor and Queen Charlotte seeing Pari as weak minded and easily disposable lessened a tiny bit. "Girl to girl, what are your thoughts on Prince Jason? How is he around Parissa? A good influence? Caring?" She wanted to know that there would be another who would stand champion Parissa as well knowing if Jason cared deeply for her, she would be shielded from the worst of what Alianor and Charlotte might attempt to do to harm her.

A nod was given and she understood everything about depressing conversations and managed to look completely unreadable as she quipped back just as impishly, "Any suggestions?"
Old 09-14-2015, 12:01 AM   #28
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore's large dark eyes blinked rapidly as she tried to keep up with Tyana's rapid thought process. Her brow furrowed and she bit her bottom lip hoping that she'd understood it correctly. "Yesssss... I .... There could be something said about finding unpredictability in predictability." Her lips lifted and she nodded her head, "Your predictability is unpredictable..."

Shaking her head, "No, there is nothing wrong with a bit of color and mischief to the world... If it was meant to be black and white why did the gods bother allowing us to see color? Mischief is a natural affliction of humans."

"Figuratively, yes. The lives of royals is not one to be lived selfishly... it's not about our personal needs but what is best for everyone." She replied softly to her cousin, "In most respects, our lives seem to be golden to those who serve us but our penance is our lives aren't ever really ours. Do you understand?"

At the question about Jason, Lenore's lips smirked and she arched a brow at her younger cousin. "Girl to girl... you are asking me about Prince Jason..." Her lips puckered a little in thought then she sighed and glanced in his general direction. "He is exactly as he should be." Slanting her gaze to Tyana, "Yes, he's a good influence, caring, doting almost. At the same time, he seems ever willing to guide her, firmly if necessary to doing what is best for her."

Lenore studied Tyana a long moment with puckered lips and an arched brow. "Why are you so curious about Prince Jason?" Leaning her head in conspiratorially, Len's voice dropped to a whisper. "Is it his heart you hope to break?"
Old 09-14-2015, 12:36 AM   #29
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There was delight shining from Tyana's eyes as Lenore managed to follow and she laughed whole-heartedly, "I adore you, coz, never change. I think most would have just looked at me like I was mad and made excuses to run away in an attempt to mend the chaos that I planted in their minds." There was absolutely no remorse almost eluding that she did such things on purpose.

"Exactly! Why would the gods allow us to see color, and mischief is also fun...and vastly entertaining. What else would we do? Well, there are other things one could do, but even then you need to break up the monotony with a great prank." She replied with her usual enthusiasm bubbling in her voice and the rapidness of her words.

Her words regarding living the life of royals made sense and she sobered slightly to nod, "It makes perfect sense, but it does not mean that Pari would change immediately over night."

At least, she had the good sense to appear neutral, but watched Lenore with keen eyes. It was her turn to smirk as she heard of such praise about the crown prince. "That eases the mind," she replied and took a sip of her wine.

Then choked and sputtered on her wine as Len whispered her question. Luckily, none of it got on her gown and she quickly snatched a cloth napkin to wipe her mouth. "I, uh, why would I break his heart? One would need to offer it in order for it to break, no?" She grimaced and knocked Lenore's shoulder, "You just wanted to see me choke on my wine."
Old 09-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #30
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We are similiar kinds of crazy, coz... of course I understood what you were talking about." Hiding the look on her face, she didn't glance at Tyana as she took another sip of her wine. Gods, she hoped Tyana was just luckier then she was and walked a wide circle around the mistakes that Lenore had made. Slanting her dark eyes to glance at Tyana again, "Most people haven't heard crazier things then that... let alone thought them." Winking at Tyana playfully.

Tyana's enthusiasm bubbled over to Lenore as her smile grew until she finally laughed, "I think there are a lot of people who could tell us a great many things we could do but those people aren't worth listening too most of the time."

She shook her head, "No, I don't suppose she would, or could, change immediately over night...and I don't expect that but perhaps some progress would be nice to see."

Eyebrows rising a fraction higher at her cousins reply, just why was Tyana so interested in hearing that? What interest did she have in the matter? At her question, she curiously got her answer as Tyana started choking and sputtering her wine up. Interesting.... Her reply only caused, Lenore to raise her eyebrows even higher. Tyana bumped her shoulder and Lenore just smiled. "Maybe it wasn't his heart he offered, hmmm?" Tilting her head she studied her cousin for a moment then added with a sigh, "Keep reasonable expectations and you'll never be disappointed in a Vellfyre."
Closed Thread

Tags
lenore vellfyre, tyana solvitreo